“How it works is a mystery..” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Elegante Conference & Event Center

Save Saved
You added Hotel Elegante Conference & Event Center to your Saves list
Hotel Elegante Conference & Event Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2886 South Circle Drive, Colorado Springs, CO 80906 (Formerly Crowne Plaza Colorado Springs)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #59 of 105 hotels in Colorado Springs
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
“How it works is a mystery..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

when I was first told I would be going to Hotel Elegante I had doubt. The name was almost tongue in cheek knowing the five star Broadmoor Resort was five minutes away. Ignoring the overdone entrance on Circle and the name, the surprise was how warm and friendly the staff and place is. Everyone was accommodating. We went to lunch and the staff person did not know what wine the restaurant had. The eating utensils were wrapped in paper napkins. Still, the food was great! The prices are reasonable. i would simply encourage a smile for the staff and letting them know they are wonderful. Easy to overlook eccentric decor when the people are so great and the food is wonderful.

Room Tip: Try to be on a higher floor facing west.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

117 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Polk City, Iowa, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We were there for a conference. It is a large hotel with an eat-in restaurant, bar, and snack shop. We enjoyed the outdoor and indoor pools. Beds were comfortable and rooms were nice but we did not have good maid service. When we said something they said they were undergoing staff changes. Nonetheless, our stay went well. We only had the buffet breakfast in the restaurant and it was good. Very close to restaurants, stores, gas, and the main expressway through Colorado Springs.

Room Tip: We had adjoining rooms which helped with our children. We combined business with pleasure for this t...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I bought this stay via priceline and was disappointed I got it based on Tripadvisor reviews. I have no idea what people are talking about with the bad reviews.

It's a big massive property. I'm kinda fussy when it comes to hotels but this place was good.

The beds were very comfortable and the room was clean.

And I have got to say the place has the friendliest housekeeping staff of any hotel I've ever been. I got lost a few times and while searching for room all the staff greeted me and one housekeeper offered to take me to my room. I wish I got her name.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Room was nice and clean. Front desk service pleasant. Couldn't believe that "Marica", the "room attendant", disposed of a bottle of water from my room along with the wifi password slip left on the desk. I stay in hotels a lot and have never had this happen. To make matters worse the telephone in he room didn't work forcing me to return to the front desk. I just had to sign up to share this.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Sugar Land, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is a huge complex with several pools (indoors and outdoors). Some of the outdoor staircases needed repair but over all this is a very nice hotel with plenty to keep one busy and only a block from the freeway. Many of the rooms have outdoor balconies that over look the outdoor pool. It was very quiet when the sliding door was closed. The rooms are nice, clean and well maintained.

Room Tip: Ask to be near the outdoor pool if you want to swim or watch children who do. Ask to be near the ind...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Austin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is a very large facility in a somewhat dicey part of town off the interstate. The Ten Commandments monolith at the entrance is interesting, if you like that sort of thing. Checkin was easy and our room was decent -- nice beds, clean, nothing fancy.

What really threw me off was at 9:30pm on our second night, the front desk called and told me they needed to swipe my credit card for "incidentals" RIGHT AWAY. (They forgot to do this at checkin, and somehow they couldn't figure out how to just run the card with the room service I had ordered earlier.) I explained that it was late, I was in my pajamas, and I would take care of it in the morning. She was rude, almost threatening, and said I had to do it NOW!!!

So, I got dressed and marched the 1000 feet or so through the sprawling corridors to the front desk so they could fix their mistake, which apparently had to happen at THEIR convenience, not mine. I was angry about this and did not sleep well.

I do NOT recommend this hotel, because (1) the staff was rude, and (2) my booking service has this as a 3.5 star hotel, which it clearly isn't.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Tucson, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed at the property for a cheap hotel and that is what this property is. The property is tired and shows its age. Hotel was full with several events so housekeeping was challenged to get to the room and had to be requested when they did not show. Stayed for four nights and while the rate was cheap, room was decent, would likely not return.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Elegante Conference & Event Center? Share your experiences!