“Clean and friendly” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #83 of 106 Hotels in Colorado Springs
New Delhi, India
“Clean and friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Clean and friendly and recommendable for one or two Nights. During our Trip in that Area, we spend there on Night and can say, that it was all normal and clean there. Reception Employee was friendly and did make a fast Service at CheckIn. Little bit basic Interiour, but just for sleeping there, it is recommendable. There was also Breakfast Service available, but we did not make use of it, due our early Departure.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Lethbridge, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

If I estimate correctly, this was my fourth stay at the Travelodge Colorado Springs. I usually stay there when attending an annual conference held in March in downtown Colorado Springs, but this time I stayed in June with my younger brother, as we drove south to do a road trip on Route 66. Although the cost of summer accommodation is higher than during the off-season, I still found the Travelodge to be a bargain: we stayed for less than $100. It's hard to find a place this clean and comfortable for a comparable price.

Once again, what impressed me about this hotel was its customer service. Before arriving in Colorado Springs, I had flown in to Denver from Lethbridge, Alberta, by way of Calgary and Vancouver. Along the way, my luggage was delayed: I feared that it would never reach Colorado Springs before my brother and I started our Route 66 trip. The desk clerk, Amber, provided me with some of my missing items (toothbrush, toothpaste) and offered me use of the hotel's desk phone to contact the airline's Customer Service agent.

Even after our 11:00 check-out the next day, the morning desk clerk said that they would hold my luggage if the airline happened to deliver it while my brother and I were out visiting Manitou Springs. We returned at 5 p.m., 6 hours after check-out, to discover that my luggage had arrived. The evening clerk had been informed of my situation, and she cheerfully produced my luggage, which she had stored in a secure area.

My point for relating this lengthy anecdote is this: I've never received better customer service, even in a larger, more expensive hotel. Some reviewers comment that the rooms are small and outdated, or they complain about the drabness of the neighborhood. My response is that the rooms are clean and simple and serve their purpose, and the shopping district of Old Colorado City (a couple of blocks away) offers plenty of attractions. As I've said before, this little hotel and its fine staff will go the extra mile for you. They proved it once again on this trip! Thank you, Amber, and thank you to all the staff at the Travelodge Colorado Springs!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Athens
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

All the sights just a short drive away. Cave of the winds, Garden of the Gods, Pikes Peak. Very friendly staff, huge room, good shower, economical.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Tryon, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

The staff was helpful and courteous; the facilities were acceptable for an older motel, but the sound from room above, next door, and parties in parking lot was very loud. The air conditioning unit in room turned on and off in very frequent cycles making loud thumping noises when restarting--loud enough to disturb sleep

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Been to Travelodge Colorado Springs? Share your experiences!