“we love this place” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Westcliffe, Colorado
“we love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

we almost always stay here - unless they are booked- when we do entertainment away from home (another 100 miles away) - the FREE breakfast is wonderful and we love Patrick the head chef, - indoor pool (have never used, but always has people in it) - quiet! and also a $10 food voucher at the Falcon Grill the evening you stay - you CANNOT find a better deal.....it is older but clean and the beds are good - worth every penny!

Room Tip: only 2 floors in "A" wing and no elevator, but we like the location
Green Features: this hotel doesn't change linens unless you wish and NO little bottles - pumps on the walls - very good practice
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (368)
Gilbert, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights and had a great experience. The room was very comfortable and clean. I loved the room darkening shade since I don't like light shining in when I am trying to sleep. The breakfast was the best on our two week trip. They have made to order omelets, waffles, eggs, sausage, ham, muffins, and more. All the staff was very friendly. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Colorado Springs and would definitely come back again. Thanks for a pleasant stay.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Don't let the exterior fool you; this is a great choice for a family vacation in Colorado Springs. The staff went out of their way to be helpful and courteous during our stay, and our room was clean and well appointed. With a fridge, coffee maker and microwave, it had everything we needed for our two night stay.

The kids loved the pool and the free football table; I loved the free high speed wi-fi and included breakfast. The omelet bar was great, but very crowded, so you may have to be patient.

Very convenient to the highway with a gas station and Walmart directly across the street, this was the perfect hotel to kick off our two week vacation. Only downside: the main road on which it's located is VERY busy, so be prepared for crazy traffic when you exit the parking lot.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Brighton, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I don't know if this would be the hotel that I would select if I were looking for a very quiet environment. However, I was traveling with my husband, and 3 kids, and this is the perfect spot. The breakfast alone is fantastic, but my kids had a great time at the pool, my husband took a long nap in the room and I did some reading in the atrium of the lobby. Everybody got just what they needed!

Room Tip: Rooms seem to all be very comfortable and spacious. For couples or folks without kids, you might ch...
Green Features: Good. They recommend using towels sparingly or for more than 1 use and I agree with that even at my own home.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

My Hotel stay was an outstanding and enjoyable stay, especially due to the Outstanding View I received when I opened my window to a fantastic view of Pike's Peak. The Academy provided each and every one who stayed a great Breakfast and Wonderful Dinner, especially since Dinner came with a 20 dollar voucher (per night) from the Hotel. Everything above 20.00 dollars was your cost, while the first twenty was paid for by the Hotel.

Room Tip: Always asked for a picture view of Pike's Peak...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

The hotel location is close to the Air Force academy, Garden of the Gods, Manitou Springs, Pikes Peak and many more attractions. This made for a perfect one day trip. The breakfast buffet was the Best ever! The Chef preparing the omelets had information of the area to share while waiting for the omelet to cook. Friendly and humorous he was a true pleasure to talk too. The night shift front desk I can't say anything positive about but your dealing with him the least so that was a good thing. Overall I can't say enough good about the Academy Hotel. Very good value staying here.

• Stayed July 2014
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Good old roomy hotel I stayed. Restaurants and shopping are just cross the street and hotel is very well identified from highway exit. My 7 days in Colorado this is the only one giving space I can walk around without touching anything. Even there is a space to put a bed for my son. Other hotels didn't have a space for it. Breakfast was even better than any other hotel I have been in this trip. There are a cook to make requested omelet and self making waffle machine. Paying same amounts of money at differents hotels this is the hotel I well spent my money.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to The Academy Hotel Colorado Springs? Share your experiences!