“Weekend at the Broadmoor” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Spectacular Winter Rate
Ranked #1 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Denver, Colorado
“Weekend at the Broadmoor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I would have given it 5 stars except for the deceptive pricing. When you price it online it does not price in the " daily resort service charge of $32" or parking fee of $24. The resort fee is mandatory, you shouldn't have to read the fine print, to realize it will be added to room rate when you check in Otherwise the place and service was excellant. It was everthing you would expect of a Resort Hotel. Make sure you book your dinner reservations weeks ahead of time, especially the Golden Bee. We loved the trout at the Taverne. Even though the restaurants only look 3/4 full they claim they are booked and don't allow walk ins. The beds are very soft, not firm. The place is a beautiful as the pictures.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the East Side of the Lake, facing West. This way you get a view of the mountai...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (527)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I admit that I was leery of a hotel that is this large across sprawling property and buildings. Instead the massive complex provided many restaurant options that were all spectacular (the cold shellfish platter at The Tavern is a must - I had it 3 times). The room was large, great bathroom, old style feel with modern comforts. The staff was very attentive. Especially of note, I wanted a thinner feather pillow so they looked through their stock and brought 4 options to see if any were smaller feeling!

The spa, lake, golf, local zoo all added plus!

Parker, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Everything about this hotel is amazing...the location, activities, amenities, food, rooms, staff...I could go on and on.

We spent 3 glorious nights (our 24th anniversary) in a brand new room in the West Wing and it was fabulous. We also had great meals in Le Jardin, Play and the Golden Bee.

The BroAdmoor is 5-Star plus! I especially love the fact that it's only a 1-1/2 hour drive from home!

Room Tip: They're all phenomenal. Just depends on how much you want to pay.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

The Hubby and I have been to The Broadmoor a few years back, had a great experience and since it was our 35th Weddding Anniversary, we decided to head south yet again to Colorado Springs for a short stay at the wonderful Broadmoor.

When arriving at The Broadmoor, one is immediately struck by the beauty of the surroundings, the property itself is stunning, but the backdrop of Cheyenne Mountain completes how lovely this is. When reserving the room I mentioned it was our 35th wedding anniversary. Everyone, from the Valet to the young lady at the front desk, to the bellman acknowledged our "special day". Great customer service. A bottle of champagne was delivered to our room with a note from the President of the resort regarding our anniversary. Nice touch.

We had made a reservation for dinner at The Golden Bee which is the English Pub which is on not directly on the immediate property, but we took the shuttle there. It is a more casual setting (which we prefer) and the piano player is always fun.

After dinner, we returned to the main building and went to The Tavern. On weekends, The Tavern has live music and dancing. It was fun to celebrate and dance the night away.

Our room, which was located in the newly renovated West Tower (from what we were told it just opened up about 3 months ago after a 53 million dollar renovation) was lovely and spacious. We had a king sized bed, balcony overlooking the lake, a lovely soaking tub, etc.

The Broadmoor, while expensive, provides a 5 star experience for special occasions. I hope to return for my 40th wedding anniversary, or hopefully sooner.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the newly renovated West Tower. Ask for a room on the 4th floor facing the lake...
Lincoln, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This was our first stay at the Broadmoor and this place IS SOMETHING! Holy CATS!

First - the GREAT!
It is beautifully decorated, and even the 'classic rooms' are very nice! From the moment you walk in, staff is holding doors greeting you with a smile. The Bellman walks with you to your room, pointing out the 'hall of fame' explaining where everything is located and even got us a bucket of ice when we reached our room! Every time we walked past Broadmoor staff - through hallways of the hotel or on our way to the outdoor areas we were always greeted with a smile and Hello!
Our room was wonderful and was nice and big -even with the 2 double beds. We had a beautiful view of the mountains from our 7th floor room, and our bathroom had 2 sinks and a great tub/shower combination that had the normal shower head and another RAIN showerhead mounted above it! Also in our room was a sitting/makeup area. Having all this extra space especially since it was our family traveling was wonderful. There were even 2 nice armchairs to sit in to relax that faced into the room away from the windows. Well I wasn't going to miss that mountain view, so i swung mine around so I could sit in the chairs and enjoy it!
The room was VERY CLEAN and trust me I'm a stickler on this. The towels were heaven.
The toiletries they provide-awesome.
The pool here is AMAZING -it's an infinity pool next to the lake and has some AWESOME slides that we very much enjoyed. The poolside service of food and drinks is nice too.

The Not so GREAT!
The first day we arrived at the pool, we wandered in and found our chairs. The people had clearly left that were sitting there, yet their empty& dirty food plates and glasses remained on the chair side tables the entire time we sat there -which was a good 3 hours.
I watched as others around me where seated by Hotel Pool staff (they even put your towels down on the pool loungers for you!) and wondered why nobody had seated us? It was clear we were entering -because you had to sign in!
Then I sat and waited for about an hour for one of the wait staff to come over and ask for our drink orders. I knew they were there-because they were waiting on a group of guys about 5 chairs down from me. I finally gave up and went up to the bar area myself where i ordered our drinks. After being at the pool for a few hours, we decided we'd like to get a snack. Lucky for me, by this time the staff had decided to wait on us. I knew the restaurants on property were full for evening dining (2 in our building alone were not even available as they were hosting a special event and closed to other guests) --so we figured we'd just eat our dinner poolside.
OOPS nope. The full pool menu with food is only offered until 3pm. After that all you can order is snacks until 6pm. Even though the pool stays open until 8pm!
We ended up ordering room service. This was not the best choice as it was not very good. We ordered a pepperoni pizza for the kiddos-and I figured how could you mess this up? Welp i found out-it was not cooked all the way through and was super doughy and soupy. When i called room service to come pick up the table -I told them -and at least they apologized -but there was no $20 credit back to our room for the pizza we couldn't eat.

All in all the Broadmoor is a GREAT Hotel -and I would stay here again -it's a beautiful location with awesome pools. Just keep in mind if you want to eat on site -best to make reservations ahead of time when you book your room! And I"d stay away from room service -there is better food to be had elsewhere!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the mountains --higher up! It's so worth it! Also Clarify when you...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I'll admit it.....I normally hate huge, rambling resorts like this. I was prepared to be over whelmed by he crowds and under whelmed by the service.
I was so wrong. This is one fantastic resort. My room was great. Bars were fun. Food was amazing. Fitness very nice. Meeting facilities were also good. Pools were really cool.
Most of all....every employee was helpful, nice, and always happy!!

Stayed July 2014
Towson, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I cannot thank the Management and Staff at the Broadmoor enough during our stay. After a frustrating and trying day of travel on the 4th of July, we arrived at the Broadmoor, finally. The helpfulness of the staff and especially Ekatarina at the Front Desk made us feel like we were the most important guests at the Hotel. We knew the Broadmoor was known for it's service, but they are simply the best. My wife and I truly appreciate the care and attention to detail in making us, and every guest feel extra special. We thoroughly enjoyed every bit of the Resort, from restaurants and services. This will be one of our most memorable trips. Thank you again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to The Broadmoor? Share your experiences!