“Very accommodating staff, great service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Elegante Conference & Event Center

Save Saved
You added Hotel Elegante Conference & Event Center to your Saves list
Hotel Elegante Conference & Event Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2886 South Circle Drive, Colorado Springs, CO 80906 (Formerly Crowne Plaza Colorado Springs)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #56 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Greenville, Texas
“Very accommodating staff, great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

Because of the Texas ice storm on Dec.2013, I was stuck at this hotel for 4 nights. For me--it was a very pleasant experience. The room was comfortable, housekeeping provided whatever I needed, front desk was very helpful, the restaurant food was delish and the staff was kind, the bar had good happy hours and food, the hotel drivers took me where I needed to go (movies, church, shopping), they have a business center and gym--- and everyone was so kindness. I consider myself to have been "stuck" here, I didn't feel inconvenienced.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Ed O, General Manager at Hotel Elegante Conference & Event Center, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Dear Angie D,

We are very glad to hear that although you were stuck in Colorado Springs, that you had a comfortable stay with us. We have shared this great service feedback with our staff and especially thanked our housekeeping staff and restaurant staff! Here at the Hotel Elegante we want to ensure that all of our guests feel like family have access to a variety of amenities!

We hope to see you in the near future and hope that the weather gives you better luck!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

We have a rather large family so it was so nice to be able to actually relax this Thanksgiving instead of cooking and cleaning. The staff at the Hotel Elegante did a wonderful job. The room was set up beautifully the food was amazing and abundant. I have never seen such a variety of cheese in one place before. You are able to eat anything from breakfast to a full on turkey dinner with all the trappings. The desserts available ranged from hard candies to wonderful pies and everything in between and beyond. The food was delicious the views were amazing and the wait staff was gracious and courteous! Would definitely return for other events and to just stay the night.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear RonWhiteArtist,

Thank you for joining us for our Thanksgiving brunch. We are so happy that we could accommodate you and your family’s needs. It is always our goal to go above and beyond for service at our hotel and will keep up the good work! We are having our Christmas Brunch this year and hoping to see the same success.

Thank you again and we hope to see you at one of our next events!
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

We are relatively new Colorado Springs residents who wondered where to go for Thanksgiving Brunch. We are very happy we chose the Hotel Elegante.brunch. The view of the mountains was incredible from the banquet room, and the room was quiet and elegantly appointed. The food was delicious. The variety was incredible - a full breakfast bar, the traditional T'Giving foods, an excellent salad bar with a fine variety of cheeses and breads, and delicious sauces for the ham and turkey at the carving station, a more than sufficient dessert table, and a mini-bar for those who desired alcohol. The abundant staff was attentive. They cleared away used dishes immediately, kept the coffee cups and water glasses filled, and they all cheerfully wished us a Happy Thanksgiving. I will highly recommend this lovely buffet to others. An added bonus was the discount for senior citizens, starting generously at age 55. Thank you, staff of Hotel Elegante!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Ed O, General Manager at Hotel Elegante Conference & Event Center, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear Deb746,

We are delighted that you got to experience the Hotel Elegante for Thanksgiving Brunch while enjoying the beautiful view of the mountains. Thank you for your kind words about our staff, it is our goal that all of our guests feel welcomed and at home! We’ve posted your comment for those who worked Thanksgiving to read about them.

Again thank you for taking the time to review us we hope to see you again soon!
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

I recently stayed here, and couldn't quite figure out what to make of the place. A friend booked the room, so I had no idea what to expect. It's far from a 3.5 star hotel, but it's trying hard to come across as one. I imagine that the conference and event center are a good portion of the business, as the hotel is just a little odd.
When I arrived late in the evening to check in, there were a number of mildly suspicious looking characters just kind of hanging out in front of the hotel. I didn't think too much of it, at first. By the time we had gotten checked in and to the room, I had seen such a bizarre cross section of people in the lobby and halls that I couldn't quite figure out who the hotel was trying to cater to or what their "brand" really was. It's way nicer than a basic mid grade hotel, but nowhere near a high end hotel. The "Chill Zone" in the lobby, for example, is basically just some tables and chairs with a TV or two where you can get pub food and drinks, but not actually be in the lobby bar. And the McDonalds style kiddie play area just off the lobby is a nice feature I guess. I've just never been in a hotel like this before.
The rooms are actually pretty nice and very clean. They look as if they were recently remodeled. Although we practically needed a GPS to get us to our room, as the hotel is huge and the signage could use a little work to guide you from the lobby to some of the farthest out rooms.
The staff was nice enough, and the shuttle driver was pleasant.
I just found the place to be a little odd.

Room Tip: Lots of activity around the lobby and conference area, so if you are there strictly for the hotel, r...
Dear Colorado Highlander,

While we truly appreciate your kind mention of our clean rooms and friendly staff, we are disappointed to hear that your recent visit did not exceed your expectations and feeling that our place felt a little odd. We will continue to work on making our Chill Zone more accommodating for all of our guests. Your comments have been shared with our team and especially our security department in regards to the suspicious looking people outside of our hotel. That is not the image we wish to come across as and will work hard to improve to that. We will also work on updating our signs and having our staff guide our guests to appropriate directions since it is such a large hotel.
Thank you again for your feedback on where we need to improve on and where we are doing well. We hope you will reconsider a future stay with us.
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Let me start off with full disclosure. I booked this hotel on Priceline. I put in 3.5 stars in Manitou/Colorado Springs because I was hoping to book The Lodge at Garden of the Gods, since my husband and I were visiting Garden of the Gods that day. What I booked instead, was Hotel Elegante. I don't consider myself a hotel snob, but maybe I am. We pulled up outside and the hotel looks like a giant sized Taco Bell. My husband just looked at me like "is this a joke?" It was pretty funny. I said "Let's not judge, maybe it's nice inside!" and the lobby area is ok. Nothing special, but what you would expect for a three star hotel. We got our room key and it went downhill from there. The hotel is pretty big and maze-like. The hallways seem to go on forever and are really dark. Our first hotel room was 2136 and was no more than a two star room. On our way to the room, we noticed that the hotel looked very dated, a little shabby, and a little dirty. There was quite a bit of settling or water damage on the popcorn ceilings, it might have been from the recent flooding. We got to our room and it also looked very dated, with rips in the ceiling, rips in the wallpaper, hairs in the sink/vanity, the thermostat broken, and the room generally looking a little gross. My husband looks around and says "I am going to call Cheyenne Mountain Lodge and book it for the night." I felt pretty bad because it was supposed to be a special night for his birthday. I knew that we would be spending next to no time in the room, so I asked him if I could just call the front desk and ask them to switch rooms for us, which they did immediately. The front desk staff came up with another room key for us and two free passes to the breakfast buffet, which was a nice gesture. They could NOT have been nicer, both the woman that took my call initially and the woman who brought the key up. I was very impressed with how sweet they both were, especially considering that it wouldn't be very pleasant to have to deal with someone who was unhappy with the room (although I was nice about it). Our next room was 2050. This was a solid three star room and my husband was fine with it since we weren't going to be spending but an hour or so in the room, plus sleeping time. It was clean and in good shape. There were only 4 pillows for the king size and no comforter. . . the linen set up was a little weird and not very comfortable, but not that big deal. The next morning we got up and checked out the buffet. It was pretty small and unappetizing . . . but we had already sat down so we felt kind of guilty leaving right away, and after all, it was free. We barely ate a thing and ended up eating breakfast elsewhere, but again, the restaurant staff was very polite and kind. The indoor pool was very small as well. I hate to rip on this hotel because I thought the staff tried really hard and there is not much they can do about the appearance of the hotel. IF I had known going in that this was really a 2 1/2- 3 star hotel; I wouldn't have been minded. However, my husband and I have traveled extensively and I have no idea what would make this a 3.5 star hotel. I have now learned never to put in less than a 4 star hotel rating on Priceline. If you are looking for a quick/cheap getaway for the family or business, this isn’t a bad place to stay. However, if you are looking for something a little nicer for a romantic getaway, this hotel will surely disappoint.

Dear PrincessBubblegum197,

We are pleased to hear that you gave us a chance, despite the first impression of the outside appearance of our hotel and the disappointing problems in the first room you had checked into. The issues with what needs to be repaired have been addressed with the staff especially the engineering team. We have also passed on the issue of the lack of cleanliness regarding the sink and vanity onto our staff and have spoke with the housekeeping department. Unfortunately we did have issues with all of the rain and have addressed those issues, we apologize that our hotel was in that condition and that you were put into that particular room. Thank you for passing on the comments about our staff, it is our goal to make you feel at home and try to fix any problems to may occur during our guests stay. We will make sure we pay attention to details such as how many pillows each guests have and ensuring that all of our guest rooms have comforters. We appreciate your comments about our breakfast buffet so that we can improve on it. It is our goal that any of our amenities that we offer are satisfactory.

Again, we are sorry we did not meet your needs especially on a special day for your husband’s birthday. I do hope that you will give us another chance in the future. We will keep up the good work with the staff and continue on improving our rooms, our appearance of our hotel, and our breakfast buffet.
Lookout Mountain, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

I spent Thurs. and Fri. nights here. When I checked in I asked for a room close to the conference rooms and was easily accommodated. The first night was nice and quiet but the second night there was a military ball and the hall outside my room was very noisy. However all I had to do was turn on the A/C fan and it drowned out all noise. The room was very nice (nicely decorated), bed comfy and I was very pleased.
The restaurant however could use some improvements. The wait staff were excellent but I ordered the special yellow fin tuna and it was tough. Here's a thought: when asparagus isn't is season and you can only get the dredges just serve a different vegetable. The bread served was very mundane. Not many people eating there but it did pick up some before I left to about 11 patrons.
The conference room was perfect and banquet staff person very nice with plenty of offers for assistance.
In reading the other reviews I was skeptical but really this is a very nice hotel. Yes there is evidence of a "long existence" but Elegante has done a really really nice job with the renovations and I would highly recommend this hotel for an event or just a get away. There are plenty of restaurants around and the tuna might have just been over cooked (I did order it med well).

Room Tip: When you exit coming from 25 North, my Garmin GPS told me to turn left after the exit but be careful...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Speaker 55,

Thank you for such kind words about out hotel. We’re glad that you enjoyed our hotel. I do apologize for the Tuna and Asparagus in the restaurant. I have shared your comments with the culinary team. This property has been here for quite some time and I am happy to that you noticed the improvements we've made. We’re committed to adding to the improvements we’ve already done.
I do apologize for the inconveniences you experienced while here and thank you for your patience with the noise during our military ball, we are very glad to know that you enjoyed our beds!
Again thank you for letting us know how we are doing so we may continue to work on improving our hotel and service.
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Recently bought and going through a major refurbishment, this hotel is positioned to become a major attraction in Colorado Springs.

The bed was a fabulous brand new pillow top. The pillows were good, too.

The shower, towels and toiletries were all fine.

The room had a TV, microwave, fridge and coffee machine, but no luggage rack or iPod dock.

Breakfast is extra, however, there are several restaurants in the hotel. Onsite parking is free.

There are lots of pools on the property. With balcony access from some rooms, it's a great family property. Very popular for functions and conventions.

A good base for Colorado Springs, in a good location just off the freeway.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Ed O, General Manager at Hotel Elegante Conference & Event Center, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear ThePackedBag,

We appreciate your postive comment about our beds and pool areas! We are glad you mentioned that your room did not have a luggage rack or an ipod dock so that we may address the issue.
We have shared your postive comments with our staff, again thank you for writing such a great review. Thank you for staying with us.

Thank you.

Been to Hotel Elegante Conference & Event Center? Share your experiences!