We had been to The Broadmoor several years before and LOVED it! So, we returned only to be HIGHLY disappointed. It is a beautiful resort in a gorgeous setting. The valet and bell team are very welcoming. Upon entering the gorgeous lobby to check-in, we were greeted by a guest's dog. Seriously? In the lobby of a 5 star hotel? Dogs are everywhere...in common areas, by the outdoor dining near the lake, sniffing on all grassy spots. I love dogs --- but not at a 5 star resort or in the hallway near my room! Line up for a pool chaise started at 7am. Yes, 7am but the pool doesn't open till 9am. All lounge chairs were gone by 9:10am. Seriously! This is how you spend your vacation time at a nice resort -- in a line?? People laying all over the grass and sitting on rocks due to lack of chairs. We, too, booked a Premier room in the West building as we needed 2 queen beds. Website says they have 2 queen beds. At check-in, front desk was adamantly rude that they don't have 2 queen beds in any room on property. Showed the manager that website indicates 2 queen beds are available. She did agree they exist. Like others have written on TripAdvisor, manager indicates rooms are not guaranteed. One king bed for a family of four travelling with 2 teen-agers is not acceptable. Broadmoor just shrugs their shoulders!!!!! We booked in April for a July visit and The Broadmoor only told us about the king size bed upon arrival at the resort. Shame, shame! You can book a stay at a one star hotel and choose bed type.
We WERE returning guests but I will not go back --unless there is a change in management philosophy. Choose another luxury resort in the area (many great ones in Vail) or save your money. This is no longer a 5 star experience!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The BROADMOOR is the longest-running consecutive winner of both the AAA Five-Diamond and Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star awards. Our Colorado Springs resort is located on 5,000 lush acres, plus an additional 2,000 acres at The Broadmoor Wilderness Experience properties of The Ranch at Emerald Valley, Cloud Camp and the Fly Fishing Camp (scheduled to open in Spring of 2015), under the shadow of the Rocky Mountains and offers an award-winning day spa, fitness center, mountain biking, mountain climbing, hiking, two swimming pools, three outdoor hot tubs, one lap pool, 54 holes of championship golf, six tennis courts with tennis camps, children's programs, 24-hour room service, valet parking, 26 specialty retail shops, 19 distinct dining options and we are pet friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your The Broadmoor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Broadmoor Hotel Colorado Springs
- Broadmoor Hotel Colorado Springs