We stayed at the this Residence Inn while visiting our son for Parent's Weekend at the USAFA. One of the nice things about this hotel is that it's kind of tucked in from the main road down a side street. We stayed in a two bedroom suite and enjoyed our stay very much. There was plenty of room so no one was tripping over each other. It was kept very clean, the kitchen was a full kitchen (full size refrigerator and stove/oven, dishwasher). It had two full baths and a fireplace. There was maid service every day and the room was kept beautifully. The desk staff was extremely helpful, went out of their way to make sure we had everything we need including helping us with detailed directions to a restaurant we wanted to go to. It was nice for our kids (17, 16 and 13) because the pool was clean, there was a well maintained basketball court and sand volleyball court and a grassy area beyond that where the boys were able to have a baseball catch. There was a computer with free internet access and a printer - my kids were able to chat with their friends awhile each night and were happy about that.
The free breakfast in the mornings were great, with a nice variety, something for everyone. We weren't around in the evening for the complimentary evening meal so I can't say anything about that.
The negatives? They could use some new pillows (very flat) and the one bathroom didn't have a working fan. The electronic room keys didn't work well so we couldn't always get into our room. They had to keep being replaced (4 times!) but that was probably just been a quirky lock on our door. All of these things are minor and would not affect our decision to stay here again.
This hotel was also a little further from the Academy then we thought, it took about 25 - 30 minutes without traffic on the main highway. But I thought it was worth the drive and it's close to some good restaurants as well. I would gladly recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Inn by Marriott Colorado Springs Central is an extended stay all suite hotel located close to many local attractions. Within minutes of the property is the famous Garden of the Gods Park, United States Olympic Training Center, United States Air Force Academy and Pikes Peak Mountain. Located within 20 minutes of the property is Peterson Air Force Base and Fort Carson Army Base. After a day of touring or working, enjoy the seasonal outdoor pool, BBQ, picnic area, sports court and fire pit. All suites are equipped with full kitchens and utensils. A complimentary hot breakfast awaits guests as well as a complimentary Managers Social with light meals and beverages on Monday-Wednesday. On site is a coin laundry and fitness room. Keep in touch with the world with the complimentary high speed internet access. Many restaurants are within walking distance. Palmer Park is located nearby with walking and biking paths. Two large shopping malls are located within ten miles. The property is pet friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Marriott, Orbitz, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Residence Inn Colorado Springs Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Colorado Springs Central Hotel Colorado Springs
- Colorado Springs Residence Inn