“Fantastic, comfortable room in a great location.” 4 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8110 North Academy Blvd, Colorado Springs, CO 80920   |
Ranked #15 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
GreenLeadersBronze level
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Fantastic, comfortable room in a great location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Awesome beds. Super clean room. My only complaint is if one is an extended stay guest as I was, your room will not be cleaned until after 3 pm. They first clean the rooms that are checking out that morning. During my ten day stay I only asked for maid service three times--and that was when I needed the room to be vacuumed and sheets changed. So, I wasn't a demanding-diva guest. On those 3 occasions I left all day and upon my return my room was not yet cleaned and it was well after 3pm. It is annoying to come in to your room after a long day only to find your beds not made and room not vacuumed. They need to change their policy and check in with extended stay guests first since we may not be asking for the whole room to be cleaned-just a touch up. Other than that I would def. stay again. Breakfast is great and food at rest is good too.

• Stayed March 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (373)
Estes Park, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

We thought we had picked a winner but after arriving, discovered that we had not. The entrance to the hotel is not impressive at all. The check-in was very slow, 6 people waiting for one desk clerk. Our room was way in the back and we were told to park in the back...When we reached Door "A" it was locked and we quickly found out the back door entrance did NOT have a hotel card key reader to get in! Locked out. We had to schlep our bags all the way around to the front entrance. Not a happy camper! The hotel had a LOT of kids running about everywhere and the lobby/pool area was really loud. Our room was very dated. When was the last time you saw a rubber bathtub mat with suction cups on the bottom for your tub? There was a severe lack of plugs in the room, no where to plug in computers, phone chargers without unplugging scary looking outlets. The TV remote did not work properly. During the night, we were unable to sleep due to teens running up and down our hallways SCREAMING until 3 a.m. When they finally stopped, the offenders must have been in the room next to ours because then the noise started. They went from laughing, to yelling to crying throughout the next three hours. I could literally hear every word they were saying the insulation in the walls is non-existent. The hotel offered us a free breakfast buffet but we said "No thanks" we wanted a peaceful breakfast after a night like that! Sorry. Wish I could say something different but that was our experience!

Room Tip: No comment
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

My stay at the Academy was average. I was supposed to stay there 2 nights and chose to leave and stay somewhere else the 2nd night. The rooms were pretty decent, but not the cleanest. There were rose petals left on my floor from whomever had stayed there previously, and a few other things just weren't that clean. I stayed on the 2nd floor and there were no elevators? That was very strange to me. The food in the morning was good, but not the best. So I would not stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014
Grand Junction, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

We found the hotel to be clean and inviting. The staff were very helpful and eager to see that our needs were met. We were first given a second floor room but when they found that two in our party had knee problems they able to find us a room on the first floor.

We certainly enjoyed the buffet breakfast.

All in all our stay was great.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

The ENTIRE staff was amazing. They were friendly and very accommodating. I received a great deal while booking on the hotels website; which included coupons for the restaurant and brunch. It was well worth the stay.

Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

I really liked this hotel. The service was amazing. All of the staff was extremely polite and helpful. They have a voucher you get for free continental breakfast.The breakfast was delicious and definitely worth staying at this hotel. The lobby is very social and for the most part there is lots of room.

The location of the hotel was perfect for our stay. It was near the mall and lots of food places. You need to find different entrances for the hotel because of all the of one ways. The location was also near a few bars and small shops.

The rooms were nice. The beds were comfy and the hotel has direct tv. The bathroom does not have any ventilation. There is a small microwave and fridge in the rooms. A lot of the rooms have a view of the lobby. The wifi is really fast but had problems with my phone service.

This hotel is definitely family friendly. I was at this hotel for a college spring break with a boyfriend. There were way too many kids for my liking and it might have been the time when we visited. It was not very romantic hearing babies cry and dogs bark at people in the hallway. However for the most part I would go back because of the service and breakfast.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the lobby, there are lots of kids in the pool usually.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Fort Collins, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

The Academy Hotel is my go to place when I have to be in Colorado Springs for my son's hockey tournaments. The room is always clean and the beds comfortable. The breakfast is the best anywhere!!! The pool gives us a place to unwind after hockey games!

Green Features: Every room has a recycle bin and there are recycle bins in the public spaces as well. Kudos to the owner for being environmentally aware and responsible! Well done!!!!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Been to The Academy Hotel Colorado Springs? Share your experiences!