“??” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Colorado Springs Airport

Save Saved
You added Days Inn Colorado Springs Airport to your Saves list
Days Inn Colorado Springs Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1780 Aeroplaza Drive, Colorado Springs, CO 80916 (Formerly Americas Best Value Inn Airport)   |
Ranked #65 of 105 hotels in Colorado Springs

96 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Davenport, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Wasn't told air conditioning was going to be out essentially our entire stay. My spouse has a chronic lung condition and requires a cpap, the best management did for us to accommodate was a window fan that wouldn't even stay in the window. Unfriendly staff, very unaccommodating, unwilling to provide room refund. Air conditioning still out next morning for breakfast. Not accommodating at all for my spouses health issues. Beware, poor, poor, service!! And no restitution about this issue and we stayed there over 3 months ago :(. Bad, bad, bad!

Room Tip: Don't choose a room here period!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
super8-07246, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Colorado Springs Airport, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience during your recent stay. I am sorry to hear that you had problem with your AC unit during your stay. I will have our maintenance person check all our AC unit to ensure proper cooling. We do take pride in providing good customer care. I will reassure you that this will be taken seriously . Again , please accept my apology.
The Villages, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This property is just a couple of miles from the airport which makes it very nice for an early morning lift off. As Days Inn's go this is a better than average. The lobby was nicely appointed as were the rooms. The ONLY negative that I could see from the short time we stayed there was that this place has NO elevator. So unless you're packing light, make sure to get room on the first floor.

Room Tip: Stay on the first floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time in writing a review about your recent stay. I am glad to hear that you found our place to be in a convenient location. Our property is less than 2 miles to the airport.
We do provide assistance with luggage if needed. Hope to see you back and please ask front desk for assistance with your luggage. We will be happy to assist you.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I booked this hotel for my family and friends to stay at for my wedding about 5 months in advance. I also booked a room for myself for the night before the wedding and wedding night. I blocked out 10 rooms and was told I could block more as needed and got quoted a rate of $54.99/night. I thought the rooms would be nice because the one we were shown had small refrigerators that would come in handy. When I called to block some more rooms I was told I could not. Then my family got here and were told the had to pay $72/night. When I asked them why they said that is what they had in the computer and the lady I had spoken with was no longer there. The manager Cecy said there was nothing she could do. My aunt checked in the next day and was charged $90/night. When I went to check in Cecy told me that I did not even have a room, that I was suppose to check in 2 days earlier so they gave it away and again there was "nothing she could do". On top of everything if you walked around in the room for even a few minutes your feet turned black, there was only one room with a refrigerator and one room had no remote for the tv. I have NEVER had such a terrible experience or dealt with a customer service based business that completely lacks customer service!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
super8-07246, Manager at Days Inn Colorado Springs Airport, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Thank you for writing a review about your recent experience. All group reservation do have an expiration date as to when a confirmed rate is good. We honor all confirmed reservation. Your confirmed reservation was quoted at a 30% discount during the Labor Day weekend.
Our property doesnt offer fridge in every room as shown in or website. Rooms rates for rooms with fridge is slightly more and must be requested in advance. Please accept my apology for your unpleasant experence.
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

First, it was Labor Day Weekend. We decided at the last minute to come to Colorado Springs. Second, we decided to bring our chihuahua since Colorado is so pet friendly. So shame on us for that; however, that shouldn't mean we get punished for it. Hubby tried many different hotels that were suppose to be pet friendly and they were all booked up until he found this place on line about a week before. When we got there Friday/Saturday night at 12am, the room we booked they said was NOT for pets and the only room left was a smoking room. We don't smoke and HATE the smell, but what ya going to do? Room looked like a dorm room. Broken lampshade, stained smelly carpet, damaged furniture, and plain as you can get. Then on further inspection the floor was not properly vaccumed since our dog kept finding things to chew like a foil wrapper and licking at some tan thing smooched in. Saw small black ants on bathroom floor. The bolt on the top of the door was broken and just hung there. Saturday afternoon we got extra towels since we planned to shower after long day at the zoo. One of the wash cloths literally looked grey. Now here is the two kickers to make us decide to leave Sunday morning instead of Monday losing a whole day of plans. The air conditioning sucked. On high and all the way to cold and it trickled out humid trepid air. Like walking into a sauna. Barely slept. We complained the moment we got in but the only option was that night only we stayed in the original room we were suppose to have but had to move to this room in the morning. Hubby who'd driven 6 hours was too tired plus he had gone to the nearby hotels to see if had rooms. No one did and we even tried Pueblo online. They did seem to have tweaked it the next day (after reasking for it to be fixed) it was colder. We noticed at least 4 or 5 windows of others open around us btw so I don't think our room was the only one. On a scale 1-10 before it was a 2 then it was a 4. We ended up buying a $11 fan and place it on the frig that night and it was WONDERFULL. The second big issue was this pet friendly motel had NO GRASS. Literally some weeds, sand, big pebbles, and an anthill about two feet wide on the premises; but no grass. We couldn't even get our money back for Monday's stay since it had to be canceled by the 29th. Whatever it was worth leaving. I could name a few more but seriously this was awful and I'd turn around and drive another 6 hours in a row if that was my last choice ever again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Colorado Springs, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

10 rooms were booked months ago for a wedding at $64. per night. When out of town guests arrived they were charged $72 to 90 dollars and the hotel would not honor the previous quoted rate and would not give a reason why there were different rates among the block of rooms. When the bride went to check into her room the night before the wedding they had SOLD IT. Manager would only say my computer said you were to check in a day earlier, no apologies and no help. One of out guests walked around their room barefooted and the bottom of their feet were BLACK with dirt. Another room had a non-working TV. Don't complain because the staff is hard to understand and pretends not to understand English when convenient. There are much better hotels in Colorado Springs for similar or lower prices.

Room Tip: book someplace else
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
We are sorry that we are sold out on Labor Day weekend and reservation must be guaranteed with a valid credit card . Again accept my apology for your unpleasant experience

Been to Days Inn Colorado Springs Airport? Share your experiences!