“Nice place but needs better security” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #43 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
San Francisco, California
“Nice place but needs better security”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2007

I like Residence Inns - the breakfast and dinners are a real treat. I recently stayed at this hotel for two nights for work.

My second night there, when I tried to use my key card for my room, it didn't work - I'd accidentally had it by my cell phone and I'm afraid that's what caused it not to work. I'd had a rough day at work and was afraid the day might get even worse because my boss and reserved and paid for the room under his name. I was afraid I'd have difficulty getting a new key when I showed them my ID.

As it happened, when I went up to the front desk, I simply stated that my key didn't work, gave the person working my room number, and he promptly gave me a new key - no questions asked. I was happy that it went so smoothly - followed by concern that he didn't even ask my name. Is this common policy with hotels? With a dead key card, could he still see what room number the card was for? I don't know but it made me uneasy about the security of the hotel.

Stayed July 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2007

I would not hesitate to stay here again! We spent two nights here, while everyone else we knew stayed at the Sheraton just down the road. They all wished they had been at the Residence!

The breakfast was great, we were traveling with a 2 year old, so a hearty breakfast with lots of options was perfect. Full line of hot items (make your own breakfast sandwiches, waffles, oatmeal, biscuits and gravy) along with a good selection of the usual cold items. I liked making yogurt parfaits with granola and fruit provided.

The staff was awesome. When you ask them something they didn't look at you and say "I am not from around here." I asked about a grocery store and she responded "Do you have a preference?" she had directions printed out and verbally described them as well. There are lots of amenities nearby (Target, movie theater, restraurants all a very short walk, Cheyene Mt. Zoo and Garden of the Gods a very short drive). The pool area was clean and well kept as was the entire facility.

Our friends at the Sheraton had fancy folded towels, but they had to pay $30 bucks for continental breakfast. This place is pet friendly, although they do require a deposit. Our room was clean, comfortable (were those feather pillows?) and cozy.

One of the staff even brought my son and I a ball to play with in the pool. Great view of Pikes Peak from the pool! And even though the hotel was busy, we never heard any noise from neighboring rooms or the hallway. Awesome stay! This was the best of 4 places we stayed on our trip!

• Liked — Location, cleanliness, staff, breakfast
  • Disliked — Nothing comes to mind
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2005

We recently stayed at this nice Residence Inn in south Colorado Springs, CO. Adjacent to the hotels are quire a few restaurants (Carraba's - Italian, Outback Steakhouse), also a large Movide theatre, the Colo Springs World Arena. The hotel is clean (rooms and grounds, hallways, pool area). However, it seemed as though several people were coming fromt he Fairfield Inn next door to swim, making the pool crowded. Ahot breakfast was served and was Very good! Eggs, sausage, homemade waffles etc. Nice!! The thing I found troubling was that people were coming in and getting a better walkup rate than those with reservations...I guess thats how the hotel business works? So if you want a good clean room this could be the place.

• Stayed March 2005
Phoenix, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2003

Stayed two nights as a business traveler. The hotel had great amenities including a happy hour w/snacks and a HOT breakfast complete with eggs, waffles, etc. The rooms are huge suites and come with full kitchens, full size appliances, and all necessary equipment/dishes for cooking. I found them to be exceptionally clean and well stocked. The staff was friendly and very helpful. This would be an excellant stop for families - very kid friendly. A bit noisey and busy for the business traveler however.

Been to Residence Inn Colorado Springs South? Share your experiences!