Just visited with my husband and daughter, who is headed to college in Colorado this fall. Probably the nicest hotel we have ever stayed in...there is no detail unattended to....but you are paying for it.
The property is beautiful but can be a bit overwhelming with the different buildings. We stayed in the South tower with a balcony that wrapped so we got the best of both views...I spent time on the phone with a wonderful receptionist (Allie) who really listened to my needs and found the perfect room for us. We walked the lake and browsed the stores but found the property a bit too big for our taste. I think I learned that with my sense of direction I need to gain familiarity with my surroundings instead of being directionally challenged all the time. Guess I need to stay longer next time:)
If you have bad feet or walking issues this would not be perfect. My husband loved the fly fishing shop and his experience with his guide, Chris. We dined at the Summit one night and it was good...not great for kids or picky eaters as the menu is limited. Angry trout was great. They retrieve your car whenever you need it which is really nice. Overall, we loved the hotel but think we did not take advantage of many things it had to offer due to our schedule. We did pop in to the Zoo which was fun (a lot of walking) and drove through Garden of the Gods (I recommend riding horses through them) and ate dinner in town one night because we waited too long to make dinner reservations at the hotel. MAKE DINNER RESERVATIONS EARLY. Roll a way beds are very uncomfortable...I suggest a foam topper to hotel management. Overall hotel is wonderful, especially if you are looking for a contained resort style vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The BROADMOOR is the longest-running consecutive winner of both the AAA Five-Diamond and Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star awards. Our Colorado Springs resort is located on 5,000 lush acres, plus an additional 2,000 acres at The Broadmoor Wilderness Experience properties of The Ranch at Emerald Valley, Cloud Camp and the Fly Fishing Camp (scheduled to open in Spring of 2015), under the shadow of the Rocky Mountains and offers an award-winning day spa, fitness center, mountain biking, mountain climbing, hiking, two swimming pools, three outdoor hot tubs, one lap pool, 54 holes of championship golf, six tennis courts with tennis camps, children's programs, 24-hour room service, valet parking, 26 specialty retail shops, 19 distinct dining options and we are pet friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your The Broadmoor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Broadmoor Hotel Colorado Springs
- Broadmoor Hotel Colorado Springs