“For the dogs” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Leavenworth, Kansas
“For the dogs”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Judging from the sound of the barking dogs up and down the halls, this is a great place to stay if you are traveling with a pet. Well not so great. It's rare for me to write a bad review as I think oh well maybe I just had a bad experience. It would have been cheaper to go with the regular rate and not use the government discount since they charged us $24 more. Secondly, housekeeping was poor -- not just for me but for others in my group -- and the hotel is noisy. The first night I climbed into bed and felt something at my feet. It was a sock left behind by an earlier guest. Usually I don't complain too much about housekeeping since I recognize I'm staying in a room that others have stayed in before me, but I don't expect such an obvious sign of that. Fortunately I switched to the other bed or I'm not sure what I would have done. There was some strange noise outside each night like a jackhammer/generator which woke me up. Maybe part of the renovation, I couldn't tell. The TV has a sleep channel which unfortunately sounds nice but is too bright. The breakfast buffet was rather low end and I think locals wander in and eat off of it because a strange looking trio came in and filled up their plates and bowls while talking about all the drugs they take. In any case not the kind of guests I want to be staying with. On the plus side, the location is convenient to restaurants and Target and with the renovations the rooms were bright and attractive as was the lobby. The fitness room is small but functional. If I were on the road and had a dog with me, I'd consider staying here but can think of little other reason.

Room Tip: Accepts guests with pets.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Sullivan, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Our visit was for family and a special event at Fort Carson. Check in process was quick and the staff friendly and helpful. During this time the entrance and part of the hotel was under renovations, but it did not create any excess noise or inconvenience.
Breakfast items were limited, but what was available was good quality and the foods served at the correct temperatures.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the Interstate.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I have stayed at this La Quinta frequently since 2005. Our children live nearby, so this is the hotel of choice. The front desk people are excellent and know me by name. The rooms are clean, the service is outstanding, and the price is moderate. In addition, they accept pets of any size. Breakfast is simple, but it has enough for guests to be satisfied.

The location is perfect: The World Arena is withing walking distance as is a movie theater. There is a Target across the street, also within walking distance, in addition to several other chain stores, and a bagel restaurant.

I believe everyone who stays at this La Quinta will enjoy it and will want to return.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Colorado Springs South AP? Share your experiences!