“One of the best...” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #42 of 107 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Jacksonville, Florida
“One of the best...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

I stay at Residence Inns on a regular basis all over the country. I stayed here for 9 weeks; I can honestly say this is one of the best of the bunch! The staff went out of their way to make me feel welcome and addressed all concerns in an reasonable amount of time. The building and grounds are well maintained and appealing to the eye. Breakfast was on par with other hotels I've stayed at. The evening meals, served Monday-Wednesdays, are an added benefit.

• 4 of 5 stars
Tonia M, General Manager at Residence Inn Colorado Springs South, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I appreciate that you took the time to share your experience at the Residence Inn Colorado Springs South. I will make sure I share your positive comments with our staff. Thank you again, we look forward to serving you in the future.

Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

The hotel was convenient to interstate highway and only 20 minutes from the airport. Three top quality eating places right next door and more within a half miles drive. Hotel management and front desk staff was very outgoing and pleasant to talk with. I was originally supposed to stay only 2 weeks, but had to extend my stay for an additional 3 weeks and the front desk staff went out of their way to accomodate my extended stay. I would stay at this location again without hesitation whether for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: Be pleasant to the management and front desk staff and they will work with you on your request.
Green Features: I found that the hotel's staff went out of their way to make sure my stay was a pleasant as possible. When I became extremely sick the first week there, the hold staff ensured I had clean/fresh linen and towels everyday.
    • 5 of 5 stars
It's so nice to hear you enjoyed your extended stay with us. I am glad you had the opportunity to get to know our staff as well as visit some of the restaurants in the area. I'm happy we met your expectations and hope that we can be your lodging choice again in the near future.
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Stayed here for 6 months because of my job. Staff was the best I have experienced. Breakfast was good and Dinners on Mondays-Wednesdays were great. Mixed it up each week so it wasn't always the same old thing. Great job And I stay in a lot of hotels. Not one complaint I can think of. Except I will be missing all of you guys!

• Stayed April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars
Tonia M, General Manager at Residence Inn Colorado Springs South, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. I am glad you enjoyed your time with us, we enjoyed having you! Hope you will be back in the area soon, we would love to see you:)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

We recently stayed for two nights and enjoyed our cozy,clean, quiet hotel room. We have children who stayed with us and loved the breakfast bar. The front desk people were always very helpful and patient. We will definitely make sure to stay again when we have a chance.

• Stayed February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars
Glad to hear you enjoyed our breakfast. It's always nice when one is traveling with children to have a lot of options. Thanks for your review, we hope to be able to serve you again in the near future:)
New Tripoli, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

Staff was excellent during my stay here at Residence Inn. I felt very welcomed and comfortable as soon as I walked in. Very friendly managment and front staff! Its close to the downtown and many great restaurants. My room was very clean, compaired to most places I have visited (and I travel quite often) Breakfast was also why I chose five starts on this rating. The morning staff was very energetic and kept the buffet full and fresh. Thank you for a great stay!

Room Tip: Studio fit perfect for me, not too small nor too big.
    • 5 of 5 stars
I am glad your room was clean and comfortable and your breakfast was enjoyable. We strive hard to make sure we provide an excellent stay for all of our guests. Thank you for taking the time to write your review, we appreciate it. Hope to see you again soon.
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

After making my reservation about four weeks in advance (Gold Marriott Status) and requested top floor on my reservation, when I called the Hotel the afternoon of my arrival to get directions the Clerk informed me that I would need to stay at the Fairfield Inn next door for first night because of a problem with my room. If I had not called ahead they would not have told me until I walked in. Sarah at Fairfield was very nice and helpful.
After hassle of unpacking night of arrival and then packing back up next morning, I then checked into Residence Inn but they still did not have a room for me on top floor and the entire stay was miserable because of the constant noise above our room which started early and continued until late at night. Internet was constantly being disrupted. There appears to be NO insulation between the walls or floors. Twice we asked Front Desk to get the above room to be quieter but they said they went up and didn't hear anything and thought no one was in that room. After two nights, I cut my stay and switched hotels. Hotel Manager did not reduce my rate. Breakfast about same as Fairfield. Lobby was furnished nicely but if you want any rest, insist on top floor or go to the Fairfield Inn next door. They are much nicer.

Room Tip: Insist on top floor. Otherwise because the walls/floor are so thin, you will not be able to rest du...
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank worldtravelerprof
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

We arrived here On February the 6th, 2014. Our check in went smooth. Since our stay here all the Staff have been so helpful with any our our concerns immediately. For instance one day the hair dryer in the room did not work. I came to the front desk & the clerk on duty called the Maintence man & within 10 minutes he was in my room. What had happened is the little circuit breaker on the wall had tripped & he reset it. I would like to Comment on the all the staff here at the Residence Inn. They are very helpful & very courteous. And very freindly. Just like to mention one. Mr. Damon Allen. He works in the morning for the Breakfast wait staff. He is always so Kind & courteous. He is very knowledgeable on his Job. And does very well. He always asks myself how I'm I doing??? How is your day going??? And after I am done eating, he always asks me if their is anything else I would like before he breaks down the Breakfast items. His friendly smile is always a welcome to my Mornings here. We will close on our home on the 28th of March, but will stay here in the Residence Inn until the 3rd of April. I would like to recommend Mr. Damon Allen for some kind of an award for his hard work. He is very Knoweledgeable, friendly & courteous. He always talks to the other Guests also, asks them how their day is going & if he can get anything else for them. He is so Kind to others I would hate to see his excellent mannerisums & his generous help & his Kindness go unnoticed. Our stay has been excellent, & will enjoy coming back again. The food is excellent in the Mornings & in the evenings when they serve dinner here Monday - Wednesday. Thank You very your Kindness Mrs. Patricia E. Miera, room 119.

Room Tip: Our stay on the 1st Floor was most excellent
Green Features: Your stay here at the residence Inn will be an enjoyable one. All the staff here are so friendly & courteous & will help you any time you need assistance
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at the Residence Inn Colorado Springs South. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay and that Damon was so kind to you during your stay. He is one of our shining stars and we are so lucky to have him as one of our associates.
I am glad your stay was excellent and we look forward to serving you again when you return.