This is an exceptional and unique hotel! The design is not what you'd expect. To begin, the lobby, check-in, and main restaurant are all together when you enter the place, and that first floor area is HUGE. Well-lit, well-maintained, and very welcoming. Plenty of areas to meet with friends and family. The meeting rooms that we needed for our event were clean and close by to all those areas, which made it exceptionally easy to conduct meetings.
The sleeping rooms were comfortable and spacious and if you can snag a mountain view room, you'll wake up to magnificent views every morning.
The staff is very on the ball and prompt when it comes to service. Great shuttle service, including transportation to nearby shopping areas and restaurants. The hotel location is just off the Interstate, but the rooms are most definitely quiet. I found that getting around from the hotel to local points of interest was quite easy.
The restaurant, the main lounge (with food service) and the "quiet" lounge were all good, the the main lounge was great for families, singles, relaxing after work on business, or talking a little business--and that's something you don't see very often.
Yes, it's an older hotel, it's been kept up well, and I think it is exceptionally welcoming. The staff is one of the best of the many hotels I've stayed in. Would I stay there again when in Colorado Springs?
In a minute!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Make the DoubleTree by Hilton Colorado Springs your first stop when traveling to Colorado. Our Colorado Springs hotel is just off of I-25 and offers a complimentary shuttle to the Colorado Springs Airport. Walk to the World Arena Event Center just two blocks from the hotel. With scenic Colorado Rocky Mountain views of Pikes Peak and Cheyenne Mountain, our hotel is the perfect place to relax for both business and leisure travelers. Walk into the warm ambiance of our newly renovated Colorado Springs hotel and immediately feel like family as our friendly staff welcomes you with a warm chocolate chip cookie and superior customer service at check-in. During your stay, you can enjoy a convenient, casual breakfast, lunch or dinner in our hotel restaurants, Maxi's Bar and Grille and Atrium Cafe. If you prefer to go out, our ideal location is within walking distance of the restaurants, shopping and a 20-screen theater. Once you return to the hotel from a long day of business or leisure activities, we have plenty of ways to unwind and enjoy yourself. From dancing to a relaxing glass of wine in our new Quiet Wine Bar, heated indoor pool, inviting exterior courtyard, fitness center, and beautiful guest rooms (complete with ultra, high-speed wireless internet access), you're sure to find the perfect setting for your Rocky Mountain getaway. Don't forget to check out our DoubleTree Colorado Springs hotel specials for additional savings. Book one of our packages today, there's one for every budget. Check out all the great activities nearby: • Pikes Peak & the Cog Railway • Cheyenne Mountain Zoo • Seven Falls • Cave of the Winds • Ancient Native American cliff dwellings at Manitou Springs • U.S. Olympic Training Center • "Garden of the Gods" • Royal Gorge You can also enjoy hiking, fishing, horseback riding, golfing, sightseeing, jogging or hot air ballooning in the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and Odigeo so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Colorado Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Colorado Springs
- Colorado Springs Doubletree