“Colorado Springs - April 23-26.” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Resort   |   1 Lake Avenue, Colorado Springs, CO 80906   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #1 of 106 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Sandy, Utah
“Colorado Springs - April 23-26.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

The Broadmoor continues to shine above all others. It had been over 10 years since our last stay and if anything the hotel has gotten better! The service there is unparalleled and every need and wish is handled. This is one of the grand hotels in America.

Room Tip: Cannot go wrong with wherever you end up.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (474)
Brownwood
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

The property is perfect! The scenery is perfect! The staff were attentive to each guest all the time and all over the property. The rooms were amazing and amenities were excellent. Whether or not you can come and stay for one day or multiple it is a must see and experience!

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Midland, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

Easily one of the best hotel/resorts I have ever stayed in. Fantastic. Great service, super food, good value, super golf and the staff were extremely friendly. Rarely do I go back to places but I will go back here as often as I can. Wow!

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

This was my second stay at the Broadmoor (first in 2003). One thing that cannot be topped is the exceptional service. There is not a single door unmanned in the entire resort. It honestly felt like there were 3 hotel employees per every 1 guest. And they were not pushy or expectant of gratuities like other hotels.

The grounds are amazing and the food is great at every restaurant on property. I was there for on a golf trip with 3 buddies and it was comparable to some of the better golf trips I've been on (Scottsdale, Vegas, Pebble, Hilton-Head) but the exception was that there was zero nightlife. It's not the fault of the resort, it's just that the town is a very sleepy place.

I would suggest the resort to anyone who is looking for a quiet, conservative trip with exceptional natural beauty and service.

Room Tip: South tower room 21 on any floor 1-5 will have a balcony.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Chicopee, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

From the moment we pulled in and the guy at the gate asked our name and welcomed us the two night we spent here were wonderful. Our room was delightful and comfortable. We had two perfect breakfast in the hotel because we visited with friend during the evenings. We walked the property a few times and enjoyed especially the small lake separating the main buildings. My wife loves art and I could not get her to stop walking into every room that had original Remington paintings of life in the west. Frankly we were blown away. Have a drink in the Best Bar West of the Hudson!! It was a treat!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our Broadmoor experience May 12-14, 2014. Our overall impression is that we have not stayed at a nicer hotel resort, and we travel a lot! Everything, our room, our meals, the activities were all delightful! One thing that stood out was how every employee,regardless of their function, engaged us in greeting and conversation. All of their people went all out for us! We WILL return soon!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Denver, CO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

This place was so hit or miss and it really shouldn't be billed as a 5-star resort. First - the good.

The grounds are spectacular. The golf course (East course) is gorgeous. They could be a bit better maintained, though. The rooms are very nice and we loved the 5 piece bath. I love some of the "high tech" additions but they have their drawbacks, too. I let the hotel know that it was my husband's birthday and they were all very quick to wish him a happy one. It was sweet. We also had a fabulous dinner at La Taverne with some truly remarkable service from both our waitress and the Sommelier. We were seated in Le Jardin per my request and it has a beautiful atmosphere.

What gives? First, the service. I felt like I was staying at an academy for newbies in the service industry. There were a few notable exceptions but for the most part they wore robotic smiles and greeted you warmly and thought that was enough to warrant a 5-star rating. Staff are literally EVERYWHERE. We had a running jokes about never seeing a group of less than 3 together. We quickly noticed that they are socializing with each other and not actually serving guests. Upon checkout I was asked "how was your stay"? I replied, "Eh, it was fine." The response back to me was a big smile and "Great! I'm so glad that you really enjoyed it!" I thought he was kidding. My brother-in-law had a similar interaction but the response back to him was one of concern. He said "you have the friendliest, WORST staff I've ever encountered". The woman at the front desk said "Thank you! Whew, I'm so glad that you had a great time!"

Huh?!?!

My husband's clubs (that we checked with the valet staff) were lost the morning of our tee time. We were assured that they had our check-out information and that they would be ready and waiting when we checked out. They were lost again. It took, all told, 40 minutes to find them. My husband and I had to check with several people and then were told that we could drive over to the clubhouse and that they were probably over there. Upon arriving at the clubhouse no one was aware of the situation and it took my husband volunteering to follow them into the club storage room to actually get someone interested in finding them. If we'd had a flight to catch we may have been in trouble.

The rooms are nice but not 5-star nice. The furnishings have a bit of a worn appearance. There are 2 very heavy, hot blankets on the bed and 1 sheet. Take your pick - too hot or too cold. The towels are small and scratchy. Our "high tech" room did have an iPod dock/alarm clock although my brother-in-law's room had a CD player alarm clock; the exact one that he said he had in his first apartment over 20 years ago. The touchscreen tablet that controls the "high tech" functions in the room will open and close the drapes and turn on or off your housekeeping privacy sign and that's about it. I thought that we could look up room service menus or restaurant information on it but no go. The thing is also bolted to the far corner of the bedside table and can't be moved so using it is awkward and necessitates getting completely out of bed.

We had an absolutely terrible experience in the clubhouse/golf course grille. We couldn't get service to save our lives. I kept going inside to the bar and asking for things and carrying our drinks and stuff out to the table myself. Each time I went inside there were no fewer than 4 staff people sitting around. It was a joke. I'll write a separate review.

Overall the place has a very Vegas-y feel with it's theme restaurants and overall flow. There are shops everywhere. This might appeal to families, I get it. It felt a little lowbrow for a 5-star resort.

Finally, be prepared for a $35 (+tax) resort fee per night and this doesn't include $24 additional for parking. I can't stand resort fees. They were quick to point out that this included coffee in our room. Every low budget hotel out there has coffee in the room. That's not a perk. Also, they only give you 2 regular coffee pods per day. The rest are decaf, hot chocolate or tea. If you have 2 coffee drinkers in your room forget about lazing around in the morning unless you want to be robbed for room service.

My husband loved the golf course. It's a shame that you have to stay at the resort to have access to it because at what they charge we won't be back.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to The Broadmoor? Share your experiences!