“Awesome Mountain Views” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #46 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
SW Iowa
“Awesome Mountain Views”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

my family (of 4 this trip) spent two nights at this Holiday Inn Express during a week long family vacation. The views out our window each morning were amazing. The rooms were clean and updated as were all of the common areas. The breakfast was your typical selection however everything was warm (if served warm) fresh and well stocked. The attendant at breakfast was very kind and attentive to the guests needs!!

Although our room with 2 beds did seem a bit tighter than some rooms I have stayed in, I would not hesitate to stay here again or to recommended this hotels to others. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
sharon c, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Colorado Springs Airport, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
famof5iowa,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I agree, the views from our city are amazing and even though I live here, it never gets old! I am so pleased that you had a great stay and yes, we would love to see you the next time you are in Colorado Springs!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Aubrey, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

This is one of the worst HIE I've stayed at.
The hallways were dark, the carpet was old and dingy. The lighting was poor at best. There was a foul smell in the hallway on the 3rd floor. The breakfast is mediocre at best. I wouldn't have booked this place, but it was all that was available.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
sharon c, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Colorado Springs Airport, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
JohnluvsAK,
I'm not sure if we are the property you stayed at. We have just completed a 2 million dollar renovation, all of the rooms, hallways and common areas have brand new carpet. We've painted all of our rooms, bathrooms have been refreshed and we are in the process of adding all new curtains and bedding. However, I am so sorry to hear about your poor stay. Please give me a call so that we can talk, make sure that this was the correct property and see if there is anything we can do to correct this situation.
Sharon Creighton
(719) 591-6000
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

When I arrived room ready and clean well stocked for guests. Had water waiting. Staff absolutely mindful of needs. And made sure we were comfortable. Room very clean. Breakfast met everyone's need. Staff remarkable in helping no matter what was needed. Manager incredibly nice not enough words for the kindness and consideration shown to guests by entire hotel staff and recommend this hotel to everyone visiting this area

Room Tip: Know what your specific needs are
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Peggy H,
Thank you so much for your kind words. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay! I will pass on your comments to our staff and I hope we will see you again in the future.
Cape Coral, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Recently stayed here for four nights while attending a Banquet at another facility. Check in was simple and easy. They have airport pick up you can either prearrange or just call them when you arrive at the airport.
The room was small but well furnished with what you expect in an HI Express.
Fridge, coffee pot, iron etc..
Bed was comfy. Several choices of pillow density.
Breakfast was nothing special but included in the room at no charge. Scrambled Eggs, Sausage gravy and bisquits, Pancakes, cold cereal and some fruit.
We spent most of our time at the Hotel Elegante for our event so not so much at the hotel.
All around a very average experience but acceptable.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Colorado Springs Airport, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Dear kjpglobal,

Thank you for staying and taking the time to post your review. It is good to hear that we were able to provide you with a comfortable room accommodation.

Although we were able to meet some of your expectations, I would have preferred that you had a better stay. Rest assured that your feedback will be used to improve our services so we can provide you with the best hotel experience in the future.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGCare
Topeka, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Having stayed at this hotel before and having a good experience, I did not hesitate to stay again.

Previously, we had a room with a king bed. This trip we had my father-in-law, so we got a room with two queen beds. My wife had foot surgery and was using a knee scooter. While a king room seemed spacious, the two queen bed room seems cramped, especially since she had to use the scooter. I asked about a handicapped room with two queen beds, but was told they do not have such rooms.

The breakfast was the usual standard fair. While not outstanding, it was hot and good enough. LIvia (I think that was her name) was working the breakfast area and although it was packed with people, she kept everything stocked. I have never seen someone working the breakfast area who worked so hard, and was so friendly. I was happy to give her a tip!

The evening and morning desk personnel was friendly and helpful.

I stayed again about two weeks later. Everything was the same, friendly staff, etc. One difference, however, was that in the bathroom of my room, there were two small globs of dried toothpaste from a previous occupant. To my rememberance, this was the only cleanliness issue I encountered in four visits.

I will definitely stay here on my next trip to Colorado Springs.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Alexandria, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

I was checked into a room and it was not what I expected. Hair on the sink and toilet. Gross. The room felt stuffy and didn't smell fresh. It was late and I just wanted to go to bed at this point. The bed was uncomfortable and hard so it wasn't easy to fall asleep. After all the tossing and turning and finally drifting to sleep the loud air conditioner would wake me up. Toss, Turn, Loud A/C all night long. Breakfast was tasteless and the coffee wasn't great either. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Colorado Springs Airport, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
Dear Karen M,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I’m very disappointed to hear about your experience, particularly the room condition. I want to assure you that our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. I would love the opportunity to regain your faith in our hotel and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional detail regarding your stay.

Again, thank you and I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

John O
Case Manager
IHGCare
Kansas City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

I can't review the property, because we didn't stay here. Through a mix-up in communication with other family members, I booked this hotel by mistake. Sharon C. went above and beyond to get us a refund, even though we had booked through an Internet travel sight. I was a bit frantic, but Sharon handled everything with calmness and professionalism. She processed our refund immediately and sent us on our way to be with family.
Sharon, thank you so much. Hope you got the flowers we sent.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Colorado Springs Airport? Share your experiences!