“Not the Best Way to See Colorado Springs” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Elegante Conference & Event Center

You added Hotel Elegante Conference & Event Center to your Saves list
Hotel Elegante Conference & Event Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2886 South Circle Drive, Colorado Springs, CO 80906 (Formerly Crowne Plaza Colorado Springs)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #55 of 106 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Erie, Pennsylvania
“Not the Best Way to See Colorado Springs”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We arrived Saturday night at COS airport. The shuttle driver was very helpful in teaching us about the area and suggested a few highlights for our short stay. Unfortunately, on Sunday morning we found we were stranded at the hotel which is surrounded by highway and industrial park. No shuttle bus service was available early Sunday. We tried to rent a car but despite the website indicating they had a rental car desk, there was no such desk. Enterprise Rental accepted a reservation (twice - once by phone, once on line) but when we tried to get the car dropped off at the hotel, the local office told us they had no cars available. We asked the front desk to call a cab but after 30-40 minutes we gave up and walked 1.5 miles to a Marriott where we got a cab in less than 15 minutes. If you're going to stay here get a rental car at the airport and don't expect top drawer service from the staff (except for Taylor the shuttle driver). The room was clean and up-to-date. We did not sample the on-site restaurants - they closed while we were waiting on line on Saturday night.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Byron Center, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I stayed at the Hotel Elegante as an extension to a trip taken for a youth conference in Colorado. The hotel is very large. It took a bit to get used to the many twists and turns in the hallways but once we did it was easy getting back and forth to our room. The room was nice and the bed was comfortable. I can't speak to the conference center as I was only there to stay. I did see the facilities and they looked very nice. We had a great breakfast in the lobby restaurant one of the mornings we were there. It was a buffet style and was amply stocked. I would definitely look at staying at the Hotel Elegante if I ever find myself in Colorado Springs again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Highlands Ranch, CO USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed on the Executive Suite Floor (2nd floor) for $126/night, which included free cocktails and snacks for me and my husband as well as a very good full breakfast each morning - yogurts, fruits of all kinds, sausages, bacon, omelets, Belgian waffles, cereals, danish -- excellent value; better food than a chain like Holiday Inn or Quinta Inns, etc. Staff very friendly and eager to make our stay a good one. Only thing we did not like was the fact they allow kids (of any age!) in adult hot tub. They should have a separate hot tub for adults! No babies, no young children allowed. So that makes us question whether or not we would return. We were looking for a nice adult weekend with hot tub and pool to enjoy - minus the kids. Roberto and Steve (chefs on Exec Level) were very personable and engaging with customers. Front desk staff friendly and helpful. Checkout fast!

Room Tip: All travelers should keep voices low when in corridors so not to awake others; people need to close...
Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We got a great deal through Hotel Tonight only $77 on a Friday night. We had stayed here before when it was the Sheraton (was fairly run down and outdated) and was pleasantly surprised at the extensive renovations that have taken place. Our room was on the 2nd floor overlooking the poor area and it was very nice and spacious. The bed was like sleeping on a cloud and we never even noticed any traffic noise from the interstate. The bathroom was also completely remodeled and the vanity area was outside of the shower area which is nice when two people are trying to get ready. We did not eat at the restaurant but heard the food was good from other patrons. There is also a small bar on site which is nice to wind down the evening. If you stayed here before when it was the Sheraton, don't let that keep you from trying it now. All the staff were friendly and helpful and helped make our stay more enjoyable.

Room Tip: I am directionally challenged, but look your room number carefully we had to backtrack twice before...
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I was here for a conference may 23 and 24. The lobby was a very nice surprise after seeing a horrible attempt to paint in SW colors. It looked like a very nice redo.
The room was clean, but couldn't get temperature to cool room to set level.
The hotel is a maze and dark hall colors are depressing.
Paper thin walls....so hope no kids or party people are your neighbors.
Beds are very uncomfortable but pillows probably best I've had anywhere!
Employs are very service oriented! Restaurant is OK, but better food and prices at Village inn a block away!
The surprise was how nice the Conf. Facilities are and their food is top-notch better than the hotels restaurant!
The lower sitting area outside of conference rooms is very nice unless another meeting is going on nearby, then you can't hear anything except the people in the conference rooms!
Overall not bad for the price, but I'd probably go Hampton, Hilton or Marriott for just a bit more.$.A free breakfast would be nice as would a frig. and microwave.
Good attempt to redo but attention to the small details like rusty spots on bottom of doors and messy caulking jobs.
Strong chlorine smell and musty moldy smell around pool area.I think a 3.0 on banquet areas and 2,5 on rooms. I travel a lot and this hotel would be a 4-5 star in 3rd world but not in US

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Jackson, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I stayed at Hotel Elegante' for a conference. It is huge and has many rooms for meetings and a lovely, large ballroom for weddings or large events. It looked very southwestern in style in style (yellowish stucco), which threw me off a little bit, but at second look, I liked it. **Not the traditional bricked outside. Inside, there is a large lobby and enough staff at the front desk that the wait is not long. I really appreciated that every person I talked to at the front was warm, accommodating and genuinely caring. I could not get my wifi connected and a nice young man at the front desk took a long time to get it hooked up and did not rush me, nor act as though I was an inconvenience. There is a restaurant in the hotel called, Rustlers Country Café, and every day that I ate there the staff were all kind and quick. The food was good and reasonably priced.

The rooms are large and the beds comfy and pretty. I really like the layout of the bedroom, it had the sink outside of the bathroom and then a long counter area with a full mirror and several outlets for charging multiple electronics. This was a great extra area.

Overall, two-thumbs up. I would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Ok, let's be direct. The hotel is a renovated building with a very unique layout, but the people that work here are some of the most pleasant and helpful hotel personnel I have ever met. They really try to go above and beyond. I can't say enough good about them. They were awesome !

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Elegante Conference & Event Center? Share your experiences!