I should've read the reviews here on tripadvisor before booking a room at this motel. Expedia gave it a decent rating and I was looking for a good deal close to attractions: zoo, cog railway, Cave of the Winds, etc. At $78/night, this place didn't sound so bad. We should've walked away the moment we saw the front desk and front desk staff. Messy front office, dirty counters, carpets (food crumbs everywhere) and the general appearance was sub-par. Nevertheless, I gave them the benefit of the doubt and we checked in and received our room key. We parked at the back of the hotel since our room was on the backside. The door leading into the building was unlocked, not a good sign. The carpets and walls in the "foyer" area were filthy dirty and scarred up. The hallways were dirty and smelled like must/mold/sweat. We opened the door to our room and were greeted, once again, by dirty (food crumbs, etc) and worn carpet and bedsheets with stains on them. Upon inspecting the bathroom, we found hair in the tub, on the walls outside of the tub and in the sink. The counter that the sink was on was broken and barely hanging on. The furniture in the room was old, worn and scratched up, badly. When we went down to complain, the manager said, "That room was just cleaned, what was wrong?" I replied that if this was how they cleaned their rooms, I for sure wasn't staying and demanded a refund. Since we booked through Expedia, I called them up and was promptly issued a refund. I returned the key to the front desk and informed them that we would not be staying and that I would be leaving negative feedback. Another couple, who were checking in as we were leaving, heard the conversation, and also said they would be leaving and getting a refund. I want to say, I did not have high expectations for this motel due to the price, but it could have at least been clean!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recently Renovated in 2011Newly Remodeled, Close To Manitou Springs, Garden of the Gods and Seven FallsGet high on adventure on your Rocky Mountain getaway at Travelodge Colorado Springs hotel. Only a few miles from world-famous natural attractions, our Colorado Springs hotel near Seven Falls is the perfect spot to reach exciting hotspots like Manitou Springs, Garden of the Gods and Cave of the Winds in just minutes. All of our non-smoking rooms come equipped with a microwave and refrigerator for your convenience. Before heading out on adventure, kick your day into gear with free Bear and Bites continental breakfast, then catch up on email using free Wi-Fi Internet access. Plunge into our heated outdoor pool or work up a sweat in our fitness center before dinner. Handicapped-accessible rooms and Jacuzzi suites are available at our pet-friendly Colorado Springs hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Wyndham, Hotels.com, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Travelodge Colorado Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Colorado Springs Hotel Colorado Springs
- Travel Lodge Colorado Springs
- Colorado Springs Travelodge
- Colorado Springs Travel Lodge