“Stayed Twice, and Looking Forward to Staying Again!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #83 of 105 hotels in Colorado Springs
Lethbridge, Canada
“Stayed Twice, and Looking Forward to Staying Again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

Every good review you've read about this place is true. I booked here two years ago, after reading the reviews on TripAdvisor. I couldn't believe the fantastic rate for this hotel (around $45 a night!), and the staff were extremely friendly and knowledgable. On top of that, they were eager to please. When I asked the desk clerk about how to take city transit to Manitou Springs, the head housekeeper overheard my request and downloaded a map for me, along with a bus schedule! I discovered a funky old neighbourhood, Old Colorado City, located just a few blocks to the east. The location of this Travelodge, as well as its superior service and remarkable price, made me all the more determined to return there in the future.

This past March, I made good on my determination and booked at the Travelodge for a return stay. I was able to show my wife around Colorado Springs, Old Colorado City, and Manitou Springs. She, too, was impressed by the service at the Travelodge, and she was especially grateful to the evening desk clerk who made us a fresh pot of coffee after our late-night arrival!

This is definitely the "little hotel that could"--a place that is small enough to present the "human touch" to each individual guest, while offering customer service that rivals any of its larger competitors. I look forward to giving them my business again in future visits.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

478 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

We booked this hotel online and got a great deal. We had high expectations because we'd read the reviews here before we arrived, and we were not disappointed. I was a little concerned when we first got there, because the area didn't seem very good, and the back door didn't require a hotel key to get inside. Also, the hallways were in bad shape. However, as soon as we got to the room, I saw why the reviews on here are so great. Our room was huge and so was the bed. Everything was clean and comfortable. One negative was the bathroom sink - it had so many cracks in it, I was surprised it didn't leak. We had a problem getting the tv to work, but the gal at the front desk came up and took care of it immediately. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

Agree with comments about nice staff and cleanliness. However - our room definitely had not been renovated - the sink had a web of cracks radiating from the drain.

The location was near a lot of the nice little restaurants in old Colorado Springs/Manitou Springs area. And convenient to downtown, the airport, etc.

Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
rogers
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

I must first acknowledge Amber, she has taken care of me in person on over the phone. The hotel is recently renovated and price for value is by far the best in the city. The locatiion of the hotel is perfectly between Pikes Peak and downtown Colorado Springs.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Great Mills, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012 via mobile

Well, it ain't the Hilton, but for $28 a night (booked through Hotwire), I'm not complaining. The staff is friendly and was very eager to offer restaurant and shopping ideas while my wife and I got away from Denver for a couple days. The rooms are your typical 2 star hotel type, nothing fancy. But the beds are comfy and the room and bathroom were clean. The area where the hotel is located isn't in the best area but you don't hear sirens and I haven't seen anyone out on the sidewalk begging or selling anything. Not a bad choice if you're looking for a cheap spot to crash in the south Colorado Springs/Manitou Springs area.

• Stayed April 2012
Hugoton KS.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

Best motel rate available. Room was decent and check in staff attentive. Morning breakfast was below standard, no eggs or meats at all. Was looking for a reasonable place to stay and this fit the bill nicely.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

We stayed for a couple of nights and found it to be a great place. Very close from attractions, and places to eat. The breakfast is very good. Has to be the best value out there and I will stay there again even if I have to pay more than what I paid !

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Travelodge Colorado Springs? Share your experiences!