“Customer Service is Exceptional” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
3X Points-Triple Rewards!
Ranked #24 of 105 hotels in Colorado Springs
Charlotte, NC
“Customer Service is Exceptional”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

First time to Colorado Springs for business March 20-22. I must say the customer service at this hotel was exceptional from the moment we arrived. Every staff member was friendly and always made sure we had everything we needed. Room was clean and the view of the mountains from our courtyard room was beautiful. This hotel is close enough to walk to restaurants and there is a Target across from the hotel. The cookies at the front desk are devine. Would definately stay here again. Thanks again to the incredible staff that made our stay a wonderful experience. Customer service at its best!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Sherri S, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Colorado Springs, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear iluvtheocean - What a great review you posted on our property! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. All of our team members are exceptional here & they all strive each & every day to deliver superior customer service. This is very important to us because we want to keep your loyalty plus we hope you will recommend us to your friends & colleagues who may travel to Colorado Springs. Thanks again for your feedback & safe travels!

498 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

My husband and I traveled to Colorado Springs over the weekend to visit my son and grandkids. Have been to the area many times before and always stayed at a nearby hotel but chose the Doubletree because of its indoor pool so the grandkids could come swim. First of all, our room was on the opposite side of the hotel from the front desk. The elevator we first tried to use which was fairly close to our room was not working, still not working when we left. Minor inconveniences, but for the room rate, thought it should have been fixed at some point during our stay. Bathroom had a big hairball which was still there when we left. The lighting in the room was awful, really dark. We were a bit disappointed there was not a complimentary breakfast. This hotel is not upscale to me by any means. Also no complimentary coffee in the lobby??? And no USA Today?? Sorry, I'm not into Wall Street Journal.The bed was not the greatest, very soft (old???), I almost fell out of bed a couple times when I rolled over because I just kept rolling. Room service trays in the hall forever. We did not have a luggage rack in our room, called for one and never got it. The pool was good, the kids loved it. We went to the bar a couple times. Had been there before, like the pool tables. The service on Sunday night was awful tho. There were about 15 people in the bar and the bartender was freaking out, couldn't get a drink because he was "too busy and understaffed." How many bartenders do you need for 15 people?? The location is great, right off the interstate, makes it easy to get anywhere, several restaurants and a Target within walking distance. Overall, though, not a great experience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Tom M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Colorado Springs, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback and I apologize for the inconveniences you and your family experienced. I realize that one of our elevators was down and our elevator company has been working in getting the motor repaired. One great thing about the hotel is the fact we have four units but do realize that this issue may have caused you some inconvenience. I appreciate your feedback regarding our rooms as well. We are always looking to improve the guest experience. I have addressed the service issues with our staff and I am glad that the overall experience was a positive one. I truly hope the next time you're in the area you would consider staying with us again.
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

This was one of the finest hotel experiences I've ever had. I am in the hospitality industry, and would say I have pretty high standards. The staff was incredible, I knew all of them by name by the end of my stay, and I felt like I was one of the family. Lisa, the shuttle driver was extremely accommodating, knowledgeable about the city, and a true gem. Joe, at the front desk was top notch, and the entire restaurant staff was friendly, helpful, and I had some good laughs with everyone. I have never stayed at a Doubletree, and I must say this was a great introduction to your product and services. I could not have asked for a better experience! Unlimited cookie service is a dangerous feature, but enjoyed nonetheless :)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Sherri S, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Colorado Springs, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Travelosophers - Thank you so much for the great review that you posted about our property! We really appreciate it & our customer's feedback is so important to us. I will most certainly pass along your comments about Lisa & Joe. As with all our team members, we strive each & every day to deliver superior customer service. Thanks again & I hope we have the pleasure of serving you again in the near future.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I travel here for work every quarter to use the DoubleTree as a hotel to stay in and for event space. The hotel is always clean, well tended and the staff goes above and beyond. Great restaurant inside as well as a fun bar. Highly recommended for business and family occasions.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Sherri S, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Colorado Springs, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Phil P - Thank you so much for taking a few minutes to post a review of our property. So glad to hear that our hotel works well for you during your business travels! Our staff works really hard to provide a superior level of hospitality which you experienced. Thanks again & we look forward to your next trip here. Safe travels!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

The hotel isn't bad. Breakfast is great. The room service trays stay in the hallway for hours after guest place them there. Lobby and rooms are very clean.

The bar is possibly the worst I have ever been to. I went there (Maxis Lounge) on a Sunday evening (about 7:00 pm). I asked the bartender (long dark hair older lady) for a beer ( Belgium 1554) she looked at me like I was stupid. I then told her I would take one of the ones on tap. Just about the entire time I was there, she stared at some drama movie on TV. There was one TV that had a soccer game on in the corner, and the only sound was to her movie she was watching. An older couple walked in and stood at the bar for about 5 minutes. they finally walked away because she was too busy watching TV with her hands on her hips. You would think she would have tried to make it lively. I told her, "Its kinda dead in here" trying to hint to her to liven it up. She said, " ya thats how I like it on a Sunday, last night was too busy for me we had Kareoke". Terrible attitude! Im sure she loses the place hundreds of dollars.

Not a bad hotel, but avoid the lounge.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Tom M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Colorado Springs, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Roger H- Thank you for the positive review for our hotel and the not so great review of our service that we provided to you in our lounge. We do strive to not only meet our guests expectations but to exceed them. We take the comments we read on this site very seriously and will always follow up on them. Please accept our apology for the inconvenience and for disappointing you and I hope you would give us another opportunity in Maxis to earn your business. .
I don't think your experience was typical of the satisfaction that the vast majority of our guests have after a stay with us, and should you choose to give us that last chance feel free to contact me directly!
Thank you once again for posting your review and congratulations on becoming a trip adviser contributor.
Tom Mamalis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

The rooms and the hotel were very clean. Asked for a room with a jetted tub. Payed for a room with a jetted tub. Confirmed with the front desk that the room had a jetted tub. Checked in and arrived at the room with no jetted tub. Other than that was nice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Sherri S, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Colorado Springs, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear Steven O- Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. So sorry to hear that you were disappointed about the jacuzzi tubs. During our renovation last year, those tubs were changed out & unfortunately the change in our content on our website has taken longer than anticipated. We are glad that other than that, you enjoyed your stay. I do hope that we have the pleasure of having you stay with us again in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

From the moment we walked in the doors the staff treated us like kings!! The best customer service I have had in a long time!! Cookies at check in are awesome!!! The room was clean and very big. Breakfast buffet was very good and they changed it up each day. Room service was fast and friendly. Pool was clean and relaxing. We will definitely stay here again!!

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear SurfCityLV - thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of our property. We are so pleased to hear about the great service that you received during your visit. Our staff works hard every day to make sure each & every guest feels our quality of hospitality. I do hope that we have the distinct pleasure of serving you again in the near future. Thanks again!

Sherri Sheeran
Director of Sales & Marketing.

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Colorado Springs? Share your experiences!