After a long day, we checked in the this hotel. Both keys did not work when we got to the room, so had to go back down and have them reset. Once in the room, noticed the remote for the tv did not work, so again went back down and got a different remote. That remote did not work either, so checked it with another tv.... it was the tv. This time the night manager said, "I don't know what you want me to do about it." Explained that after a long day, really just want to crawl into bed and flip through the channels for a little bit. Blank look. Asked if there was another room available and was told yes, but it is more expensive. okay.... How about bringing a different tv into the room? "no- that isn't our policy. Some one can probably come look at it tomorrow." That was it! Luckily, my husband is an IT person and was able to reset the tv to it's original settings, so it did finally work with the remote. But that isn't something we should have to do upon check in.
Our son is attending 2 camps at the Air Force Academy so we flew out a total of 4 times over the two weeks with a different number of people each time and different agendas, so we stayed at 4 hotels in the area. Country Inn and Suites by the airport in Denever, The Broadmoor in Colorado Springs and the Embassy Suites a few doors down from this hotel. All of them have been great with very helpful staff. I'm not ranking the hotel on its location or amentities but on it's lack of customer service. There is no excuse for poor customer service in the hotel business in my opinion- there are other places that will take our money. Right next to this hotel is a Hampton Inn and the Embassy Suites- we will be staying at one of those next time! As a side note, we booked directly with the hotel and paid 99.00/night. Not impressed. Plus the Embassy has a MUCH better breakfast!
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn Colorado Springs Air Force Academy Hotel Colorado Springs
- Fairfield Inn Colorado Springs Air Force Academy Hotel
- Fairfield Colorado Springs
- Fairfield Inn Colorado Springs
- Colorado Springs Fairfield Inn
- Colorado Springs Fairfield
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly renovated Colorado Springs Fairfield Inn Air Force Academy is the closest Marriott Hotel to the United States Air Force Academy and Falcon Stadium. Chapel Hills Mall, Shops at Briargate, Garden of the Gods, Cave of the Winds, United States Olympic Training Center and Cheyenne Mountain Zoo are just minutes away. As a guest at this Colorado Springs hotel, you will enjoy Marriott's new bedding package with luxurious triple sheeting and pillow top beds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Marriott, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Olotels, Priceline, Agoda, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Fairfield Inn Colorado Springs Air Force Academy reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.