“What to do differently” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 106 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Lacey, United States
“What to do differently”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Overall we had a very nice stay. One thing to be aware of is that not all rooms have refrigerators. In the future we would verify that one was available in the room for us to store items in as we attended and event and could not save left overs from our meals for later. The only other negative was that our bathroom had a moth issue, there were approximately 12 moths infesting the bathroom.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Greg M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Colorado Springs, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a response on your recent stay with us. I do hate the fact you didn't have the best experience with us especially with mouths - I am very sorry about that !, it happens sometimes in the summer when guests leave outside doors open (were working on it). I'm glad the rest of your stay went well and we hope to see you again soon!

Greg McKenna

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Our stay was wonderful. We would definitely stay there again if we were back in Colorado Springs! When you can travel and not hear any complaints from your kids, WIN-WIN! The food was good in the restaurant, plus there are many other restaurants within walking distance. The pool was great! The staff was extremely friendly. Rooms were a great size!!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

WIN WIN I loved your review on your recent stay with us. I Thank you so much for your kind words about your experience here. Our staff truly feel this is their home and want our guests to feel the same way.. We hope to see you again soon.

Greg Mckenna
Greenbrier, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

This is our second experience with Doubletree and I am always impressed. The room was very nice sized, as was the bathroom and the rate was reasonable (2 queens for $110, including taxes and fees). Love the warm cookies upon check-in and we were located near several chain restaurants. There was no free breakfast (restaurant on site but we didn't get the breakfast package) but with the rate we got, we didn't expect breakfast. The pool area was very nice as well.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
I truly appreciate you taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us. We always love to hear when guests say they've had a wonderful experience at our hotel. Please stop in and say hello the next time you visit us!

Peachtree City, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Upon arriving had to wait 30 minutes to check in, only one person was working the desk. The carpet and room decor throughout the hotel looked from the 60s, needs updating. Called for extra bathroom items, took 2 calls and took 20 minutes to get them. Would not stay here again for the price I paid. They are in a great location though, close to Pikes Peak and other attractions.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Greg M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Colorado Springs, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
I really appreciate your taking the time to share your concerns about your recent stay. I want to personally apologize for any problems that may have disrupted your stay. The hotel is an older property but we are always renovating and making upgrades. We just finished renovating the Pool. . We value you as a guest and I want you to know that your concerns are my concerns! Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate out commitment to your comfort. And please feel free to contact me in the future if you have any questions or concerns.

DoubleTree By Hilton Colorado Springs
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

I'm staying in the hotel right now and a man from front desk just threatened me to lock me out of my room! The woman who checked us in three days ago forgot to ask for a credit card and this rude man apparently believes it's my fault! I know a credit card is needed, but being rude to a guest is never an option!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
I really appreciate your taking the time to share your disappointment with your recent stay. I want to personally apologize for any problems that may have disrupted your stay.

We want all our guests to have the best stay possible where everything exceeds their expectations. I am sorry that was not the case during your stay. We do have some summer staff on at the desk but they should have not handled the situation the way they did and if there was a concern a manager should have called you!

Again thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest and I want you to know that your concerns are my concerns please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.

DoubleTree By Hilton
Colorado Springs, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Away from home for almost a month, I wanted a break from the field trip I was on. I was greeted like a long lost friend (I had only stayed there once before). The room, the food the service and the atmosphere were all great. I would do it again any time.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I truly appreciate you taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us. We always love to hear when guests say they've had a wonderful experience at our hotel. Especially when you greeted like a long lost friend.
Longmont, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

We recently stayed overnight at this hotel the night before relocating elsewhere to meet a larger group for a weekend business conference. The location of the hotel makes it easy to arrive as it is right off I-25. From the start it was obvious the staff is guest service focused. Jennifer at check in even offered more cookies for each of my children. The hotel is also close to major shops like Target so if you need something they are just a short hop away. The hotel is a little dated and needs some modernization / renovating but it didn't deter from our stay. Our room was very very clean on our arrival. The pool and hot tub were fantastic - the water temps for both were just right. We ate at the on-site restaurant for buffet breakfast. The food tasted great and the price seemed right. It wasn't cheap but is wasn't expensive either. Overall a great stay and we would come back.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
I appreciate you taking time to write a review on your family's experience at our hotel. We hope we can be your 'home away from home' because that is exactly how we feel about our hotel and we love welcoming guests into it!

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Colorado Springs? Share your experiences!