“Skilled at catering to you” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Resort   |   1 Lake Avenue, Colorado Springs, CO 80906   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #1 of 105 hotels in Colorado Springs
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Skilled at catering to you”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

My husband cooked up a surprise long weekend getaway, staying two nights and including a couples massage at the spa.

From the greetingas we drove on the property, everyone has asked what they can do to serve us and make our visit extraordinary.

Great service, and the rooms are as luxurious as you'd wish (our view of the lake and mountains was fantastic, and the in-room electronic controls for lights, shades, etc were a surprise)

A luxurious experience!

• Stayed January 2014

1,442 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (462)
Denver, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

For Thanksgiving, my husband and I abandoned our usual plans for a romantic vacation that was incomparable for holiday enjoyment. We ditched the frantic cooking and cleaning and opted instead for a memorably serene Thanksgiving vacation at the beautiful and historic Broadmoor in Colorado Springs.

ARRIVAL

Few hotels match the welcome you’ll feel when you check in at The Broadmoor. We were warmly greeted by three different staff members from our car to the front desk. Check-in went quickly and smoothly, followed by a golf cart ride to the West Tower.

ROOMS

The Broadmoor is a historic and varied property consisting of a main building, the West Tower, the Cottages, and the Brownstones. This collection will allow you to choose ideal accommodations for your needs, from a family friendly home away from home to a spacious room for two.

Our Intermediate West Tower room was beautifully decorated in a traditional way that suits the property. Intermediate rooms have little extras I appreciate like a vanity table and a large closet for luggage. The room and bathroom featured niceties like a great deal of marble and lots of soft seating. Important hotel room staples like a wonderfully comfortable bed and a coffee maker (with coffee and hot cider) were present as well.

BEYOND THE ROOMS

We brought our youngest son to take a tour of The Broadmoor before he left to spend the weekend with family. The hotel inspired him to begin writing a short mystery which he left for us to find later. If this nine year old’s budding writing career was prompted by this hotel, I’ll be sure to give the hotel due credit when I write about it years from now.

The main hotel buildings surround a lovely pond with a picturesque bridge spanning its width. The West Tower is accessed by roads (a bus shuttle is available and warm), but more easily by a chauffeured golf cart. This is the fun way to get around. Once settled, take a stroll and watch the graceful ducks, like my husband and I did. The birds are a key factor in the overall peaceful feeling of The Broadmoor.

The hotel has a collection of 26 upscale shops located around the hotel. I particularly liked the boutique pet shop and children’s apparel and toy shop. They were even open on Thanksgiving Day for a bit of casual shopping after the big meal.

HOLIDAY ACTIVITIES

Thanksgiving morning began with a quick stop at the on-site coffee shop for pastries. Then, we were off to watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade in the hotel’s movie theater. Despite the early hour, there were both couples and families enjoying the festive atmosphere. After the conclusion of the Macy’s parade, we toured the hotel just to see all the holiday decorations. The West Tower lobby (my favorite lobby because it is never crowded and always warm) was decked out in garlands, a Christmas tree and a menorah. In the lobby’s fountain, pennies spelled out the words, “Will you marry me?” What a great idea! I hope she said yes.

In the main building, the staff built a walk-in closet sized gingerbread house. I heard talk of Santa being there at some point, but didn’t get to see him myself, unfortunately. I had stuff to talk to him about. The gingerbread house was intricately detailed in candies and frosting. The care the creators took to be sure it was perfect impressed me and my husband.

HOLIDAY DINING

At noon on Thanksgiving Day, it was finally time to eat! Our table in the event space was near the window, overlooking the grounds. A grand buffet was set with delicious food that stretched on and on, peppered with edible art such as chocolate sculptures. Turkey and stuffing are just fine, but they never wow me. I prefer oysters and shrimp cocktail. They may not be traditional holiday fare, but I’ll take them over the usual any day. The buffet my husband and I chose (out of several holiday dining options) aimed to please traditionalists and free spirits alike, by featuring everything you’d expect to see at Mom’s table, plus an upscale restaurant. It was delicious, romantic and David and I loved every minute of it.

MY RECOMMENDATION

Go! You'll love it.

Room Tip: Rooms in the West Tower are quiet and the West Tower lobby is a better place to relax than the one i...
Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

This is one of the nicest places I've ever visited. It lives up to its 5-star rating. You will not be disappointed.

My wife and I stayed here for 5 days for a short honeymoon. We were given a warm greeting by everyone when we arrived and stayed in the Gaylord Suite.
Amazing views of the mountains and the city.
This place has it all: bars, restaurants, bowling alley, movie theatre... Once you arrive there is no need to leave but if you like to ski, Breckenridge is an hour drive away.
We'll never forget our stay at The Broadmoor!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Denver, CO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

It was good to see the West Building being renovated and sure hope they are fixing the air quality in the rooms. We stayed for four nights in a beautiful suite but the exceedingly dry air and poor heating system made the stay uncomfortable. We even brought a small humidifier but it didn't help and we're hoping this problem is being addressed in the renovation. The onsite dining options still open couldn't handle the number of guests and over priced. We checked out on a Sunday morning and after calling for our SUV it took 55 minutes before we could drive away. A very outdated and under staffed system.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Leesville, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

I have stayed at a lot of hotels in my life...some good, some not so good, some pretty good, some so-so...

I confidently state, I have never stayed at a nicer hotel than I stayed last night--the Broadmoor in Colorado Springs, Colorado.

I have pondered, today, what makes this hotel so special? Well, after my pondering, I have concluded it's the details...the staff really works on the details...from the cleanliness to the just plain niceness...

See pictures and the rest of my review at CharmingSouthernTrails.com

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
northeast Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

The superlative words that I know can't do justice to the quality of this hotel resort. From arrival to departure the entire staff addresses you by name and are continually asking what they can do for you. There are numerous restaurants to choose from, a cocktail bar, bowling alley, ice skating, swimming pool, walking paths, an incredible spa, convention center, a movie theater, ice sculptures and any other convenience and luxury one could possibly imagine. My wife and I stayed just this Christmas eve and day (2013) and enjoyed every minute of our two nights.

The billionare owner has installed his incredible collection of western art pieces (think Remington, Bierstadt and Russell among many others) throughout the hotel lobbies, hallways and restaurants.

The Christmas Day brunch served hundreds of excited and satisfied diners with several carving stations of beef, lamb, and ham, crepes and personal omelets. The salad bar must have been 30 feet long, there were vegetables galore and then the desserts; at least 40! The entire meal and service were marvelous!

Room Tip: No tip is needed, all the rooms are marvelous!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Firestone, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I stayed at The Broadmoor over Labor Day weekend and it was a spur of the moment trip with my children. I had heard that the hotel and grounds were beautiful and they were telling the truth. It is very beautiful and very expensive. To be honest, I was not expecting the prices of eating at their restaurants or using their new bowling alley. However, it really wasn't an option because we did not make reservations and they had no availablity so we ate at a restaurant in town. With that being said, I can not rate if the food is worth the price. We utilized the shuttle to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo and loved it. If you have never been there you need to go, all of us had such a great time. Not your average zoo set up. Our room was nice and the bed was comfortable, however there was a wedding reception or cocktail hour going on right below our room and it was loud. The service was definetly 5 star, I forgot my contact solution and case and they offered to go out and get it for me. Overall, I will say that it's beautiful but a little too expensive for my tastes. If I go again, I will plan for the expense and reservations for restaurants/bowling. It is a visit to plan for but the question is still unanswered for me...is wonderful service worth $300 a night?

Room Tip: Great Mountain views on west side, but there is an outdoor reception/restaurant on that side and you...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Broadmoor? Share your experiences!