“Amazing Smoked Salmon” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #23 of 1,081 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Jacksonville, Florida
“Amazing Smoked Salmon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

This place is super quirky and small with an eclectic menu. We sampled several bruschetta, including the BLT, the Brie and Apple and the smoked salmon. They were all good but the salmon was exceptional. They smoke it in house. I highly recommend it. For my lunch I ordered the chicken bahn mi. It was good as sandwiches go but the pickling on the veggies was so subtle it was almost like a regular chicken sandwich with fresh veggies. I expected more acidity. We tried several of the spritzers as beverages and they were all delightful. My favorite was the grapefruit. The service was good, maybe a little slow considering the size if the place but not bad. If I was a local I would be back for sure to try more menu items. My only real complaint about the place was that it was very warm inside. I understand that the weather when I was here was abnormally hot, so maybe it's not an issue most of the time, but it was uncomfortable when I was there.

Visited July 2014

Austin, Texas
“Excellent place...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Family of 4 in town on vacation... came here because of location to hotel and the reviews on TA. We have a teen and small one who is a picky eater and were concerned about everyone being happy... but with help from the waitress we had a great meal. Started with the marinated goat cheese jar - wow! Even the teen loved this one. The bread was amazing. Wife had a good greek mykonos salad and a soup of the day. I had the rue parisienne salad - fried egg on top. We loved it. The kids both were happy with there grilled cheese (Shuga's take on it). Ended with almond butter cake. Great dinner. Place is small and was a bit warm inside... but we loved it.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Overland Park, Kansas
“Good local place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Located in a residential area away from the main drag but not difficult to find. Good food and service, nice outdoor seating. At first we thought it might be more of a bar/drinking place but they have a good menu (and a full bar).

My husband and I had a heavy meal earlier in the day so found some lighter selections on the menu to be just what we needed. Recommend the Brazil shrimp soup. Worth checking out if you're in Colorado Springs. Probably best for adults/couples.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Metairie, Louisiana
“Small menu, but great options”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I was pleasantly surprised to find this little place off the beaten path and in a more residential area. Their food is fresh and creative and the lemon ginger tea is so refreshing and cleansing! We had dinner here, but the place was prepping for some late night music, which I'm sure would have been great. The atmosphere is perfect for drinks with friends and listening to some tunes outside on the patio.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Little Gem off the Beaten Path”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

My BF and I have been to Shuga's on a couple of occasions now. I really like the "off-the-beaten-path" feel of this small, local gem. It is farther south on Tejon - more in a residential section, so don't blink or you'll pass right by. Being from the east coast, it feels like one of those waterside eatery places but with a earthy mountain feel. My BF would HIGHLY recommend the Spicy Brazilian Coconut Shrimp - he drools over this when he thinks about it. We have tried the bruschetta (many varieties) and the last time we tried the Snacker Board (Marinated goat cheese jar sharp cheddar, apple, prosciutto salami, baguette and grilled pita). My go to salad has been the Parisian Ave (Crispy bacon & prosciutto, tomato asparagus, spinach greens, red wine vinaigrette, goat cheese crostini, topped with fried egg). And while the BF has tried a couple of different sandwhiches, he prefers the Roast Beast (Roast beef, shiitake, red onion, horseradish-mayo bleu cheese on toasted kaiser). We also tried the almond cake for dessert which was a delight. Service is kind of laid back but friendly and helpful. It can get crowded - even with a patio out back - so get there early. The ONLY thing I might want to warn you about is that it can be loud - between the music and the people having a good time - but don't let that deter you from going. I HIGHLY recommend!

• Visited June 2014