“Rocky Mountain Fabulous” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Tennessee
“Rocky Mountain Fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Driving up Lake Road to the Broadmoor creates an anticipation reminiscent of the drive to Biltmore House in Asheville. Then, there it is. From the Front Door to checkout, you'll be treated as a special guest. Sumptuous Lobbies, Rooms, grounds and attention to details set this Classic solidly within the 5 Star ranks. WiFi, was excellent. The view was excellent. The food was excellent. I was there on business, so I don't have any family friendly information. The families I did see, seemed content, though.

Room Tip: I don't think this hotel has a bad room; I slept in the old Main building and was completely sat...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (529)
Edwards, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

My husband and I visited for an anniversary weekend, we were pleasantly surprised when we realized we never had to leave the resort to have an amazing time and a variety of dining options and things to do. We golfed the west course, which was beautiful and the staff was very welcoming. I enjoyed a massage at the spa, Shantelle has been there 14 years and it is obvious she loves her job. We ate and/or drank at the Tavern, the Golf Clubhouse, The Summit, the Golden Bee, the Hotel Bar and brunch at the Lakeside Terrace. Every bite and sip was wonderful. But above and beyond all of that, I consider myself a "hotel snob" and the Broadmoor has the most amazing service that I have ever experienced. We never had to wait for anyone to assist us with anything. And everyone we encounter was smiling, genuine and thoughtful. A few standouts were Joe, the bellman, Aniko and Julie at the front desk, Charlie at the golf course, Shantelle at the spa.

Room Tip: Lakeside junior suites are spacious with a fireplace and nice size balcony.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Miami Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I loved this hotel, i went to HS in colorado springs and the Brooadmoor always seemed like some unachievable grand place where i shouldnt be. Now that has been filipped. My son loved the pool, rides on the lake, the zoo and the deer roaming around the grounds. The meals were good and breakfast was great. The staff was exceptionally helpful and considerate. I stayed in the south tower which has a lot of tech to operate the room. We used the broadmoor as a fabulous home base for all of our outdoor activities and cant wait to go back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I traveled here in June 2012 for a work function. Luckily my husband was able to join me and enjoy this absolutely beautiful and meticulously clean property while I worked. I have zero complaints.....the views were amazing, the room (ours was in the original part of the hotel) was renovated and the bathroom was luxurious. The staff was attentive and we especially enjoyed cocktails by the fireplace out back at night. Would love to return and bring the kids for one of the Christmas festivities there.

Room Tip: Make sure and ask for a room with a view if that is important to you, otherwise you may be looking a...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Given the high end reputation of the Broadmoor, my wife and I (along with the other family we stayed with) ended up being severely disappointed in the service we received. While all the employees were very courteous and helpful, it didn't make up for error prone systems that lead to incorrect reservations, incorrect room rates, unauthorized charging of credit cards, and logistical problems, like a requested crib being delivered to the wrong room. While, the employees and managers were quick to apologize for these problems, they were far from helpful in fixing anything.

When you are paying over $400 a night for a room and meals/drinks that are marked up 25-50% over the cost off of the property; one's expectations are obviously higher than normal and in regards to the Boradmoor's supposed "world class service" we left severely disappointed and highly unlikely to return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

This is the second trip in 2 years that my husband and I have taken to the Broadmoor. Both trips have been for conferences, part business, part pleasure. I have loved it both times. I am not normally one who loves big resort type places but the Broadmoor is, in my opinion, the exception. The people, the service, and the grounds are lovely but there is nothing stuffy about the place. This last trip there,during the middle of Oct., we stayed in the main building, which is extremely historic. We stayed on the top floor facing the lake and mountains. Although we did not have a balcony, we were able to open the windows (really?) and get the great mountain air. Also, the bed and linens are so wonderful. We played golf 2 of our 3 three days (east course), I spent an afternoon at the spa, and we had dinner on site every night. The course is lovely, but extremely tough, particularly for women (very long and slick greens) and the spa is wonderful. The restaurants are very nice, good service and great views, but the food could be a little better. However, all in all, I LOVE the Broadmoor!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Having spent many years visiting the Broadmoor for events, brunch and recreation, it was with great anticipation that I brought my family for a three night stay. We stayed in the South Tower in a higher floor room with a view of Colorado Springs and a nice balcony. We queried at check-in about the same room with a mountain view but were advised it would cost $150 additional per night. Considering our room was already $360 per night before taxes, this did not seem like a worthwhile upgrade. All that being said, the Broadmoor lived up to its top rating in nearly all respects. Our room was a fine size for my wife and I with our two children although with grown kids, it would have been tight. All amenities were excellent including a nice Sony sound system which was integrated into the television and all controlled by a digital panel on the bedside table which also opened and closed blinds, dimmed lighting, etc. The bath was probably the high point of the room with a beautiful Jacuzzi tub and glass enclosed shower, two sinks, separate toilet in its own room and flat screen tv adjacent to the bath. We were concerned about a lack of activities due to the fall season but that was unfounded; the indoor pool with outdoor hot tub kept the kids well entertained. The movie theater showed a kid’s film one night which was great fun. And the grounds of the Broadmoor are just beautiful. My only two adverse comments are as follows: (1) the morning paper provided each day was the Colorado Springs Gazette Telegraph, probably the worst newspaper I have ever read in a hotel (think Wall Street Journal-type editorials but written on a third grade level). For this amount of money paid, I think the Broadmoor should be providing the NY Times or at least the Denver Post; (2) I was not overwhelmed by either the quality of food or service when we ate in restaurants at the hotel properties (the golf club dining room and the Tavern). These were the restaurants where we were directed to with our younger kids. Service was particularly slow at the golf club room, even though it was about half full. That being said, the service in the Bar for food and drinks was quick and super-friendly. Also, I have eaten at the finer dining options in the past (Penrose, Charles Court and brunch) and service was always impeccable. So I suspect the best servers are not at the Tavern and Golf Club. I would definitely return to the Broadmoor as a family destination and would recommend it to all.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Broadmoor? Share your experiences!