“Kinda nice” 4 of 5 stars

Double Rewards Points!
Ranked #41 of 107 Hotels in Colorado Springs
“Kinda nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

The rooms are nice and clean. Staff pleasant. But if your banking on the free food - ummm might want to think again. Not so classy in that department - one night they had cabbage and it stunk the whole place up. However they did have a nice bowl of candy at the front desk :-)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Tonia M, General Manager at Residence Inn Colorado Springs South, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Thank you for your comments, we appreciate your input so that we can improve any aspect of the hotel that needs attention.
We did cook cabbage on St. Patrick's Day, I am so glad you mentioned it, who new that it would have an unappetizing odor. Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention. Next year we will definitely do something different.
Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stayed at this Residence Inn for nearly 30 days, and it was a great experience from end to end.
The accomodations were very comfortable, including the suite, and overall facilities. Nice gym and even a small indoor pool, provided nice work out options. The staff was awesome - The management was just great. Folks very responsive. Everyone made me feel right at home, and helped out whenever I needed anything. The property was well maintained, and even had a charcoal grill and small fire pit outside when weather cooperated. The housekeeping staff was also great, and kept on top of everything.The kitchens were newly refurbished, and really enjoyed a full kitchen for this long a stay. The location was slso great, as there are two very popular restaurants literally next door, a Target across the street as well as a movie theater about 3-4 minute walk. Close to I-25. Ample parking. There are some nice trails in the area. There is also a small pond with geese nearby, and a large fountain, thus Geyser Drive.
I had a great stay here, and much appreciated the great staff support. It was about as good a home away from home as I can have asked for!! I highly recommend this property!!

Room Tip: I stayed on the top floor, and assume these would be more quiet. I did not use Room Service as sus...
Green Features: There is a small restuarant area for breakfast and early in the week in the early evening, they have snacks, burgers, Bratworst, etc.. It's like a Happy Hour options for guests to mingle and have snacks. This was all complimentary, and very popular.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
I know it is hard to be away from family and friends for a long period of time...so I'm glad to hear we are your home away from home.
I appreciate all the positive comments about our staff and our hotel. We love to hear when we are doing things right!
It's nice to hear that you were able to get out in the area and experience shopping and dining close by.
We look forward to seeing you again. Thanks so much for your comments.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We've stayed at a lot of Residence Inns when we travel. This is not one of our favorites. The staff was nice and facilities were clean. It was just lacking. Sub-par breakfast, happy hour was a pitcher of beer and craft of wine to be shared by all. And no ice unless you make it yourself in your room freezer.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
I apologize that you did enjoy your stay with us. I appreciate your comments so that we can improve upon the areas that you felt were lacking.
I am glad the staff was helpful and your room was clean. I hope that you will try us again and give us another chance to win back your loyalty.
Please feel free to contact me with any additional feedback or questions you may have.
Dublin, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

This is one of the best Residence Inns where we've stayed. It was conveniently located near the interstate and to restaurants. Service staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Room was neat and well-maintained.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Tonia M, General Manager at Residence Inn Colorado Springs South, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
I am so glad you enjoyed our convenient location. I hope you were able to enjoy one of the many restaurants in the area. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience, we appreciate the opportunity to serve you:)
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

I stay at Residence Inns on a regular basis all over the country. I stayed here for 9 weeks; I can honestly say this is one of the best of the bunch! The staff went out of their way to make me feel welcome and addressed all concerns in an reasonable amount of time. The building and grounds are well maintained and appealing to the eye. Breakfast was on par with other hotels I've stayed at. The evening meals, served Monday-Wednesdays, are an added benefit.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I appreciate that you took the time to share your experience at the Residence Inn Colorado Springs South. I will make sure I share your positive comments with our staff. Thank you again, we look forward to serving you in the future.
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

The hotel was convenient to interstate highway and only 20 minutes from the airport. Three top quality eating places right next door and more within a half miles drive. Hotel management and front desk staff was very outgoing and pleasant to talk with. I was originally supposed to stay only 2 weeks, but had to extend my stay for an additional 3 weeks and the front desk staff went out of their way to accomodate my extended stay. I would stay at this location again without hesitation whether for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: Be pleasant to the management and front desk staff and they will work with you on your request.
Green Features: I found that the hotel's staff went out of their way to make sure my stay was a pleasant as possible. When I became extremely sick the first week there, the hold staff ensured I had clean/fresh linen and towels everyday.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
It's so nice to hear you enjoyed your extended stay with us. I am glad you had the opportunity to get to know our staff as well as visit some of the restaurants in the area. I'm happy we met your expectations and hope that we can be your lodging choice again in the near future.
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Stayed here for 6 months because of my job. Staff was the best I have experienced. Breakfast was good and Dinners on Mondays-Wednesdays were great. Mixed it up each week so it wasn't always the same old thing. Great job And I stay in a lot of hotels. Not one complaint I can think of. Except I will be missing all of you guys!

• Stayed April 2014
Tonia M, General Manager at Residence Inn Colorado Springs South, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. I am glad you enjoyed your time with us, we enjoyed having you! Hope you will be back in the area soon, we would love to see you:)