“Hidden Secret” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #62 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Peyton, Colorado
“Hidden Secret”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

For $62 I stayed in a very nice room that I would normally expect to pay $100 for.

The staff are attentive and engage you to find out your needs.

Has a lite continental breakfast-great coffee.

Everything about this hotel made you feel comfortable.

It's located near major business and tourist areas making it good for both leisure and business. Being a extended stay hotel I had a kitchenette that look like it was in showroom condition.
This is a good find and will be my first choice for hotels in Colorado Springs.

• Stayed March 2013
Adrian S, Manager at Extended Stay America - Colorado Springs - West, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you had a good stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

The stay was hectic. The room is spacious but not enough for extended stay. That is months long. We planned to stay for four months but vacated in a month. I have a kid who is seven month old and he had no space to move. Kitchen is there but the cooking area is very small. Also house keeping is for every seven days but a full service is not done efficiently. The house keeping person didn't even asked what are the services we wanted. The person did not do it by their self too. All services are done when asked only and also very lethargic. They just sprayed a liquid on the sink and rubbed with a towel. There is no space to relax. No gym or play area to spend sometime. The laundry service costs each two dollars for drying and washing. Also the space was not so neat. The dryer didn't dry on a single dry so for one wash we have to spend six dollars or more. No pool. There is a grab and go breakfast. That has always muffins, oats, oat meal ready to eat. The toughest part is it is not refilled till that time. Who ever first comes only can get muffins and other stuffs. The last has to go without anything. I don't know what will we do with oats instant pack without dairy. Only coffee creamer is there.

Suggestions
1. Can refill items on breakfast till that specified time.
2. Can rotate items for breakfast like doughnuts and cakes.
3. All rooms are provided with bread toaster. Breads can be supplied to each room on the housekeeping day. That is weekly once or once in two weeks at least if they can't provide bread in grab and go.
4. Dairy is a must and can be included in grab and go.
5. Little bit relaxing area can be attached somewhere.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Adrian S, Manager at Extended Stay America - Colorado Springs - West, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am disappointed to hear that we didn't meet or exceeded your expectations, therefore please accept my sincere apology. We appreciate your feedback and I will be addressing these issues with my staff.I hope that you will contact me directly at csw@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this matter further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

My stay at Extended Stay America was originally going to last 3 weeks, however due to the circumstances, only stayed 2 nights. The entire process before I moved into the room was great. The employees provided great service and there was plenty of information provided on their webpage.
Once I received the room, I discovered how poorly the room was prepared. There were multiple holes in the walls. I went to move the bed and discovered the bad was placed there for a reason. The bed was covering unrepaired damage to the walls.
Directly across the street was another extended stay hotel called Crestwood Suites. I stopped in to check it out. They offered me a 2 bed suite for much less than the studio efficiency at Extended Stay America. Also Crestwood Suites has more ammenities like a fitness center, cheaper laundry, more channels on tv(HBO), and a much higher living standards. It was a no brainer to cancel the remainder of my reservation at Extended Stay America. I just wish I had found a review like this to save some time and trouble.

• Stayed February 2013
Adrian S, Manager at Extended Stay America - Colorado Springs - West, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that you had a bad experience and were offered you a room that did not meet your standards. I am directing my staff to place the room out of service until all the repairs are completed. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at operez@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Waynesville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

For what we are paying for this room, you really can't beat it. My husband and I came in for a week because his dad is in critical care in the local hospital. Had very little time to plan this trip. We don't like to eat out a lot so we wanted a place with a kitchen.

POSITIVES: The room is a decent size, the kitchen is great; functional and fairly-well equipped. Cleanliness was 9 out of 10, kitchen cabinets could use some work and the bathroom wasn't 100% clean but really not bad. The queen bed is very comfy. The location is great, right off the 25 so easy access to just about anywhere in town. Staff are VERY accommodating. Anything we asked for was supplied quickly and cheerfully. LOTS of restaurants nearby and many of them offer free delivery. The room is pretty quiet other than the traffic noise from the freeway but that's to be expected.

NEGATIVES: Our biggest problem here is with the heater. Bleh! It's really weird. It's winter here now and quite cold outside. When the heater is on the heat setting with the temperature knob in the RED setting, IT NEVER TURNS OFF. So the room gets REALLY hot. When the knob is turned into the BLUE setting, it actually uses the AC compressor so it turns on and off (a LOT, which keeps us awake). We tried turning the heater off at night and of course it gets way too cold. So it's either too hot or too cold and there is no way to fix it. We've been here about 4 nights now and we're managing with it. If we come back again (in the winter) we will ask to check the heater in the room before we take it. Regarding the kitchen supplies, there are some things that are not included which I feel are important: a skillet or some kind of frying pan, a can opener (we actually asked for one and one was swiftly delivered to our room! so that was good), sharp knives, glasses? (there are 2 small plastic cups, 4 oz.), cooking utensils (spatula, large spoons, etc. --there is nothing like that), large bowls--there are 2 very small ones. I cook a lot which is why we chose this place and I did bring my own knives and even some extra pots and I'm glad I did. There was no dish soap or sponges either so I had to go buy those items (found out later that they offer small dish soap samples but was not aware of that before purchasing).

All this said, I would probably stay here again, but make sure to bring those items mentioned above. You get what you pay for and, overall, I think you get quite a bit here for the money!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Adrian S, Manager at Extended Stay America - Colorado Springs - West, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
It was nice of you to take the time to write a review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Colorado Springs. It's always great to get the feedback from our valued guests, like you. Some places run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we think that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Thank you for bringing your concerns and suggestions to our attention, we will make a note and address. It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.
Mount Dora, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

The staff at this hotel are extraordinary! I have not received such pleasant reception, willingness to accomodate special needs, or such attention to detail in other high-end hotel as I did here. They provide a quality service and really go the distance to make one feel at home. Oscar Penez-Perez is the manager that went above and beyond, Mista is the front desk clerk that went above and beyond, and Bill, the maintenance man was "Johnny on the spot" whenever we had any issues or concerns. I cannot say enough good things about this facility and the staff that run it.
THANK YOU!!
Joelle Davis

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Adrian S, Manager at Extended Stay America - Colorado Springs - West, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. Our goal is to make you feel at home while you are away from home and I am glad we achieved that! Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I can't say enough about the excellent service we recieved from Extended Stay America. Our family brought a sick relative to Colorado Springs for a visit, and the kindness and hospitality that was shown to our friends and family was truly above and beyond our expectations. The handicapped-accessible room was clean, comfortable, and convenient. Manager Oscar, front desk host Mista, and even the maintainence man, Bill, were considerate, accomodating, and helpful. This hotel is easily accessed from the interstate, which was helpful in giving directions to friends coming to visit. The compassion shown to our relative and his guests was priceless. Clean and quiet, with a wonderful staff and a good price...I wouldn't look anywhere else.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to commend our staff on the service and it sounds like you enjoyed our facilities. We hope that you will come back to stay with us again in the near future. Thanks again.
Athens, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Our 2 week block of time in a ground floor handicapped access room with kitchenette was exceptional. Renovated room, clean, well equipped, and very close to Interstate access. An afforable gem - you don't want to miss!

IMPORTANTLY, I would like to extend my heartfel thanks and appreciative recognition to: Mr. Oscar Penez-Perez as a hotel manager who always goes above and beyond, Miss Mista a front desk clerk who willingly and smiling goes above and beyond, and Bill the maintenance man who keeps everthing repaired ad operational.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Adrian S, Manager at Extended Stay America - Colorado Springs - West, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that your stay with us was pleasant. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Been to Extended Stay America - Colorado Springs - West? Share your experiences!