“Great Value -” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
San Francisco, California
“Great Value -”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

The facility was good. Other reviews describe the condition of the rooms and other amenities well. We stayed on the 4th floor for the Mountain View. It is pretty good, but another hotel adjacent detracts a bit from what we were expecting. The value of the overall experience was excellent with the daily restaurant voucher and the breakfast set up.

The one area we had was the inconsistent performance of the staff. Most were great. But a few really were not too concerned about how they impacted guests. Housekeeping was inconsistent. Not a huge deal to pick up the phone and get things addressed. One day; no housekeeping. Went to front desk at about 5 pm who was a little dismissive initially, but agreed to help. At that point, all we wanted were some clean towels as we hadn't messed up the room that much, could stand a little trash, etc. Not too much later one of the service staff came up and we exchanged towels, and then told me that housekeeping was going to get to our room -our part of the hotel was at the end of the rounds despite the fact it was very obvious no cleaning carts or staff had been on the floor at all the previous hour since we had returned to the room. Again, big deal? Maybe not. The other encounter was around the elevator when a group of housekeeping staff had blocked off the hall with their carts which prevented movement to the elevator of the stairs and were either on their cell phones or complaining about something related to work - but weren't too concerned about providing some access to the hall and acted as if I was a nuisance to them simply trying to get down stairs. Maybe this is all petty, but the potential for this to have been an outstanding stay was stymied by more than a couple of folks who just didn't seem that interested to the extent you would hope.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (392)
Evansville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

The Academy Hotel was worth the gamble. It was very clean and attractive. I got my bang for my buck! I would definitively stay here again! The front desk clerk was very informative. The breakfast was an added bonus, omelet chef!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

Pleasantly surprised with the decor and overall feel. The breakfast is phenomenal and if you book through the hotel directly you get an additional $10 voucher per day for food and drink! So take at least $10 a day of your cost per day for the breakfast per person! And an additional $10 per room for the voucher! Really nice place and incredible value for the cost!!

• Stayed May 2014
Moriarty, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

First I would like to say I am very particular about my hotel stay when traveling. So with this being said I wasn't impressed with the room 223 because it was a bit old. I presume that because we took one off the online specials we got this room. Though it served its purpose of resting it was not what I expected from the pics. HOWEVER!!!!!! The service was outstanding!!! From the desk to the restaurant. The chef from the egg station acknowledged us from the moment we came into the area. The free breakfast was awesome. They had servers who picked up your plates. There was a sausage, egg/omelet, hashbrown and waffle station. They have a business center that allows you to print your coupons. Hot tub was nice and hot in the nice cool air. We didn't do the pool but glad to know it was there. It has an upscale feel with a motel price. Love it! Also its convenient to everything around. If you book directly through the site they give you a $10.00 voucher off dinner each night you stay. If you need a place to stay this is it. 2 stories no elevator so keep that in mind. So overalll this was the best hotel experience! I

• Stayed May 2014
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

Staff was very friendly and the $10 voucher for the restaurant each night was a wonderful bonus. Breakfast was awesome, lots to choose from! The king sized bed was the most comfortable we had had at a hotel. Also upon check in, we were early and our room was ready, plus they provided us with a map of the area and all kinds of activites for us to enjoy.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

I made my reservation online and was very impressed with the prices. I was an extremely late check-in on my first night, and was pleased with the ease of that process. There is ample parking available on-site and the hotel is easy to find -- even in the middle of the night! I had a nicely decorated king room on the 4th floor. The bed was very comfortable and there were lots of pillows! I didn't hear any hallway noises on any of my nights there. The bathroom looked a little dated and was small, however, the shower was lovely -- great water pressure, large sized, and huge shower head! I appreciated the hotel's efforts to save energy and opted to reuse my bedding and towels. My room had a very large flat-screen television with an extensive channel lineup. I appreciated the free WiFi as well. The fitness center was somewhat basic, but it did the job. It had two treadmills, two elliptical machines, one bike, and weights. The breakfast was fantastic! I loved that it was available until 10:00. It included things like fruit, yogurt, muffins, biscuits & gravy, potatoes, scrambled eggs, French toast, made-to-order omelets, toast, breakfast sandwiches, and probably other things that I'm forgetting. There was also unlimited orange juice, apple juice, milk, water, and coffee. I didn't use the pool but it was a good size and available 24 hours for adult swim.

Overall, I highly recommend this hotel and will plan to stay here in the future when I visit Colorado Springs.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

Our trip was amazing! We showed up 2 hours before check in and they had our room all ready for us. For booking through the hotel we received $10 vouchers for food at the Falcon grill. That was a nice added plus we weren't expecting. The bed was extremely comfortable ( executive king suite ). I would recomend this hotel for anyone who likes good bfast and great customer service.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to The Academy Hotel Colorado Springs? Share your experiences!