Made reservations for this hotel about a month and a half in advance. Reserved the two QUEEN beds room. I called the hotel and told them that I would be a late arrival since we were driving down from Denver after our flight. After we arrived in Denver I called the hotel again and told them we were on our way. The curteous lady at the counter said that they were looking forward to our arrival. We had no problem getting to the hotel. Just off Circle drive and there was a Carl's Jr and Village Inn restaurant and even a 7-11 right there at the hotel.
Well we checked in and got our keys to room 315. Up the lift we go ready for a good nights sleep after a long day of traveling. Opened the door, looked in and said - no way. This room was a king size bed with a couch. Well down the stairs we go. I showed the lady at the counter my printed out confirmation for 2 queen beds and she was so sorry that somehow my reservation had gotten changed. I told her that I understood that there wasn't anything she could do about it a 11 o'clock at night but that I didn't want to have to pay for the room since it was not what I reserved. She got the hotel manager Joshua on the phone and explained the situation to him. He got on the phone with me and assured me that they would move us to our proper room the next night and give us the first night of our three night stay for free. Satisfied with that I went on to have a miserable night sleeping on the pull out couch.
However, the next morning I met Joshua at breakfast and he was so apologetic. He told us to just get our things packed and leave them on the bed and they would move them to our new room as soon as they got one cleaned. Told me to stop by the counter after our day out and he would give us our new keys. He lived up to his promise and did exactly that.
The next two night were wonderful. Great beds, super comfortable and cool. I recommend staying on the back side of the hotel where there is less city light coming throught he window. The indoor pool is awesome - little noisy but great hot tub too.
I hightly recommend the hotel to anyone. It was a great room for a great rate. If you do go tell Joshua and Will and Daniel all that I said hi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the newly-remodeled Comfort INN South, the perfect hotel for the leisure and business traveler. Conveniently located off I-25, we're just minutes from popular area attractions, such as the World Arena, Seven Falls, Pikes Peak, Ft. Carson and downtown Colorado Springs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Choice Hotels, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Comfort Inn South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn South Hotel Colorado Springs
- Comfort Inn Colorado Springs
- Colorado Springs Comfort Inn