“The Travelodge Comes Through Again!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #84 of 105 hotels in Colorado Springs
Lethbridge, Canada
“The Travelodge Comes Through Again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

If I estimate correctly, this was my fourth stay at the Travelodge Colorado Springs. I usually stay there when attending an annual conference held in March in downtown Colorado Springs, but this time I stayed in June with my younger brother, as we drove south to do a road trip on Route 66. Although the cost of summer accommodation is higher than during the off-season, I still found the Travelodge to be a bargain: we stayed for less than $100. It's hard to find a place this clean and comfortable for a comparable price.

Once again, what impressed me about this hotel was its customer service. Before arriving in Colorado Springs, I had flown in to Denver from Lethbridge, Alberta, by way of Calgary and Vancouver. Along the way, my luggage was delayed: I feared that it would never reach Colorado Springs before my brother and I started our Route 66 trip. The desk clerk, Amber, provided me with some of my missing items (toothbrush, toothpaste) and offered me use of the hotel's desk phone to contact the airline's Customer Service agent.

Even after our 11:00 check-out the next day, the morning desk clerk said that they would hold my luggage if the airline happened to deliver it while my brother and I were out visiting Manitou Springs. We returned at 5 p.m., 6 hours after check-out, to discover that my luggage had arrived. The evening clerk had been informed of my situation, and she cheerfully produced my luggage, which she had stored in a secure area.

My point for relating this lengthy anecdote is this: I've never received better customer service, even in a larger, more expensive hotel. Some reviewers comment that the rooms are small and outdated, or they complain about the drabness of the neighborhood. My response is that the rooms are clean and simple and serve their purpose, and the shopping district of Old Colorado City (a couple of blocks away) offers plenty of attractions. As I've said before, this little hotel and its fine staff will go the extra mile for you. They proved it once again on this trip! Thank you, Amber, and thank you to all the staff at the Travelodge Colorado Springs!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

480 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Athens
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

All the sights just a short drive away. Cave of the winds, Garden of the Gods, Pikes Peak. Very friendly staff, huge room, good shower, economical.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Tryon, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

The staff was helpful and courteous; the facilities were acceptable for an older motel, but the sound from room above, next door, and parties in parking lot was very loud. The air conditioning unit in room turned on and off in very frequent cycles making loud thumping noises when restarting--loud enough to disturb sleep

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Strong City, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I was a bit disappointed with the outside appearance of the hotel. It was dated and the inside was dated as well but as far as location to all the tourists spots- you couldn't beat it. It is very close to cave of the winds, seven falls, garden of the gods, and pikes peak. We were 2 blocks from downtown old Colorado city and actually walked down there to shop. It was a very short distance to downtown Manitou springs as well. The front desk was very helpful and friendly. Breakfast was a typical continental breakfast. We didn't use the pool but the area looked clean. The beds were very comfortable and housekeeping did a nice job each day. Overall, it may have been a bit overpriced for the age of the hotel but you can't beat the convenience to the sights.

Room Tip: We were on the back side of the hotel and it was very quiet.