“View of the Mountains” 4 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #23 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
“View of the Mountains”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Very nice. Booked ahead and they had everything set up for us. They have an elevator. We had a room on the third floor with a view of the mountains. Nice clean rooms. Breakfast was good in the a.m. Would stay there again when in Colorado Springs.

Room Tip: If you are physically challenged, make sure you ask for the first floor or ask if they have an Eleva...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Joshua L, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn South, responded to this review, July 28, 2014

Joshua Long

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Goodyear, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

We have stayed here for over a month and enjoy the hotel very much. We have not had any problems.
The staff is friendly and prompt at serving you.
Breakfast has a lot of variety and is always fresh and warm. I love that they have a free coffee bar 24 /7..
The House Keeping staff goes above and beyond . They are so friendly and terrific with our little dog Maggie...
The bed comforters are so cozy I want to take mine home..:)
We will definitely be returning in the near future...

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

The staff at this hotel were very friendly and really tried their best to accommodate all of their guests. Our room was very quiet and we had a good stay. I only had two minor complaints. First, we found the room to be warmer than we would have liked. We asked them to look at the air conditioning unit, but I never found it cool enough during the day even though the AC was set as cold as possible. Secondly, the computer in their business center was very slow. Neither of these two issues would prevent me from staying at this hotel again; I would gladly return to this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Stayed for one night (a Tuesday night) and was pleased with the clean room and the fact that our dog was welcome, as well. In a good location to shopping, restaurants, local attractions, etc. I would recommend a rear room as it was very quiet. Got a great night sleep with the comfy bed and pillows. Seriously, a great night sleep. My only complaint was the breakfast. There were multiple things missing and the staff was slow to refill. It wasn't that busy and was frustrating to wait while the staff did something (I'm not sure exactly what) in the kitchen area. I wasn't the only one who was exasperated as there were a few other people asking for simple items to be refilled. Things like cups, plastic ware, etc. Overall, a nice hotel stay, but breakfast could sure be improved.

Room Tip: Ask for room in the rear of hotel
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Joshua L, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn South, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear Guest,

Larned, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The motel was clean. The pool and exercise facilities were up to date and well taken care of. Breakfast was hot and well stocked. House cleaners were friendly, helpful and very professional.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Joshua L, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn South, responded to this review, July 19, 2014

Batesville, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Nice location for attending the zoo. Staff was great. Rooms were very good. The breakfast was delicious. The indoor pool was a hit. Wonderful start to our day! Lots of restaurants in the area. Easy on/off for I 25

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Joshua L, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn South, responded to this review, July 16, 2014

Albuquerque, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

So my husband and I stayed here because we were able to get a discounted rate because of a procedure we were having done. It wasn't worth it. The lobby does look nice but you know they don't clean it when the same Styrofoam cup is in the same spot as the first day you arrived as when you checked out. From there things go way downhill. First off how can you feel safe at a location when one there are signs all over the parking area that say (guest parking only. User assumes all risk) doesn't sound very good does it. To top it off the parking lot is probably not safe considering that there are people out side the front lobby doors and I mean right outside the front lobby doors drinking beer and smoking. The back parking area isn't any better and there were people everyday drinking out by the patio that is off the pool area.
Now for the room. On first quick inspection it wasn't to bad. It was nice and cool and had a nice fridge with a freezer and and microwave. Which is very nice. However, the carpets are old and stained and they obviously do not clean the bathrooms well. There was mold growing on the wall and ceiling in the shower area, which they did clean upon complaint, however it should have never been there in the first place and they did not clean it all up. There was also mold growing in the seems where the tub and surround meet. The morning I went to take a shower and the handle came off in my hand my husband temporarily fixed it just so we could shower. I told the front desk they took a a note and someone came took the old handle and left 2 pieces of a different handle and did not install it. So I call downstairs to complain again and they did come to fix it.
Now for the halls. They are dark with dirty carpet that is bunched up up and could easily cause someone to trip. Breakfast was a joke. The first morning I wasn't able to have it because I wasn't allowed to eat but my husband did and it made him feel crappy for awhile and he said the selection was terrible. The second morning there I said why don't we give it another shot. They had a very poor selection and the eggs so needed salt, but there was no salt. My husband asked about salt and the lady said they ran out.....how do you run out of salt packets. It's called mismanagement. Salt packets normally come in a large box that once it starts getting low maybe you should order more.
We had actually scheduled another stay at this hotel when we scheduled this stay because we will need to be back in that area in a couple of days. When I checked out I told the guy whose name I think is Josh the problems we had and and all he said was sorry. Didn't even try to offer any discount even when I canceled our other reservation with him. All he said was that we will try and and fix the problems and hoped we would give them another chance. I told him that was unlikely and that we already made reservations at another hotel because I am not to be stressed and worrying about my room and if it's going to be clean and safe is not what I need. I also plan on letting the clinic that has a discount with them know the conditions of this place so that maybe they can offer their patients a different option.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at Comfort Inn South.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding the condition of the hotel on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with our Head of Housekeeping Anna Perez, our Chief Engineer Mike Gonzales and our General Manager Marla Lopez. To help ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Colorado Springs.

Kind Regards,
Joshua Long

Been to Comfort Inn South? Share your experiences!