“Very pleasant. Clean and comfy.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #28 of 105 hotels in Colorado Springs
Albuquerque
“Very pleasant. Clean and comfy.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We thoroughly enjoyed our visit here in June of 2013. Skye at check in was most pleasant and gracious. She gave us an excellent room, near the elevator and stairs with a lovely view of downtown Colorado Springs.

Facilities here are excellent. Large, comfortable rooms with delightful beds and bedding. We appreciated the convenience of having multiple power outlets at the base of bedside lamps. We were able to plug in our phones and other devices without problems. Our room had a small patio and sliding glass door.

We ate at the restaurant and enjoyed it!!! Chong, made a delicious, fluffy omelette for me. The rest of the bountiful breakfast buffet was tasty and featured home made Colorado green chili stew. Amazing!! Everyone enjoyed the massive skylight over the restaurant. It felt like we were dining outside!

A couple of small issues: When we first entered the room it sounded like something fell. There was a plastic sign on the door that dropped to the floor as we closed the door. We returned it promptly to the front desk. No one ever came to reinstall it.

On our last day, a very pleasant night's sleep was quite rudely interrupted by an aggressive housekeeper banging on our door at 8am. This was some two hours before our scheduled wake-up call. I said we were still sleeping. I thought that was it. She returned to bang on our door every ten minutes, at one point even trying to enter our room!!! I had to scream at her to leave us along and make a call to management just so I could get a few more minutes of rest. I found her demanding and pushy attitude unacceptable for such a fine hotel. And to enter a room where she knows that people are sleeping??? Downright rude.

The toilet paper holder in the bathroom was poorly installed. There was a considerable gap between the bottom of the two holders and the drywall below. It looked like a rookie installed it. Even I, with my limited skills, would be sure that it actually fit the opening.

The pool area is massive, with part of the pool inside for inclement weather. There was a large hot tub and a well equipped work out room. Lots of weights and exercise bikes. The property is very nice indeed.

We like that everywhere we needed to go was a short ten minute drive from the hotel. And, there was very easy freeway access. We felt safe and secure in the property and with the neighborhood. Lots of shops and restaurants are nearby.

Room Tip: our room was a the north end of the property, near Cheyenne Mt. Road. Some would find the potential...

466 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
columbus, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

you really need to get air conditioning for the rooms ones that actually spit out cold air and make the room comfortable. I had called the service desk and they came to the room and explained how the "air conditioning" in this hotel "works", I asked if I could get a fan and the guy called someone to bring one to my room. I never got it so I stayed pretty warm the two days I was there. Also would be nice if you had mini fridges to keep water cold in the room.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

chicago, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

we were here for a competition, and the stay was excellent! they have delicious cookies that they give out everyday...the food in the restaurant was also excellent....and great value! very clean and efficient, spacious rooms....service was excellent. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone that is visiting the Colorado springs area!

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great stay - friendly staff, comfy room, quiet (courtyard view), good wifi, close to amenities - cooked breakfast could have been a bit better (hardest scrambled eggs I think I've ever had!) but otherwise all was great.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Greg M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Colorado Springs, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for taking time to share your comments about your recent visit at our hotel and Thank your for your business!
Colorado Springs, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Requested an early check-in during booking and again morning of stay for 2pm to have appropriate time to get ready for a wedding, was assured on the phone a room would be ready only to be told it would be another hour when we arrived. Then that night a large scale brawl occurred in the lobby between members of a wedding reception in a conference room. Still saw blood on the wall where the fighting was occurring the next morning. Will NEVER stay at a Doubletree again.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I really appreciate your taking the time to share your disappointment with your recent stay. I want to personally apologize for any problems that may have disrupted your stay. We were sold out last week and although we try to accommodate early check- in's sometimes it does depend on if the rooms are vacant and ready!

The DoubleTree is a safe and secure hotel, Sometimes during social functions such as parties and weddings, people like to have a good time and sometimes a few people start problems. The management and staff of the DoubleTree hotel act very fast and professional when these rare instances occur .Our main goal is to make sure the incident gets resolved as soon as possible and that are guests are taken care of!

Again thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest and I want you to know that your concerns are my concerns, please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.
Colorado Springs, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My 9 year old and myself stayed for 3 nights. After a long flight and getting in just before midnight, we got to our room, went to use the bathroom, and stepped on broken glass. I wiped down the floor myself, went downstairs early in the morning and reported this. All we received was an apology and a promise that they would be in to clean it later. The toilet wouldn't stop running the next night. I was told they would fix it for me, never happened. Coffee maker didn't work either. Very disappointed!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

First let me thank you for taking the time to write a review on your experience at our hotel. I apologize that we did not get one of our team members up to you room to address the problem. We value you as a guest and I want you to know that your concerns are my concerns! Please feel free to contact me so I can personally address this with you!

Greg McKenna
Las Cruces, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My grandson and I stayed here while attending a martial arts event. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room temperature was easy to adjust. We were near an elevator and stairs but heard nothing; it was very quiet and well insulated. The access to any part of the hotel was convenient. The swimming pool was large enough for a good swim. The grounds were beautiful. Several restaurants and other retail businesses were within walking distance. A Target was just across the street. Very easy access to the interstate but was not noisy. I hope we can stay there again next year if we attend the event again.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I truly appreciate you taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us. We always love to hear when guests say they've had a wonderful experience at our hotel.

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Colorado Springs? Share your experiences!