“Very friendly, great service!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #20 of 106 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Falls Church, Virginia
“Very friendly, great service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I had a 24 hr work trip to Colorado Springs and the hotels downtown were sold out or had no government rates available. I researched TripAdvisor for other good options and landed on Comfort Inn based on previous reviews and the breakfast bonus. It turned out to be a good pick. The place seems to be relatively new with very clean bathroom (bathtub/shower were very clean/new and did not seem aged/mildewy). The door sort of wedged and made a little bit of noise opening and closing (maybe humidity?) but aside from feeling like I was disturbing my neighbors because I kept forgetting things in the car etc after my later check-in), the room was great and I slept very well. It's also right next to interstate for easy access.

The staff were super friendly and helpful. I forgot my toothpaste and the front desk got me some extras right away. Breakfast is a small arrangement and you gotta get in quick to nab a make your own belgian waffle spot - there is even a blueberry batter option which I would have loved but was short on time. Eggs were sort of an individual scramble/patty as expected if there is no grill in back. They also had bagels, toast, cereals, fruit and yogurt options.

Printer wasn't working at the time I checked out but I was given the option to get the receipt emailed to me. General manager followed up with the email receipt once I got home and emailed them about it when I didn't see it come through.

The facility is as expected for a Comfort Inn but the service was super friendly and helpful and the establishment clean and nice. There is only one elevator but I found it was easier/faster for me to take the stairs from the 3rd/top floor to the parking lot etc until checkout with my suitcase. I didn't make it to the pool but saw a family there coming in for the night and they looked happy. Lots of folks with their dogs walking around the premises and seemed happy as well.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Joshua L, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn South, responded to this review, July 5, 2014

Joshua long

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

We called and booked 3 rooms for the price. Asked for close rooms; told they would be at least side by side or across the hall from each other. Walking in it seemed fine. Then only one of 3 rooms was ready (check in is 3pm, we arrived at 2pm, so no bug deal). We checked in, took the kids to the available room and dressed them for the pool. At 3:30 we were finally told the other 2 rooms were ready. Found the 2 rooms side by side (near the elevator), but the 1st room we had already checked into was at the end of the hall by the stairs. When my mom and I inquired about changing the room, the clerk told us no, he had nothing. However, when my father and brother went and asked, he was able to move the room much closer. I feel the clerk was being discriminatory towards my mother and I as he wouldn't even check for a closer room. Housekeeping never had the rooms cleaned by 3pm check in time (we were always dodging carts on the 3rd floor after 3). And breakfast was a cluster of chaos and never enough food. Free high speed Internet was non existant as well. Even going down to the lobby didn't help. We will never stay here again. I'll pay the extra $ and stay at the Hampton Inn across the street.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Genneteil, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

...after travelling for 10 days at a different hotel each night. It was a pleasure to stay put! Comfort inns definitely seem to be higher up the scale of similarly priced hotels for service, breakfasts and all you could reasonably need being easily available.
The indoor swimming pool was pleasant and I loved the hot tub ( although it was a few degrees too hot to be able to stay in for too long).
Breakfast was lovely with plenty of choice- fruit, yoghurt, plenty of breads and pastries, cereals etc. could do a little better on the choice of hot food but it didn't matter to me as I ate lightly.
It seemed that coffee was available all day...and drinkable too!

Room Tip: Lifts available, unlike some, so I don't think it really matters.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Joshua long
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

We have been coming to Colorado every year, at least once a year, for 7 years now and we stay in this hotel in Colorado Springs every time. Last year one of the staff was rude and I swore we wouldn't come back but we stayed there this year anyway and everyone was friendly and helpful like it always was. The same person who was rude the last time was there but on a different shift and we didn't have to deal with her. We chalked it up to everyone has a bad day and moved on. Love staying here and will do so again!

• Stayed June 2014
Joshua L, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn South, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
Dear Guest,

Kind Regards,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Stayed here for a competition for the Pikes Peak Celtic Festival. This hotel was quiet and comfortable with a staff that was very knowledgeable of the area restaurants. I will most definatly stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

spent 3 days in this hotel and i have absolutely nothing bad to say about
this property.location, services, furnishings, appearance and everything
was above par
would definitely stay here again.
well worth the price.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Joshua L, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn South, responded to this review, June 25, 2014

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Had an overnight with the grand-girls in Colorado Springs to visit the North Pole one day and the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo the next. This hotel was perfectly situated for both places.

Front desk staff was very polite and helpful. Room was standard size, but very clean and well appointed. Girls loved the indoor pool and hot tub. Breakfast was enjoyed by all of us. We had a Play and Stay package that included zoo tickets and it was a real bargain!

If we do this excursion again, we will definitely stay at the Comfort Inn South.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Joshua Long

Been to Comfort Inn South? Share your experiences!