“Exceeded expectations. ” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Elegante Conference & Event Center

You added Hotel Elegante Conference & Event Center to your Saves list
Hotel Elegante Conference & Event Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2886 South Circle Drive, Colorado Springs, CO 80906 (Formerly Crowne Plaza Colorado Springs)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #57 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
“Exceeded expectations. ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

After reading some reviews, I was a bit leery of this hotel,but we'd already purchased a night thru Priceline's "express deal."

Upon arrival and thereafter we were continually impressed.

Our room was clean and nice. My only suggestion would be to use curtains that block all light from sliding glass door. It was quiet.

The restaurant was nice and had a good breakfast buffet. Ala carte is also available for a reasonable price. The wait staff was knowledgable, friendly and accommodating. We are avoiding gluten so I was surprised and excited to see gf bread as an option for lunch. Also I got a kids meal for free with the purchase of adult entree. Yay!

Check out is 11 am which I find very early, but I was allowed a later checkout.

The cleaning staff was friendly and sweet, but a woman I believe to be in housekeeping management needed a bit more tact and graciousness.

I loved the display of the 10 commandments.

Stayed October 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I've spent about 2 weeks here over the past 3 months and I'll keep coming back. The room rates are very competitive (look to discount sites, not their website), the service meets all expectations, it's location is great (near a bunch of restaurants, a Target and the movie theater) and there are a bunch of amenities right in the hotel. They're very military friendly. The fitness center is rather spacious and well-apportioned with free weights, a bow flex, Cardo equipment and a variety of machines. The breakfast buffet is better than most with lots of fresh fruit. You may be thrown off by the appearance of some staff who seem underdressed for a hotel that bills itself as 4-star, but their service is exceptional and they're very friendly. The only downside is that it's huge and very easy to get lost at first.

Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2015

My family and I stayed down here for just one night. It was a good value for the area. Lots of amenities that my kids loved like the indoor pool and playground. We had no problems and i would recommend it as a nice place to stay in the Springs'. Very good value for what we paid. Only a few miles from downtown as well.

Stayed January 2015
Fountain, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2015

If you want to swim might as well forget it unless its in the summer,,,pool is freezing and hot tub too. Would be nice if breakfast was included like most hotels but its not. Other than that the hotel was pretty nice and I love the ten commandments in the front of the building

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Denver
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2015

Hotel is super big (500 rooms) and we were put in the far South Wing, quiet, but far from lobby, pool and elevators. Very nice staff. However, we found two bottles of spit filled tobacco in our room. Housekeeping leaves something to be desired!

Indoor pools are nice amenities, but we asked maintenance to clear the scum floating on the top layer if the hot tub.

Cleanliness: 2
Service: 3
Comfy beds: 4

Stayed January 2015
Colorado Springs, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2015

How very sad!! Yes, much cheaper and it shows. Basically a place to stay off I 25. A typical nondescript conference center. Beds great but décor, bathrooms (no fan/heater?) substandard. The hallway carpeting had my husband in a laughing fit. Basically way outdated. hot tub was great but indoor pool area was freezing! advertise play area for kids? 3 and under only. too bad 4 year olds. Dining menu was basic Village Inn with not 1 person eating. Perhaps the few people staying there went to the Broadmoor? Also charged us more than online reservation price and would NOT honor our reservation price.

Stay across the street at the Sheraton for $10.00 more and then drive up to the Broadmoor and compare for yourself.

Room Tip: sorry can't think of anything. Maybe..stay somewhere else
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Mead, Colorado, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2014

This is the 2nd time I have stayed at this hotel. I stayed 2 nights. The room was clean and the bed was wonderful. The rooms are on the larger size. I had a 2 bed queen. We also used a hospitality suite. The staff was very helpful and kept us fully stocked in glassware. We got food for the suite and it was very good. The Blue cheese was top notch. We had a catered dinner the first night and the food was on the better side of hotel food. Once again the staff was good. The only thing I could complain about is the sliding glass door in my room. It is time to replace them. It was secure but leaked cold air in to the room. The rooms have been updated in the recent past but the tub could use a little TLC. I will stay here again.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Elegante Conference & Event Center? Share your experiences!