“Not impressed” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Colorado Springs, CO
“Not impressed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a conference. My room was very dated and smelled like a stuffy attic. I turned on the air circulation system and it seemed to get worse. The drapes did not close over the glass patio door to block the lights from a Christmas tree that stayed on ALL night long. I called the front desk after midnight and asked them to please turn off the Christmas tree and nothing changed. There is no way that this place can be called a 5 star hotel. Their conference center area is great.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (529)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

For $250 to $400 dollars a night I expect the resort, spa and food to match the price. It doesn't here. The rooms were average but old and outdated. Our chair and ottoman in the room was old and dirty. Also, everything is way overpriced at this resort especially the sodas at $3.75 a can and I'm not cheap but Really??? The spa is just like a spa you can go to down the street and the spa pool area is just a recreation pool with one outdoor hot tub and a lap pool. We got a spa service expecting to enjoy the spa but there was nothing to hang around for! There are also kids in the spa pool/hot tub area. We have stayed at many resorts The Grove Park Inn, The Sagamore Resort and Walt Disney World Resort to name a few and The Broadmoor is no comparison!!! Room service was horrible both nights. The first night I complained and they did refund our money. If I had known it was going to be just as bad the second night I would not have ordered again! We did go to The Tavern in the Main Inn and the food was good but that's it just good nothing to write home about. The band is a must see at The Tavern they were awesome and if it was not for them the whole trip would have been horrible except the staff were all friendly. I told the front desk it was overrated when I checked out but I feel like the only thing they could have done for me is give me my money back unless they were going to remodel the rooms and the entire spa. They did neither! I would not be interested in going back again. I felt like after I left I had been ripped off and did not enjoy the time away with my husband.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

This was a one night getaway with my daughter, to have room service, watch movies and have dinner at the Summitt.
Tried to order our first movie, disabled..whole system down in entire hotel for a scheduled upgrade...just forgot to tell guests when making a reservation...could have brought my own DVD!
Summitt- great service and terrible food. Maryland crab claws were miniature and soggy...where's the crab? Halibut was so dry needed a chaser of water. Went back to room and ordered room service...and it got worse... My first ever bad club sandwich.
This was my 3rd stay within year...this hotel moving into corporate mediocrity. Time for another potential hotel to take over that 5 star position!

Room Tip: Stay in south building for better views and larger room. If you stay in cottages, be prepared to wal...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Honestly I have never experienced such poor quality in my life. The Staff comes across as caring on the surface but will quickly slam you should you challenge them. I have never seen such pompous attitudes as I have at the Broadmoor. The Valet staff some how managed to drive another car into mine and severly damage both vehicles. They gave us a minor compensation but it was minor compared to the damage that was caused. They did not perform a sobriety / drug test on the driver and merely dismissed the damage to my car as just an "accident" . Then I had to deal with the fall out on my own. The head manager says they have never had an accident before then the head of security tells me that they have piled up seven cars in one day. These clowns cant even coordinate thier stories. I am not one to complain but when the broadmoor staff wrecks a car and expect the owners to act like it was a trivial ordeal they actually displayed thier true colors. They dont care unless it is thier personal car that gets wrecked, then it is a entirely different story. Do not let the high school children at the broadmore park your vehicle...you might not get it back in one piece....No kidding! Also dont use the hot tub outside...there was a piece of human fecies floating in the water.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
virginia beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

My husband sent me and my sister here for the weekend for my birthday. We can't say enough about the service and staff, except Wow! There was no request or question that was not taken care of or answered without a smile and politeness. Just talking to the staff put you in a great mood. We would definitely come back, hopefully in the spring or summer to take more advantage of all the outdoor activities.

Room Tip: Ask for the main building or the south tower. They offer up the best views of the lake and mountain...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Staff here goes above and beyond to please. Beautiful property, and they allow dogs which makes the trip fun! Class act! Even in the winter, this is a great destination resort. For a special evening I recommend the tasting menu at the Penrose.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We stayed in the West wing across the lake and got a nice package that included the movie theatre and fitness spa. Top rate everything. We watched the movie then had a drink in the bar. Then, had more drinks, live band, and dancing in the Tavern. In the morning, we sat in the outdoor jacuzzi and relaxed. Great atmosphere and wonderfully kept grounds. Totally a world class resort. Definitely, no complaints-just watch your bill for other people's charges.

Room Tip: Request a lake side higher floor- they have walkout balcony with chairs to sit and enjoy the view...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to The Broadmoor? Share your experiences!