“Took some time getting a room but pleased with stay.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Elegante Conference & Event Center

You added Hotel Elegante Conference & Event Center to your Saves list
Hotel Elegante Conference & Event Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2886 South Circle Drive, Colorado Springs, CO 80906 (Formerly Crowne Plaza Colorado Springs)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #58 of 107 Hotels in Colorado Springs
jackson, mo
“Took some time getting a room but pleased with stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

We booked the room through Priceline. When we arrived at the hotel, they said there was no way we could have reserved a room as they were full. After an hour of them talking to Priceline, they somehow got us a room. We were very pleased with the room. Queens beds, very comfortable beds! Clean room, nice. Our boys really liked the outdoor pool with the water fall.

Room Tip: If you plan to swim outside, get a room that faces outdoor pool. Can go right out your back door to...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Ed O, General Manager at Hotel Elegante Conference & Event Center, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear blw0808,

Thank you for taking time to write a review from your recent stay here at Hotel Eleganté with your family!

So wonderful to hear of your pleasure in the guest rooms- along with the upgraded 13.5” Simmons Beautyrest mattresses, the cleanliness of the hotel, and the enjoyment from the Outdoor Pool activities! It is unfortunate to hear about your lengthy check-in process during one of our sold-out evenings, however I am very pleased to hear we were able to host your family and contribute to an excellent stay with us.

We hope to see you return to our hotel in the near future!

Ed Okvath

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Warrenville, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

We arrived at 6:30pm and we were told our room wasn't ready yet. (Check in we confirmed was at 3pm). Then our experience continued to go downhill by being given rooms keys that didn't work, then once they corrected, they were to a room that was already occupied. We were traveling with 2 children under 5 and had to haul our luggage and kids around trying to get keys to a room that wasn't occupied. We requested to speak to a manager, but we were told one was not available and they were not sure when they would be.
Room booked for 4 people, but only given 3 bath towels. When we called to request another it took 2 calls and over 4 hours to bring. They finally knocked on the door at almost 10pm with it.
Dinner order in restaurant on site, kids meals came quickly which we appreciated, but our kids were done eating and the waitress came to apologize that she forgot to enter our order and it would be awhile because I requested my burger to be cooked medium well.
I understand mishaps and human error, but at no point were we offered anything for our continued inconvenience or even given a chance to speak with management.
We will be staying elsewhere on our next visit.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Ed O, General Manager at Hotel Elegante Conference & Event Center, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear blw0808,

Thank you for your review of our hotel during your stay here with your family.

I would like to sincerely apologize for the multiple service issues which you encountered during your recent stay with us. We understand that your guest room was not prepared in a timely manner for your 3:00 p.m. check-in and when the room was ready, the room was still lacking in several items (towels). This, along with the time it took to remedy this error, is unacceptable and provides for a less-than-comfortable stay. Please know that this type of oversight is in no way permissible and we realize that your experience was compromised due to these errors.

Again, thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. I personally apologize that your stay was not 100% satisfactory and hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be as we value your business. We sincerely hope that you will consider another opportunity to allow us to better serve you in the near future and show you how great this hotel can be!

Dubuque, Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

The hotel is big - I had lots of walking to do for this conference, as my room was clear across the hotel. The staff was friendly, but not always as helpful as possible. For example, when we checked in, we got a cart for our luggage and pushed it to our room. Unfortunately, our room was clear across the hotel! Later we found that we could've driven around and been right by our room (though we would've had to carry our luggage upstairs). Bad internet connection: I tried several times to use my laptop in my room, but it didn't work. I called the front desk, and a guy came and tried to help, but it didn't work. My laptop worked the night before at a different hotel, and the night after at a different hotel; so it was this hotel's issue (not my laptop). The room was quite clean! However, a bunch of crackers (or the like) were spilled on the hallway floor on the first day of my stay... two days later, they were still all over the floor! A ceiling tile in my room was knocked partially off, and hanging there. And the curtains in the room didn't close properly; so the light shined in early in the morning!
A nice view of the mountains, from our room's deck!
Overall, though... fairly nice hotel; clean room; bad internet connection; good price.

Room Tip: If you want internet connection, room 2214 might not be the best. However, you do get a view of the...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear S_Arthur_Johnson,

Thank you for your recent review of our “big” Hotel during your stay in Colorado Springs.

You are correct in that the hotel boasts 500 Guest Rooms and 50,000 square feet of meeting space, making us the 2nd largest hotel and conference center in the city. While it would have been prudent to inform you of the quickest way to get to your guest room (to include direct driving routes for outside access), I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the cleanliness of your room and the friendliness of our staff.

Currently, we are in the process of relocating several of the hotel’s WIFI access points from the exterior of the hotel to new locations which will provide 10x faster connectivity and maintain an exponentially higher bandwidth than previous. However, we have experienced some challenges during the installation process- to include your concerns mentioned. While this history does not change the problems you encountered, I hope it does serve to explain a bit of what transpired in this instance.

Again, I appreciate the comments you mentioned as we are always looking to identify specific concerns and immediately remedy these in order to provide improved service in the future! Thank you for your feedback and I would hope to welcome you back to Hotel Eleganté in the future!

Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We stayed at this hotel last week for 4 days while in town for a tae kwondo tournament. I booked this hotel through Priceline, not knowing what hotel I was getting. To be honest, when it isn't a chain hotel, I lower my expectations significantly. I was pleasantly surprised. This is actually a very nice hotel. The room and beds were good and very clean. It actually looks like the professional pictures, which is unusual.

There are a lot of restaurant choices very near by the hotel. One night, we got back late so I got a take-out order from the hotel restaurant (the steakhouse). My child got the cheese pizza, which he said was good. I got a hamburger and fries. The hamburger was very good but fries were soggy (probably from the pickle) by the time I walked back to the room (less than 5 minutes). Not that big of a deal.

Parking was a little bit of an issue because some 18 wheelers were parked near my room, taking at least 5-6 spaces each with their trailers. I don't know if it is like that all the time but I talked with the front desk and they were able to free up a couple of spaces. Hopefully, they can find a better solution for the parking.

The other issue was that when I was getting out of the tub, I put my hand on tub faucet to steady myself and because the caulking had failed/broke, the faucet started to slide off the pipe. It's an easy fix, of course.

Despite these little things, let me be clear - this is not a junky hotel, it is very nice. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Maria M,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel over your trip to Colorado Springs for the Taekwondo Tournament. I am glad to hear of your excellent experience during your time with us and that you were “pleasantly surprised” by the quality afforded at a non-chain hotel.

As our hotel is centrally-located, we are surrounded by many restaurants and entertainment options including a movie theater, shopping center, and sports park. However, our three hotel restaurants take great pride in the convenience of providing excellent food and service within our walls to further enhance each guest’s experience. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed the food in our restaurant, along with the clean and spacious guest rooms during your visit.

Regarding the bathtub faucet and parking challenges, I appreciate you mentioning these small concerns and I will look into immediate remedies for these issues. Again, thank you for reviewing our property and your helpful comments. The next time you visit Colorado Springs, for business or pleasure, we would be delighted to welcome you back to Hotel Eleganté!

Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

stayed here with Priceline. I'm a little annoyed that this is considered a 3.5 star hotel. It's not. No fridge. No microwave. No breakfast. Although apparently some rooms have a fridge and micro, don't expect them with a Priceline rate. Wish I could give 2.5 stars.

Good central location. Front desk staff is friendly. Bedding is fine. King rooms are a nice size. Pool areas seem adequate though I wasn't interested in using them. Young kids would be happy with them, not teens.

Housekeeping leaves a LOT to be desired. Dog hairs plentiful on carpet. Room was barely fixed up when we returned from the day. Many areas of the hotel look worn out, dated, tired.

For $70 it was an ok deal, wish I'd paid less. In the future I'm not putting in anything less than 4 stars in Priceline again. This is a very popular place for large groups, conventions and especially families with very young kids. Do not come here for a romantic/quiet couples getaway.

Room Tip: Get an upper floor room facing away from elevators, road and pool areas if you want quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear abster70,

Thank you for your recent review of our property. While we truly appreciate your kind mention of our central location, friendly staff, nice room size, and adequate pool areas, we are disappointed to hear that your recent visit did not exceed your expectations.

As to your guest room, we have addressed the reported lack of cleanliness during your stay as well as the dog hairs on the carpet. We sincerely apologize for this lapse in complete cleanliness and are working to improve in the future.

Thank you again for your feedback on areas in which we need to improve on and where we are doing well. We hope to see you back with us in the future!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

Large hotel and pretty nice, but after driving 11 hours straight to get here for a family vacation, the b indoor pool is closed?? This is the only reason we chose your hotel, because having both an indoor and outdoor pool, so that t would accommodate any weather situation. It's cool and rainy, and we can't swim indoors? Seems like a waste of a nights hotel stay as we could have went elsewhere. Aside from that, it is a wet large hotel, but pretty nice. Rooms are a bit small, but beds are comfortable.Noticed they do allow kids to eat free with adult meal purchase, but it's only 1 per adult...2 per adult would have made it much better.

• Stayed June 2014
Ed O, General Manager at Hotel Elegante Conference & Event Center, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Dear Jason M,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us during your family vacation to Colorado! We are glad you enjoyed your guest room during your stay with us, along with the majority of the hotel’s amenities and offerings.

Apologies for the closure of the Indoor Pool on Monday during your stay. Unfortunately, the Pool required an unexpected cleaning to take place at this time in order to maintain the high standard of cleanliness which we offer to our guests. I understand that your stay surrounded the fact that we have both and Indoor Pool as well as an Outdoor Pool, and I truly hope you were able to enjoy the Outdoor Pool on this day after the afternoon showers had passed. Additionally, we are glad you enjoyed the offering of complimentary breakfast for your children in the hotel restaurant.

Again, thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the near future for another getaway to Hotel Eleganté!

Erie, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

The restaurant manager went out of his way to provide foods and menu choices to make service speedy and efficient for our conference. Kudos. Above and beyond to accommodate needs of guests for dietary needs.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Yevet,

Thank you for your recent review about your dining experience here at Hotel Eleganté during your conference.

We take great pride in the excellent service from our staff here at our hotel and everyone desires to make each guests’ stay personally satisfying. I am glad to hear that you were pleased with the quality of the food, the helpfulness of the staff, and the extra effort to accommodate dietary requests.

Please come back and visit us again on your next trip to Colorado!
Take Care,

Ed Okvath

Been to Hotel Elegante Conference & Event Center? Share your experiences!