I had a 24 hr work trip to Colorado Springs and the hotels downtown were sold out or had no government rates available. I researched TripAdvisor for other good options and landed on Comfort Inn based on previous reviews and the breakfast bonus. It turned out to be a good pick. The place seems to be relatively new with very clean bathroom (bathtub/shower were very clean/new and did not seem aged/mildewy). The door sort of wedged and made a little bit of noise opening and closing (maybe humidity?) but aside from feeling like I was disturbing my neighbors because I kept forgetting things in the car etc after my later check-in), the room was great and I slept very well. It's also right next to interstate for easy access.
The staff were super friendly and helpful. I forgot my toothpaste and the front desk got me some extras right away. Breakfast is a small arrangement and you gotta get in quick to nab a make your own belgian waffle spot - there is even a blueberry batter option which I would have loved but was short on time. Eggs were sort of an individual scramble/patty as expected if there is no grill in back. They also had bagels, toast, cereals, fruit and yogurt options.
Printer wasn't working at the time I checked out but I was given the option to get the receipt emailed to me. General manager followed up with the email receipt once I got home and emailed them about it when I didn't see it come through.
The facility is as expected for a Comfort Inn but the service was super friendly and helpful and the establishment clean and nice. There is only one elevator but I found it was easier/faster for me to take the stairs from the 3rd/top floor to the parking lot etc until checkout with my suitcase. I didn't make it to the pool but saw a family there coming in for the night and they looked happy. Lots of folks with their dogs walking around the premises and seemed happy as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the newly-remodeled Comfort INN South, the perfect hotel for the leisure and business traveler. Conveniently located off I-25, we're just minutes from popular area attractions, such as the World Arena, Seven Falls, Pikes Peak, Ft. Carson and downtown Colorado Springs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, EasyToBook, Choice Hotels, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Comfort Inn South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn South Hotel Colorado Springs
- Comfort Inn Colorado Springs
- Colorado Springs Comfort Inn