“I had higher expectations and what we got was just average.” 3 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1775 E Cheyenne Mtn Blvd, Colorado Springs, CO 80906   |
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #28 of 105 hotels in Colorado Springs
“I had higher expectations and what we got was just average.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

Never thought I would have anything but positive things to say about a Doubletree, every one that I have stayed at has been beyond excellent...except this one. My husband and I stayed here one night and unfortunately I am so glad it was only one. We were given a DLX Queen room (has fridge and mic) with courtyard access. When we first walked in we noticed an awful smell, like someone had smoked in the room and then there was an attempt to mask it but the deodorizing didn't work. The fridge was making noise all night long and the air conditioning was having issues keeping the room cool, these two things kept me from being able to sleep peacefully. We stayed in the room by choice because we were so exhausted so obviously it wasn't bad enough to leave, but I also would not have written a negative review if I didn't think it deserved it. The service was good, bed was comfy, but unfortunately the quality of the hotel was poor. I think it needs an update, most likely would not recommend staying here in the future.

• Stayed October 2013
Sherri S, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Colorado Springs, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear ELF0612 - Thank you for the feedback you have given us & taking the time to post a review. We are sorry to learn that we didn't meet your expectations & want you to know that we have shared your comments with all the various departments to help us get better. We do hope that you will give us another chance the next time you are in the Springs. Thanks again.

450 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Colorado Springs, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the Doubletree Hotel. There was nothing that the staff didn't try to do to make your stay a pleasant one. I would stay again and I will recommend the hotel to my friends and family. My best hotel stay in a long time. The rooms were clean, beds very comfortable, the food in the restaurant I have to compliment the chef. I liked the location just off Interstate 25, close to shopping.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear DorisB - We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We really appreciate our customer's feedback & also that you took a few moments to post a review. We hope that we have the priviledge of hosting you again in the future. Thanks again!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

We spent three days here as part of a meeting for which we got a pretty good rate. There is a busy street on one side, which can be noisy; a friend suggested getting the side away from the street (the east). The structure is a capacious pentagon so laid out that from one back corner signs point two different ways for the Lobby and other things. Of the two main elevators, only one goes to the first floor, which is below the Lobby floor. Once you find the Lobby and such fixtures as the large business center, then accommodations are not bad, but some clearer signs and directions would help. Breakfast buffet is not cheap but it's pretty good, and the service is friendly.
The Double Tree properties feature a free welcoming cookie, which is agreeable but less satisfying than what Embassy Suites (another Hilton property) can always offer at a comparable price: free manager's reception every afternoon and a free breakfast to order every morning

Room Tip: For peace & quiet, avoid the west side.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Sherri S, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Colorado Springs, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear BornTooLoose - We appreciate your feedback in the recent review that you posted. Glad you ended up finding your way around the hotel. You are right that it is spread out but will pass your comments along regarding the signage. I do hope we have the pleasure of serving you again the next time you come to the Springs. Thanks again.

Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I have to say that EVERYONE at DoubleTree Colorado Springs was beyond great. We had one hiccup and they more than took care of our issue. Sometimes being able to take care of an issue is as important as not having an issue to begin with. Would stay again!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Sherri S, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Colorado Springs, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear 1SamsGram - Thank you so much for the recent review that you posted about our property. We're so glad to learn that you had an enjoyable stay. You're right, there are hiccups at times but the key is recovery to a customer's satisfaction. So we're glad we accomplished that. I hope we have the pleasure of hosting you again the next time you come to the Springs. Thanks again.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Lots of walking rooms are old but beds are comfortable room was clean and everything worked. Restaurant slow service. lobby bar closed most of our stay sports bar didn't know it was there until the last night. Not great to talk over the day w/ bus. associates but staff was friendly and service was good.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear RichardL - We always appreciate getting our customers feedback so thank you for taking a moment to write a review. We're certainly glad that you found our staff to be friendly & our property to be clean. We work hard at that every day. Thanks again & come back to see us!

Omaha, Nebraska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I just read the last review on how this place is so great. HA A HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! They are definitely having their employees, or SOMEONE, be in charge of social marketing, to write positive reviews about this hotel. I had the displeasure of staying there for 3 days.

The room was OK but they placed me next to a room that was someones "hospitality suite." It was nothing but noise and drinking until about 12AM every night. Of course I did not know this until the night that I checked in and i was all settled in. UGGGGH!

Next was the BAR. It smelled like formaldehyde. But since I have never really smelled formaldehyde I should clarify that it could have been some other type pest spray or mold control. It was overbearing from just walking in. I'm not talking about the small, lobby bar. This was the main bar that seemed like it has seen better days. For kicks, I got the wings. Asked SPECIFICALLY that they be very VERY well done. Request totally IGNORED. I can't be sure it wasn't the relic that was behind the bar for not requesting it, or the cook for not doing it.

The BREAKFAST was terrible. I'm a gold member and I am supposed to get a free breakfast, which they did honor. But what was troubling is that the first day I was told I get the buffet (OKAY, fine) but the next day I was told I get the "menu." I really didn't care which - it was just that the staff [in general] was totally untrained and did not seem to have a freakin' clue. All the days I was there, the "restaurant" was not even moderately busy. The sausages were not even browned and were served "white" as if uncooked (I realize they are probably pre-cooked, but this is still totally gross). The toaster couldn't toast a piece of toast if the fate of the world depended on it. If it did -- it took about 10 minutes to get the damn piece of toast! UGHHHHG!

WHERE DOES IT END????

As a gold member, on the last day, I asked to have a late checkout - 1:00PM. NO CAN DO!!!!! This place doesn't care what the heck level of HHonors that you are. They care about getting you the heck out of there as soon a humanly possible. I told them how I felt but they didn't care. What was important was that they got my money and got me the heck out of there. THAT is the priority at this hotel.

DON'T STAY HERE. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Sherri S, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Colorado Springs, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear Danelronfoot - I must admit, I was very taken aback & disturbed about the recent review of us that you posted. First, let me address the accusation that it must be our employees who post the positive reviews. I can assure you that this isn't the case as it is prohibited plus TripAdvisor strickly monitors such postings. All of our reviews have come from actual customers. Secondly, let me sincerely apologize for your 'dismal' experience as obviously we fell short in several areas in not making your stay an enjoyable one. We truly work hard in delivering superior customer service every day & we shall continue to do so. I also want you to know that I have shared your comments to all the appropriate departments so that we may learn, grow & improve. In closing, we appreciate your feedback & do hope that you will give us another chance one day.

Springfield, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

This was the trip to shop for my daughter's wedding dress, the whole trip was very nice, and returning to the room that was inviting was the icing on the cake. There was karaoke in the bar, which we participated in. The Buffet breakfast in the restaurant was to die for!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Sherri S, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Colorado Springs, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear SusanC - We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay during your recent stay while shopping for a wedding dress. Congratulations & we hope you found the dress of your dreams! We appreciate your kind words & taking the time to post a review. Please come back & see us!

Director of Sales & Marketing

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Colorado Springs? Share your experiences!