“WOW!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 106 Hotels in Colorado Springs
iowa
“WOW!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I went to The Broadmoor for a business conference the early part of July, otherwise, I probably would have never had a chance to stay there. The staff were unbelievable! Top notch! I have never stayed at a five star resort before, so I was impressed.
I landed at the Colorado Springs Airport, which is small and very nice. I had called the transportation line at the Broadmoor for reservations for transfer before I my trip. I arrived at 8:30 a.m. and had to wait for an hour at the airport for the transfer(GRAYLINE), which I thought was way to long, but I understand things happen.
I checked in early and had a awesome room on the West side that had just been completely remodeled. Bed was wonderful...everything was great! K-cups and all!
Our conference had the meetings on the other side of the Main Hotel and all meals were there also. The food was ok, lacked flavor. Presentation was grand, but taste blah.
Beautiful walk way around the lake and great for early morning walks.

Room Tip: West hotel just remodeled and gorgeous spacious rooms! No noise
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (508)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

When in Colorado Springs, this is where you want to stay. It is top-notch from its service to its rooms to its food and grounds. We just love it. It is a home away from home. Small problem with valet service that was followed up on quickly.

Room Tip: last stay was in one of the cottages. we booked a 2 bedroom cottage and it was just lovely.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Ham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I've written separately about our disappointment with the Tavern, but we were not happy with the off-hand welcome both from the guy who finally allocated us a room or with the bellboy.

Perhaps we were regarded as less important because our booking had been made through an internet booking site? But that doesn't excuse the impertinent comments about Broadmoor in the UK. If you haven't heard, it's a high security prison for individuals with serious psychological disorders. (I refuse to apologise for being English)

The pool area was wonderful and the young attendants were totally charming and welcoming. The facilities are idyllic and this experience rescued what was shaping up to be a very expensive mistake.

We accidentally went to the wrong place for breakfast. Lack of signage I'm afraid. One of the staff curtly removed the scrambled eggs from my friend and told us to go elsewhere. Surprising attitude!

But in the place we should have been directed to , they were wonderful and the food was excellent.

There are training issues here - serious ones.
People don't mind paying outrageously high prices for good (or preferably excellent) service. Sadly, that isn't understood by an unacceptably large number of the front line staff.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Denver, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I live only an hour away and had been to the Broadmoor for lunch, but never as an overnight guest. I felt like I'd been transported across the planet to a magical land. The resort is absolutely gorgeous. Our rooms, in the newly renovated West Building (Building 4) was a great value compared to the main building. The rooms were huge, clean, and fabulous (ok, not historic - but I was happy not to pay 2x the price). We played the West golf course -- which was beautiful & difficult; supposedly the Mountain course is even more beautiful. If you're a tennis player, I highly recommend taking tennis with Sharon Walsh - she is a superb coach.

Room Tip: West room has great values
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Just visited with my husband and daughter, who is headed to college in Colorado this fall. Probably the nicest hotel we have ever stayed in...there is no detail unattended to....but you are paying for it.
The property is beautiful but can be a bit overwhelming with the different buildings. We stayed in the South tower with a balcony that wrapped so we got the best of both views...I spent time on the phone with a wonderful receptionist (Allie) who really listened to my needs and found the perfect room for us. We walked the lake and browsed the stores but found the property a bit too big for our taste. I think I learned that with my sense of direction I need to gain familiarity with my surroundings instead of being directionally challenged all the time. Guess I need to stay longer next time:)
If you have bad feet or walking issues this would not be perfect. My husband loved the fly fishing shop and his experience with his guide, Chris. We dined at the Summit one night and it was good...not great for kids or picky eaters as the menu is limited. Angry trout was great. They retrieve your car whenever you need it which is really nice. Overall, we loved the hotel but think we did not take advantage of many things it had to offer due to our schedule. We did pop in to the Zoo which was fun (a lot of walking) and drove through Garden of the Gods (I recommend riding horses through them) and ate dinner in town one night because we waited too long to make dinner reservations at the hotel. MAKE DINNER RESERVATIONS EARLY. Roll a way beds are very uncomfortable...I suggest a foam topper to hotel management. Overall hotel is wonderful, especially if you are looking for a contained resort style vacation.

North Augusta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We have stayed in many of the US's nicest resorts and this one definitely will not disappoint. Our room on the 6th floor was right out of a romantic movie. It was gorgeous, large and well appointed. You stand on the balcony with a breathtaking view of the Rockies. The Penrose Room is the only 5 star restaurant in CO and if you try, you will understand why. We ordered the Chef's 7 course tasting menu with matched wines. One of the best meals ever and served by an extremely professional and personable staff. The golf course has hosted several major tournaments and was enjoyable to play. The entire staff makes you feel welcome. We plan on returning for our 40th anniversary.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a Superior level room. It is well worth it.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We absolutely love the Broadmoor. We always meet here for family reunions and it's always gorgeous. My only complaint is the lack of vegetarian options. I asked one restaurant if they had anything, and they pulled out a frozen box of veggie burgers and brought that to our table. In this day and age (especially in Colorado) it surprises me they don't offer anything on the menus. That being said, I don't go here for the food but instead the beautiful scenery and excellent service.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to The Broadmoor? Share your experiences!