“Lives up to its 5-Star AAA Rating” 5 of 5 stars

The Broadmoor
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   1 Lake Avenue, Colorado Springs, CO 80906   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #1 of 106 Hotels in Colorado Springs
“Lives up to its 5-Star AAA Rating”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

When in Colorado Springs, this is where you want to stay. It is top-notch from its service to its rooms to its food and grounds. We just love it. It is a home away from home. Small problem with valet service that was followed up on quickly.

Room Tip: last stay was in one of the cottages. we booked a 2 bedroom cottage and it was just lovely.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (477)
Ham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I've written separately about our disappointment with the Tavern, but we were not happy with the off-hand welcome both from the guy who finally allocated us a room or with the bellboy.

Perhaps we were regarded as less important because our booking had been made through an internet booking site? But that doesn't excuse the impertinent comments about Broadmoor in the UK. If you haven't heard, it's a high security prison for individuals with serious psychological disorders. (I refuse to apologise for being English)

The pool area was wonderful and the young attendants were totally charming and welcoming. The facilities are idyllic and this experience rescued what was shaping up to be a very expensive mistake.

We accidentally went to the wrong place for breakfast. Lack of signage I'm afraid. One of the staff curtly removed the scrambled eggs from my friend and told us to go elsewhere. Surprising attitude!

But in the place we should have been directed to , they were wonderful and the food was excellent.

There are training issues here - serious ones.
People don't mind paying outrageously high prices for good (or preferably excellent) service. Sadly, that isn't understood by an unacceptably large number of the front line staff.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Denver, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I live only an hour away and had been to the Broadmoor for lunch, but never as an overnight guest. I felt like I'd been transported across the planet to a magical land. The resort is absolutely gorgeous. Our rooms, in the newly renovated West Building (Building 4) was a great value compared to the main building. The rooms were huge, clean, and fabulous (ok, not historic - but I was happy not to pay 2x the price). We played the West golf course -- which was beautiful & difficult; supposedly the Mountain course is even more beautiful. If you're a tennis player, I highly recommend taking tennis with Sharon Walsh - she is a superb coach.

Room Tip: West room has great values
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Just visited with my husband and daughter, who is headed to college in Colorado this fall. Probably the nicest hotel we have ever stayed in...there is no detail unattended to....but you are paying for it.
The property is beautiful but can be a bit overwhelming with the different buildings. We stayed in the South tower with a balcony that wrapped so we got the best of both views...I spent time on the phone with a wonderful receptionist (Allie) who really listened to my needs and found the perfect room for us. We walked the lake and browsed the stores but found the property a bit too big for our taste. I think I learned that with my sense of direction I need to gain familiarity with my surroundings instead of being directionally challenged all the time. Guess I need to stay longer next time:)
If you have bad feet or walking issues this would not be perfect. My husband loved the fly fishing shop and his experience with his guide, Chris. We dined at the Summit one night and it was good...not great for kids or picky eaters as the menu is limited. Angry trout was great. They retrieve your car whenever you need it which is really nice. Overall, we loved the hotel but think we did not take advantage of many things it had to offer due to our schedule. We did pop in to the Zoo which was fun (a lot of walking) and drove through Garden of the Gods (I recommend riding horses through them) and ate dinner in town one night because we waited too long to make dinner reservations at the hotel. MAKE DINNER RESERVATIONS EARLY. Roll a way beds are very uncomfortable...I suggest a foam topper to hotel management. Overall hotel is wonderful, especially if you are looking for a contained resort style vacation.

North Augusta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We have stayed in many of the US's nicest resorts and this one definitely will not disappoint. Our room on the 6th floor was right out of a romantic movie. It was gorgeous, large and well appointed. You stand on the balcony with a breathtaking view of the Rockies. The Penrose Room is the only 5 star restaurant in CO and if you try, you will understand why. We ordered the Chef's 7 course tasting menu with matched wines. One of the best meals ever and served by an extremely professional and personable staff. The golf course has hosted several major tournaments and was enjoyable to play. The entire staff makes you feel welcome. We plan on returning for our 40th anniversary.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a Superior level room. It is well worth it.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We absolutely love the Broadmoor. We always meet here for family reunions and it's always gorgeous. My only complaint is the lack of vegetarian options. I asked one restaurant if they had anything, and they pulled out a frozen box of veggie burgers and brought that to our table. In this day and age (especially in Colorado) it surprises me they don't offer anything on the menus. That being said, I don't go here for the food but instead the beautiful scenery and excellent service.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We had been to The Broadmoor several years before and LOVED it! So, we returned only to be HIGHLY disappointed. It is a beautiful resort in a gorgeous setting. The valet and bell team are very welcoming. Upon entering the gorgeous lobby to check-in, we were greeted by a guest's dog. Seriously? In the lobby of a 5 star hotel? Dogs are everywhere...in common areas, by the outdoor dining near the lake, sniffing on all grassy spots. I love dogs --- but not at a 5 star resort or in the hallway near my room! Line up for a pool chaise started at 7am. Yes, 7am but the pool doesn't open till 9am. All lounge chairs were gone by 9:10am. Seriously! This is how you spend your vacation time at a nice resort -- in a line?? People laying all over the grass and sitting on rocks due to lack of chairs. We, too, booked a Premier room in the West building as we needed 2 queen beds. Website says they have 2 queen beds. At check-in, front desk was adamantly rude that they don't have 2 queen beds in any room on property. Showed the manager that website indicates 2 queen beds are available. She did agree they exist. Like others have written on TripAdvisor, manager indicates rooms are not guaranteed. One king bed for a family of four travelling with 2 teen-agers is not acceptable. Broadmoor just shrugs their shoulders!!!!! We booked in April for a July visit and The Broadmoor only told us about the king size bed upon arrival at the resort. Shame, shame! You can book a stay at a one star hotel and choose bed type.
We WERE returning guests but I will not go back --unless there is a change in management philosophy. Choose another luxury resort in the area (many great ones in Vail) or save your money. This is no longer a 5 star experience!

Room Tip: room types are not guaranteed. Be aware when booking if you need more than a king bed.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to The Broadmoor? Share your experiences!