“Rooms Are Cheap, Weird Smells Are Free” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #81 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
“Rooms Are Cheap, Weird Smells Are Free”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I didn't set my expectations high based on the price, but cleanliness is always expected. The sheets are covered with someone else's hair. The TV didn't work. The towels are stained and threadbare... Or missing altogether after housekeeping "cleaned" the room. Cleaning the room must mean not making the bed, vacuuming with a machine so saturated in animal urine that it leaves the smell in the room hours later. The door lock is broken, pool out of order, coffee pot dirty, bathroom sink barely drains, hair dryer unsafe for use, sidewalks covered in ice. The "free breakfast" consisted of dry cereal, milk watered down with melted ice, bread and butter or a broken waffle iron. I would pay an extra $20 a night to pay to have the carpet shampooed sometime this decade. One night in this hotel was enough to convince me never to stay with this hotel chain ever again.

Stayed March 2015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I stayed one weekend night at the end of a business trip. Everything was old and worn but both common areas & room were very clean (I'm the type that checks the mattress for bedbugs and inspects the room before I even open my suitcase). All the staff I met were friendly and helpful. I checked in a couple hours early & the woman at the front desk not only knew my room still needed towels but brought them up to me right away.

Tons of dogs were staying there so if you don't like animals be aware that you could be seeing and hearing them a lot (though pretty quiet during the night for my stay). The important thing is I didn't smell them.

Could definitely use some remodels/upgrades but a good value for the money.

Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
montrose
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

It took 20 mins to get anyone to check mr in. Then they told me25.00 if I smoke in the room yet the whole hotel smelled like pot. The carpets were totally stained and gross. There was a snow storm and no rugs in front of the for so my son slipped when he came in. I will not stay there again. Some druggy came into my room and "hung out" for 20 Mins. He lived there. just checking us out. The toilet was clogged and they had us come down and get the plunger. We plunged the toilet

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was extremely impressed with the quality of the hotel for the price. All the staff were very nice, understanding, helpful, and very polite. My experience with this hotel was very good and if I visit Colorado Springs again I will be staying here. The front desk person for the morning shift was very very helpful and so sweet and went out of her way to help me. My son and myself were very pleased with everything. The evening person was also helpful and polite. I went to bed around 9:30pm so I never met the overnight person.
Lyndye Pierce

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Reno
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Run down, abused, dirty, threadbare and smelling of cigarettes. Not attractive in a person, less so in a place you are staying. We booked a deal including a car and hotel to our trip to the 'Springs. We didn't know how much we were paying as part of the package, but it was too much. To keep it factual: trash piled up in receptacles in the parking lot, dirty carpeting throughout, including our room, sketchy people hanging around, trash in halls. Our room smelled of cigarettes, despite no smoking signs everywhere. Lights switches didn't work, nor did the hair dryer. Sheets questionable. Positives: The TV worked and room would be a major upgrade for a homeless person. We checked out after one night and Expedia refunded our unused three nights and booked us into Holiday Inn Express, which was wonderful!

Room Tip: If you had to choose, pick a room away from the freeway. Like way, way away from the freeway, at ano...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here before with no problems, but got a horrible room this time with hard hard bed and heater that wouldn't regulated well. Hotel was full and could not get a different room. Bed was also dirty.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Ames, Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have stayed at the Travelodge an a low budget with my wife and later with a group of students. The price for the night is very economic and is close to some of the most important attractions in Colorado Springs. However, the breakfast is very, very, bad and not good for hungry travelers because the boiled eggs are super cold, they have only one machine for waffles, the coffee taste is horrible, and they seem to forget to refill the breakfast bar. The facilities of the hotel are not the best because it smells like a dirty hotel. They are signs everywhere saying do not smoke but people smoke anyway. We saw one of the lower rooms full of people from the street smoking like chimneys inside their rooms. The place is also surrounded by homeless people that seem to congregate there to smoke, have breakfast, and continue their day walking around town. Do not get me wrong because this hotel has a lot of potential if the breakfast is enhanced, the facilities are cleaned, the landscape is adorned with more plants, and if they do not allow people to smoke. By the way, the pool smells like bleach so hard that you can breath it all the way to the second floor. Definitely, this hotels needs some additional love and dedication to make it a marvelous place in the area.

Room Tip: I would ask for the rooms on the second floor away from the pool entrance stairs.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Travelodge Colorado Springs? Share your experiences!