“Night stay for our Zoo trip” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #32 of 107 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Iola, Texas
“Night stay for our Zoo trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Nice location for attending the zoo. Staff was great. Rooms were very good. The breakfast was delicious. The indoor pool was a hit. Wonderful start to our day! Lots of restaurants in the area. Easy on/off for I 25

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Joshua L, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn South, responded to this review, July 16, 2014

Joshua Long

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

So my husband and I stayed here because we were able to get a discounted rate because of a procedure we were having done. It wasn't worth it. The lobby does look nice but you know they don't clean it when the same Styrofoam cup is in the same spot as the first day you arrived as when you checked out. From there things go way downhill. First off how can you feel safe at a location when one there are signs all over the parking area that say (guest parking only. User assumes all risk) doesn't sound very good does it. To top it off the parking lot is probably not safe considering that there are people out side the front lobby doors and I mean right outside the front lobby doors drinking beer and smoking. The back parking area isn't any better and there were people everyday drinking out by the patio that is off the pool area.
Now for the room. On first quick inspection it wasn't to bad. It was nice and cool and had a nice fridge with a freezer and and microwave. Which is very nice. However, the carpets are old and stained and they obviously do not clean the bathrooms well. There was mold growing on the wall and ceiling in the shower area, which they did clean upon complaint, however it should have never been there in the first place and they did not clean it all up. There was also mold growing in the seems where the tub and surround meet. The morning I went to take a shower and the handle came off in my hand my husband temporarily fixed it just so we could shower. I told the front desk they took a a note and someone came took the old handle and left 2 pieces of a different handle and did not install it. So I call downstairs to complain again and they did come to fix it.
Now for the halls. They are dark with dirty carpet that is bunched up up and could easily cause someone to trip. Breakfast was a joke. The first morning I wasn't able to have it because I wasn't allowed to eat but my husband did and it made him feel crappy for awhile and he said the selection was terrible. The second morning there I said why don't we give it another shot. They had a very poor selection and the eggs so needed salt, but there was no salt. My husband asked about salt and the lady said they ran out.....how do you run out of salt packets. It's called mismanagement. Salt packets normally come in a large box that once it starts getting low maybe you should order more.
We had actually scheduled another stay at this hotel when we scheduled this stay because we will need to be back in that area in a couple of days. When I checked out I told the guy whose name I think is Josh the problems we had and and all he said was sorry. Didn't even try to offer any discount even when I canceled our other reservation with him. All he said was that we will try and and fix the problems and hoped we would give them another chance. I told him that was unlikely and that we already made reservations at another hotel because I am not to be stressed and worrying about my room and if it's going to be clean and safe is not what I need. I also plan on letting the clinic that has a discount with them know the conditions of this place so that maybe they can offer their patients a different option.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at Comfort Inn South.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding the condition of the hotel on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with our Head of Housekeeping Anna Perez, our Chief Engineer Mike Gonzales and our General Manager Marla Lopez. To help ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Colorado Springs.

Kind Regards,
Southaven, Mississippi, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Made reservations for this hotel about a month and a half in advance. Reserved the two QUEEN beds room. I called the hotel and told them that I would be a late arrival since we were driving down from Denver after our flight. After we arrived in Denver I called the hotel again and told them we were on our way. The curteous lady at the counter said that they were looking forward to our arrival. We had no problem getting to the hotel. Just off Circle drive and there was a Carl's Jr and Village Inn restaurant and even a 7-11 right there at the hotel.

Well we checked in and got our keys to room 315. Up the lift we go ready for a good nights sleep after a long day of traveling. Opened the door, looked in and said - no way. This room was a king size bed with a couch. Well down the stairs we go. I showed the lady at the counter my printed out confirmation for 2 queen beds and she was so sorry that somehow my reservation had gotten changed. I told her that I understood that there wasn't anything she could do about it a 11 o'clock at night but that I didn't want to have to pay for the room since it was not what I reserved. She got the hotel manager Joshua on the phone and explained the situation to him. He got on the phone with me and assured me that they would move us to our proper room the next night and give us the first night of our three night stay for free. Satisfied with that I went on to have a miserable night sleeping on the pull out couch.

However, the next morning I met Joshua at breakfast and he was so apologetic. He told us to just get our things packed and leave them on the bed and they would move them to our new room as soon as they got one cleaned. Told me to stop by the counter after our day out and he would give us our new keys. He lived up to his promise and did exactly that.

The next two night were wonderful. Great beds, super comfortable and cool. I recommend staying on the back side of the hotel where there is less city light coming throught he window. The indoor pool is awesome - little noisy but great hot tub too.

I hightly recommend the hotel to anyone. It was a great room for a great rate. If you do go tell Joshua and Will and Daniel all that I said hi.

Room Tip: Back side has less city lights coming in the windows. Don't stay on the ground floor by the poo...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Joshua L, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn South, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear Guest,

Kind Regards,
Pawnee, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

The hotel was situated in an area that was easy to drive to. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The staff was very accommodating to us when we arrived. Dining areas were close and easy to get to. Breakfast at the motel was good and very well stocked. The one and only drawback to the motel was the parking ~ there was not much room to get luggage out once you are parked. Other than that, the stay was great!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Springfield, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

This hotel seemed to be undergoing a remodel as the lobby area was seemed to be fairly new and new updated while the rest of the hotel was showing some age. The rooms were clean and location can't be beat. And the staff are wonderful with sharing tips on local dining and making sure you are happy. One complaint though, our room had only two outlets both located away from the nightstand and when you are trying to charge two cells phones and an Ipad, it can be a challenge finding those outlets.

Weatherford, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

the room was clean and the breakfast was great. we enjoyed our stay and would stay here again. it was in a good location since we were visiting Pike's Peak and the Garden of the Gods. Being right behind a Carl's Jr and 7-11 made it convenient for when we would get back late and needed some easy snacks or food. Also was within walking distance of Village Inn

the only bad thing was the hallways were dark and could use some better lighting.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Stayed here for eight nights. Beds and pillows very comfortable, breakfast was good with usual Comfort Inn food. Waffles, egg omelettes, hard boiled eggs, oatmeal, sausage or bacon, cereals, muffins, doughnuts and yogurt. Staff were very friendly especially Will at the front desk. Will made this place feel like a home away from home. He was very helpful with directions etc. It was very close to all the destinations you wanted to visit. Great place to stay for the price.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Joshua L, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn South, responded to this review, July 11, 2014