“World-class resort” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Denver, CO
“World-class resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I live only an hour away and had been to the Broadmoor for lunch, but never as an overnight guest. I felt like I'd been transported across the planet to a magical land. The resort is absolutely gorgeous. Our rooms, in the newly renovated West Building (Building 4) was a great value compared to the main building. The rooms were huge, clean, and fabulous (ok, not historic - but I was happy not to pay 2x the price). We played the West golf course -- which was beautiful & difficult; supposedly the Mountain course is even more beautiful. If you're a tennis player, I highly recommend taking tennis with Sharon Walsh - she is a superb coach.

Room Tip: West room has great values
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (523)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Just visited with my husband and daughter, who is headed to college in Colorado this fall. Probably the nicest hotel we have ever stayed in...there is no detail unattended to....but you are paying for it.
The property is beautiful but can be a bit overwhelming with the different buildings. We stayed in the South tower with a balcony that wrapped so we got the best of both views...I spent time on the phone with a wonderful receptionist (Allie) who really listened to my needs and found the perfect room for us. We walked the lake and browsed the stores but found the property a bit too big for our taste. I think I learned that with my sense of direction I need to gain familiarity with my surroundings instead of being directionally challenged all the time. Guess I need to stay longer next time:)
If you have bad feet or walking issues this would not be perfect. My husband loved the fly fishing shop and his experience with his guide, Chris. We dined at the Summit one night and it was good...not great for kids or picky eaters as the menu is limited. Angry trout was great. They retrieve your car whenever you need it which is really nice. Overall, we loved the hotel but think we did not take advantage of many things it had to offer due to our schedule. We did pop in to the Zoo which was fun (a lot of walking) and drove through Garden of the Gods (I recommend riding horses through them) and ate dinner in town one night because we waited too long to make dinner reservations at the hotel. MAKE DINNER RESERVATIONS EARLY. Roll a way beds are very uncomfortable...I suggest a foam topper to hotel management. Overall hotel is wonderful, especially if you are looking for a contained resort style vacation.

North Augusta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We have stayed in many of the US's nicest resorts and this one definitely will not disappoint. Our room on the 6th floor was right out of a romantic movie. It was gorgeous, large and well appointed. You stand on the balcony with a breathtaking view of the Rockies. The Penrose Room is the only 5 star restaurant in CO and if you try, you will understand why. We ordered the Chef's 7 course tasting menu with matched wines. One of the best meals ever and served by an extremely professional and personable staff. The golf course has hosted several major tournaments and was enjoyable to play. The entire staff makes you feel welcome. We plan on returning for our 40th anniversary.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a Superior level room. It is well worth it.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We absolutely love the Broadmoor. We always meet here for family reunions and it's always gorgeous. My only complaint is the lack of vegetarian options. I asked one restaurant if they had anything, and they pulled out a frozen box of veggie burgers and brought that to our table. In this day and age (especially in Colorado) it surprises me they don't offer anything on the menus. That being said, I don't go here for the food but instead the beautiful scenery and excellent service.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We had been to The Broadmoor several years before and LOVED it! So, we returned only to be HIGHLY disappointed. It is a beautiful resort in a gorgeous setting. The valet and bell team are very welcoming. Upon entering the gorgeous lobby to check-in, we were greeted by a guest's dog. Seriously? In the lobby of a 5 star hotel? Dogs are everywhere...in common areas, by the outdoor dining near the lake, sniffing on all grassy spots. I love dogs --- but not at a 5 star resort or in the hallway near my room! Line up for a pool chaise started at 7am. Yes, 7am but the pool doesn't open till 9am. All lounge chairs were gone by 9:10am. Seriously! This is how you spend your vacation time at a nice resort -- in a line?? People laying all over the grass and sitting on rocks due to lack of chairs. We, too, booked a Premier room in the West building as we needed 2 queen beds. Website says they have 2 queen beds. At check-in, front desk was adamantly rude that they don't have 2 queen beds in any room on property. Showed the manager that website indicates 2 queen beds are available. She did agree they exist. Like others have written on TripAdvisor, manager indicates rooms are not guaranteed. One king bed for a family of four travelling with 2 teen-agers is not acceptable. Broadmoor just shrugs their shoulders!!!!! We booked in April for a July visit and The Broadmoor only told us about the king size bed upon arrival at the resort. Shame, shame! You can book a stay at a one star hotel and choose bed type.
We WERE returning guests but I will not go back --unless there is a change in management philosophy. Choose another luxury resort in the area (many great ones in Vail) or save your money. This is no longer a 5 star experience!

Room Tip: room types are not guaranteed. Be aware when booking if you need more than a king bed.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

This resort has so much history and grandeur. Had the opportunity to attend a conference in June for a few days. Flew into Colorado Springs and took a shuttle from the airport to the grounds of the hotel (not free as the hotel charges a shuttle fee).

The resort is quite large. Checked in at Broadmoor West (building across the lake from the original building). Line was quite long when I arrived even though there were 5 people behind the desk. Was given a room in the West Tower which was quite a hike from the lobby but you get to see the bowling alley and a long line of pictures of folks who have visited the Broadmoor.

Room itself was large with high ceilings (ground floor one bedroom suite). Bed was extremely comfortable. Large walk-in closets, comfortable chairs, work desk and flat screen tvs. 2 bottles of water were left every evening after the turn down service.

Used the swimming pool (the outdoor lap pool was actually disappointing in that it was full of bugs/leaves) but the gym was marvelous with plenty of machines and new equipment). Locker room was available.

Our hosts catered all the meals during our event and I would say that the food was excellent each meal. Probably gained weight.

Check-out was fine. Overall the service was excellent with great staff (trained well). Enjoyed my stay and would consider coming back with my family.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Augusta, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

The Broadmoor never disappoints! Such a beautiful resort with something plenty of amenities to keep everyone happy. The staff always goes above and beyond what is expected and seem very happy to accommodate your requests.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to The Broadmoor? Share your experiences!