Wanted to splurge and experience a 3-star hotel. We don't usually go this expensive--there was a $35 dog fee (!) so the total was almost $150 for 1 night. The room itself was Gorgeous--large, well equipped with an almost-full size fridge in the kitchenette. The room - at first glance - was clean and smelled fresh. We settled in and unpacked, laid on the beds and checked the tv channels. It wasn't until a couple hours later, when my husband went to plug in his laptop, that we noticed something....black spots on the wall behind the nightstand! Moving! Our first thought was [shudder] bedbugs. But on closer inspection it turned out they were Ants! Teeny, Biting ANTS! When my husband informed the desk clerk, the man wasn't surprised--said oh yeah, it's the season for ants. He only had 1 room left and was alone so couldn't send anyone to look at the problem. So we packed everything up and moved from room 137 to room 140 -- across the hall and a couple doors down. My husband conducted an 'ant inspection' before we moved.
I had bite marks on my hand and felt 'crawly' all the rest of the stay. Did Not make for a pleasant night!
The only other annoyance was - there is no ice machine in the hotel. The desk clerk told us that is because the fridges have ice-makers. Which they do. Of course the ice-maker is off when you arrive, so you have to wait. And wait.... We had about 6 ice cubes after a couple hours so the desk clerk did give us a small amount of ice he produced from somewhere in a room behind the desk. We ended up buying a bag of ice at a grocery store nearby.
All in all--NOT a great experience and not worth the extra money! Would NOT go back or recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Elegante Conference & Event Center features 500 rooms and suites and has undergone a multi-million dollor renovation which includes all-new 13" Simmons BeautyRest mattresses in ALL rooms, the addition of a Starbuck's "We Proudly Brew" Sweet Tooth and Blue Bell Ice Cream parlor. Our rooms feature Bath and Body works amenities and Starbuck's coffee. Enjoy our children's playground featuring the Fun Zone for all ages. Get fit in our 24 hour fitness center and new Sports Court featuring tennis, pickleball, volleyball and basketball. Our Patio Bar is now open with outdoor seating and fireplace. In addition, there are two pools, one indoor and one outdoor. The hotel's newly themed restaurants include Rustler's Country Cafe - Steak & Seafood, and Rawhide Sports Bar. Hotel Elegante Conference & Event Center is a premier Colorado Springs meeting and event location with 50,000 sq. ft. of meeting space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Hotel Elegante Conference & Event Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Colorado Springs Hotel Colorado Springs
- Colorado Springs Crowne Plaza