If I estimate correctly, this was my fourth stay at the Travelodge Colorado Springs. I usually stay there when attending an annual conference held in March in downtown Colorado Springs, but this time I stayed in June with my younger brother, as we drove south to do a road trip on Route 66. Although the cost of summer accommodation is higher than during the off-season, I still found the Travelodge to be a bargain: we stayed for less than $100. It's hard to find a place this clean and comfortable for a comparable price.
Once again, what impressed me about this hotel was its customer service. Before arriving in Colorado Springs, I had flown in to Denver from Lethbridge, Alberta, by way of Calgary and Vancouver. Along the way, my luggage was delayed: I feared that it would never reach Colorado Springs before my brother and I started our Route 66 trip. The desk clerk, Amber, provided me with some of my missing items (toothbrush, toothpaste) and offered me use of the hotel's desk phone to contact the airline's Customer Service agent.
Even after our 11:00 check-out the next day, the morning desk clerk said that they would hold my luggage if the airline happened to deliver it while my brother and I were out visiting Manitou Springs. We returned at 5 p.m., 6 hours after check-out, to discover that my luggage had arrived. The evening clerk had been informed of my situation, and she cheerfully produced my luggage, which she had stored in a secure area.
My point for relating this lengthy anecdote is this: I've never received better customer service, even in a larger, more expensive hotel. Some reviewers comment that the rooms are small and outdated, or they complain about the drabness of the neighborhood. My response is that the rooms are clean and simple and serve their purpose, and the shopping district of Old Colorado City (a couple of blocks away) offers plenty of attractions. As I've said before, this little hotel and its fine staff will go the extra mile for you. They proved it once again on this trip! Thank you, Amber, and thank you to all the staff at the Travelodge Colorado Springs!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recently Renovated in 2011Newly Remodeled, Close To Manitou Springs, Garden of the Gods and Seven FallsGet high on adventure on your Rocky Mountain getaway at Travelodge Colorado Springs hotel. Only a few miles from world-famous natural attractions, our Colorado Springs hotel near Seven Falls is the perfect spot to reach exciting hotspots like Manitou Springs, Garden of the Gods and Cave of the Winds in just minutes. All of our non-smoking rooms come equipped with a microwave and refrigerator for your convenience. Before heading out on adventure, kick your day into gear with free Bear and Bites continental breakfast, then catch up on email using free Wi-Fi Internet access. Plunge into our heated outdoor pool or work up a sweat in our fitness center before dinner. Handicapped-accessible rooms and Jacuzzi suites are available at our pet-friendly Colorado Springs hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Wyndham, Hotels.com, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Travelodge Colorado Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Colorado Springs Hotel Colorado Springs
- Travel Lodge Colorado Springs
- Colorado Springs Travelodge
- Colorado Springs Travel Lodge