“No problems (almost)” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #37 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Arizona, USA
“No problems (almost)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

Booked this hotel based on the previous reviews and reasonable rates. We were not disappointed. We arrived late (11:30) and the night manager had the key to our room ready and waiting for us. Unfortunately, the room was already occupied and we woke the occupants up trying to get the key to work. Once that was straightened out everthing else was fine. The hotel is easy to get to and the rooms are reasonably quiet even though the hotel is near the freeway. There are several restaurants in the immediate area. The room was clean and well maintained. The rooms are good sized and the beds are very comfortable. Good breakfast with do-it-yourself waffles and everything else for a continental breakfast. Nice wide-screen TVs in the rooms. All in all, a nice stay at a reasonable price.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Dimmitt, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

We booked two rooms with 2 queen bed through the Marriott website. We had no problems with the check-in and were pleased with our room. The rooms and bathrooms were both clean and neat. The location of the hotel was perfect, with close access to the interstate. Within walking distance of the hotel were three restaurants and one convenience store. My two sons and I walked to the Old Chicago restaurant, not once but twice during our stay, and would highly recommend it also! The swimming pool and hot tub were not being used when we arrived, so we enjoyed it very much. Plenty of towels for everyone. They also offered a good breakfast every morning with a good variety. Excellent food, tight quarters when busy. Overall the stay was top notch. We had no problems, so cannot comment on how staff would react to a situation. Would definitely recommend to anyone and will surely stay here when returning.

Room Tip: south rooms have a view of Pikes Peak
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2011

The hotel is very well-kept with wonderful staff and attention to detail. The price is also right and the hotel is next-door to Outback Steakhouse, TGI Fridays and a convenience store. The view of Pike's Peak is also amazing. For both families and individuals, this is a nice, affordable 'home away from home.' The pool also rocks!

Room Tip: Request it when booking.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
sulphur
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2010

Our air conditioner was not cooling in the room. They came up and cleaned the filter and then it started cooling. Then I guess the thermostat was not working because overnight it was getting colder and colder. Went down for breakfast which was not ready when it was suppose to be and they asked if it was still working and we told them the situation. They ended up replacing the whole unit that morning. This hotel is ok but the staff if not the greatest. They did not have a fully stocked breakfast several days we were there. I think you could get a better hotel for the money you spend on this one.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
TharaldsonPropMgmt, Owner at Fairfield Inn Colorado Springs Air Force Academy, responded to this review, November 17, 2010
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize you had a negative experience at our hotel. We value and utilize all our guest feedback to make improvements and create a better stay for our guests. I want to assure you the hotel is aware of the issues and they are being addressed. We hope with our efforts to continuously improve the stay for our guests, you give the Fairfield Inn Colorado Spring Air Force Academy another try next time you stay in the area.
okc
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2010

If you want to ask any questions about anything don't go to the manager ! My family and I were planning on staying three nights but checked out after the first night. While we were eating breakfast I noticed their computer/business area available and decided to log in to my bank to check on something and saw a negative balance. I was shocked to see two different charges totaling $480 from the hotel. I asked why this was charged when I was just told yesterday I wouldn't be charged until check out. They said those are pending charges. I explained that the charges were taken from my availbale balance without me knowing and now 6 things have had overdraft fees ( total $180 in fees). She could not tell me why they charged me in advance for three nights or why they charged another $120 for incidentals (ie: long distnace calls). She told me they would release the hold on those charges in 5-7 days. She was very rude and interrupted me when I tried to tell her what had happened to my bank account...so we checked out and we are waiting for our bank to refund the fees since it was not our fault that we didn't know the charges were being made. I could have given them a different card had I just known. Just FYI my bank said they get 100 disputes like this every day and their recommendation was not to stay at hotels. So I know this is not just this hotel. Prior to staying here we stayed in Canon City, CO at the Hampton Inn and was told they needed a card on file for incidentals but would not be charged anything since we had prepaid for that room with another card. They said it was for phone calls etc...Well they charged me $60 for no reason and then refunded it 2 days later. So I have learned to never give a hotel my bank card, they may empty your account and not tell you.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
TharaldsonPropMgmt, Owner at Fairfield Inn Colorado Springs Air Force Academy, responded to this review, November 18, 2010
Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. I apologize these issues caused you to have a negative experience at our hotel. I want to assure you that guest satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us and these issues have been addressed! We hope with our efforts to improve every stay for our guests, you change your mind and try the Fairfield Inn Colorado Springs Air Force Academy again next time you stay in the area.
Kingwood, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2010

This is a great hotel if you are staying with kids. I requested a pack and play for my baby to sleep in, and they even set it up for me, sheets and all. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Chennai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2010

Fairfield Inn, Colorado Springs - "Worth for peaceful stay"
Date: 1 Jan 2010
We have booked this hotel for our initial stay in Colorado springs before taking the apartment.
Hotel is in pretty good location with view to Pikes peak and some 2 miles drive we can get into more shopping complex.
The front desk is as quiet friendly. After our long 26 hours air travel, when we were taking rest in room, front desk has received our luggages (that was missed in air flight) and bought to our room door.
For this price at this place it is worth for the stay. As usual Mariott groups has its trademark.
We have already recommened some our of friends and they too are planning to stay in coming weeks.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Fairfield Inn Colorado Springs Air Force Academy? Share your experiences!