“Really disappointing” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Elegante Conference & Event Center

Save Saved
You added Hotel Elegante Conference & Event Center to your Saves list
Hotel Elegante Conference & Event Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2886 South Circle Drive, Colorado Springs, CO 80906 (Formerly Crowne Plaza Colorado Springs)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #59 of 105 hotels in Colorado Springs
Austin, Texas
“Really disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

Upon check-in, I was excited to have the opportunity to stay at this hotel. Check-in was smooth and the service was tremendous. The lobby is big and beautiful, lots to do for guests and families. I also was impressed with the room, the television, availability of parking and the hotel's access to the freeway.

Compliments end there. I was awakened every night of my 3 night stay with drunk people and a dog that barked uninterrupted for 6 hours. No one at the property acted to handle the noise to my knowledge. The hotel is on the border of a bad area of Colorado Springs and I think that some of the guests were a bit suspicious. I also was dismayed over the fact that in the morning, there were rocks put in place to hold the side doors open--the side doors that would require room key entry. I hate to say it, but I think the hotel management is fighting a battle to populate the rooms but unfortunately it may be allowing in the wrong type of guests.

Finally, I was really taken aback when I came back to my room after housekeeping had cleaned. The room looked like someone had interrupted the woman who was prepping the room. The bed was halfway made, one of the pillows was thrown on the floor. Little was cleaned, but it was obvious someone had been in the room.

I'll be avoiding this hotel and that's unfortunate because it really could be a special place if they fixed the issues.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Ed O, General Manager at Hotel Elegante Conference & Event Center, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Dear BBart40,

Thank you for your recent review of our property. I appreciate the comments you mentioned as we are always looking to identify specific concerns and immediately remedy these in order to provide improved service in the future!

I have to agree with you that we take great pride in the excellent service from our staff here at our hotel; service is indeed “tremendous” and everyone desires to make each guests’ stay personally satisfying. Also, I am glad to hear that you were pleased with the quality of the hotel, the recent updates of the facilities and the rooms, the amenities and activities offered here, and the complimentary parking. As I mentioned, we are very proud of our hotel and its ample offerings to each of our guests!

Unfortunately, it appears that your visit was spoiled by some unfortunate encounters– which I truly apologize for. While we cannot control the character of each of our guests we do strive to monitor all behavior in the hotel ensuring each guest feels respected and each guest’s experience is pleasurable. Regarding the disturbance from the dog, we have identified the source of the error and are working to immediately remedy this concern going forward. Finally, I have addressed the Housekeeping concern on your room not being properly serviced each day.

Again, thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. I personally apologize that your stay was not 100% satisfactory and hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be as we value your business. We sincerely hope that you will consider another opportunity to allow us to better serve you in the near future and show you how great this hotel can be!

Best Regards,

Mr. Ed Okvath

117 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
colorado springs, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

I was able to enjoy a weekend at the hotel with my 6 yr old daughter. Between the great and comfortable room, ...swimming pool and play area fun....ice cream shop, candy shop and yummy pizza....and the overall great service we received, we really didn't want to leave to check out the other local spots. The hotel was great and service great .....the two most important things. Oh, cleanliness to....most important.
The hotel was spacious and I've known colleagues to do events at this hotel. The events and meetings have been great with unique food and decor ....an great ambience.
Recent renovations have taken place and they are all A+.

Room Tip: Ask for a loft room by pool. It is crazy how quiet the halls are and Area. Really like that!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Ed O, General Manager at Hotel Elegante Conference & Event Center, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear woodsjwo-329,

Thank you for letting us know about enjoyable stay with us at our hotel. We are pleased to hear that you and your daughter had a great experience and that we had met all of your needs. We are also glad to hear you taking notice in our recent renovations. The hotel staff takes pride in what we do and be sure to share your comments with them. Thanks again.
Until next time “Happy Travels”,

Ed Okvath – General Manager
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

My fiance and I stayed in the Elegante on a sunday night after booking through a priceline deal. The staff was curteous, the hotel was clean and presentable. We enjoyed our room, which had interior sliding doors that opened out to the pool area. The location was great right off the highway. We planned our dinner and evening events around the use of the hottub that night. When we went to check it out, it was cold! Besides that, it was a nice stay and I would recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: The interior pool facing rooms are cool if you have kids. They also are loud if you dont have kids...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Ed O, General Manager at Hotel Elegante Conference & Event Center, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear Travelling_Willburry,

Thank you for joining us over the weekend and taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the pool access from your room, however are disappointed that the hot tub was too cold. We have addressed this issue with our Engineering department to ensure that it is always at a comfortable temperature.

Again we appreciate your feedback to let us know what we are doing correctly and what we can improve on. Thank you for recommending our hotel to others.

Cheyenne, Wyoming
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

I recently stayed at the Hotel Elegante in Colorado Springs. I thought the site was relatively nice, but I was double billed for a single night stay. I have made a number of calls, speaking with the frontr desk, the accountant and the hotel manager and yet, the issue is not resolved. I keep getting the same general excuse that my refund has been processed and the hold up is with my credit card company. That seems very unlikely. Additionally, I ordered breakfast in my room, which was delivered an hour late bacause my order was misplaced. Sad.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Ed O, General Manager at Hotel Elegante Conference & Event Center, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear Mark S.,

It is unfortunate that your stay with us was spoiled due to a billing error, which prevented you from fully enjoying your stay at the hotel.

Although it may seem unlikely in your mind, I truly can personally assure you that the mistaken double charge has been remedied from the hotel’s accounting and you should see a refund onto your card statement no later than Friday of this week based on your banking institution. Additionally, I do apologize about the lack of timeliness with the room service order you placed during your stay and I will immediately address this concern myself. Your comments, feedback, and ultimate satisfaction in the resolution of this error are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

We hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the near future.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

Went to two different banquets/balls at the Elegante. Wonderful staff and the food was fantastic. It probably has the biggest and nicest ballroom in Colorado Springs. If you are looking for a place to hold a reception, banquet or military ball, this is a great venue for the money!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear DonW1969,

Thank you so much for the wonderful response about your experience at our hotel! It is so rewarding to read these comments from our guests as our team is committed to delivering the best experience possible and it starts with exceptional service.

You are correct in that we do have the 2nd largest Ballroom in Colorado Springs which can accommodate over 1,000 Guests for a Banquet in the beautiful Colorado Grand Ballroom! Whether Military Ball, National Convention, Corporate Meeting, Intimate Wedding, Quinceañera, or a personal overnight stay the entirety of the staff prides themselves on catering to the uniquely personalized needs of each and every guest to create a great experience!

Thank you again and we sincerely hope to see you soon for a visit as you are always welcome at Hotel Eleganté!
Warmly,

Richardson, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

We stayed here for a night and had booked our tickets via Priceline for $40 a night. The hotel is co-located with a conference and event center and it was quite busy on new years eve when we stayed there. The hotel was noisy but we got a room away from all the noise.

The rooms were clean. However, the hotel is a maze and quite some walk to the room with lots of guests searching for their room. The front desk provides a map which is very much needed.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Ed O, Manager at Hotel Elegante Conference & Event Center, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear Knisah,

We appreciate your time in writing a review about our hotel. Thank you for staying with us during our New Years Eve Celebration. We are glad that you enjoyed our clean rooms while getting away from the noise. We would like to apologize that you had a long walk to the room. We are excited to announce that we will be getting touch screen T.V.’s with maps placed in our public areas to find their rooms easier in addition to our maps that we hand out.

Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you for our upcoming events.
Morrison, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights to attend an event at the Broadmoor Hotel. The rooms were clean and the beds were very comfortable, but the room was very cold. It took awhile for the room to heat up - it was actually a few hours with the thermostat set at 78 degrees. The whole hotel was very cold. The lobby area is very nice with a fireplace and bar. There is also a full service restaurant and a snack shop. One thing that I felt would have been a nice touch was to have free coffee or tea available in the lobby - it seems most hotels do this, so I noticed that this one didn't. The desk informed me of the free shuttle service they provide. I thought it was only for airport runs, but they shuttled us back from our event, and were there when they said they would be. Phil, our driver was extremely friendly and knowledgeable about the area. It was a really nice perk to have that offered! Overall, the stay was comfortable once the room warmed up. I would have no problem staying there again.

Room Tip: There are inside rooms that circle the pool area, and outside rooms that have sliding glass doors to...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Ed O, General Manager at Hotel Elegante Conference & Event Center, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Dear djraad,

Thank you for writing us a review so we can make changes and discuss ideas such as having tea or coffee in the lobby area. We let Phil know that he did a great job in accommodating you and are glad we could help with your transportation. We would like to apologize about the room taking too long heat up and have addressed this with our maintenance department. We are glad that despite the room being cold, you enjoyed the restaurant, snack shop, and had a comfortable stay with us.

Again thank you for providing us with valuable feedback and we look forward to seeing you again!

Been to Hotel Elegante Conference & Event Center? Share your experiences!