Just like other reviewers have stated, you really do get more than you pay for here. its conveniently located right off the freeway. We stayed here the night that all of the flooding happened in Boulder and this was such a welcome sight. Walking into this place is a sight that you just don't see anymore in most modern hotels. Its dimly lit, and looks like something straight out of a seventies lodge. There is a bar and restaurant on one side and on the other is a large sitting area with cozy leather furniture and a fireplace. Just beyond that is an indoor pool and gaming area. The whirlpool is outside. The rooms are quite large and the wi-fi was fast and easy to connect to. The bed was large and comfortable. The room was clean and the shower had good water pressure which is always a big issue for me in hotels, but the
However, the only problem that I had with this hotel was the staff acted as if they could care less about my complaints. The hallways and stair cases were wet from the rain and people coming in and out of the pool and no warning signs were put up. No elevators so you have to lug your belongings up the stairs. They allow pets and someone's dog was barking in the room down the hall and woke us up. I was not happy about that.
The breakfast made up for it though. By far the best lay out of food options for a hotel of this caliber. Hot, tasty, and well prepared.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Academy Hotel Colorado Springs! Our Family owned and operated full service hotel is nestled around the Colorado Rocky Mountains with glorious views of Pike's Peak and is conveniently located off I-25 near the U.S. Air Force Academy. The Academy Hotel consistently offers unbeatable value, amazing amenities and exceptional service. Lodging at our hotel provides leisure and business travelers with a wide variety of famous Colorado Springs attractions such as the historic Manitou Cliff Dwellings, Garden of The Gods, Cave of The Winds, Royal Gorge, the Cog Rail Way and more! Guests marvel about The Academy Hotel's luxurious atrium filled with majestic fountains and lush greenery, a warm and inviting fireside lounge, indoor pool, sun deck with hot tub, fitness center, business center, children's arcade and onsite dining at the Falcon's Bar & Grill - with delicious American Cuisine daily specials and happy hour from 3:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m. Late arrivals enjoy the new 24 Hour Convenient Store located by the front desk. Wake each morning to a complimentary hot breakfast with waffle and made to order omelet bar! Other free amenities include: high speed Internet, HBO® movies, business center services, parking and unlimited local calls.Nine conference, banquet and meeting rooms accommodate 350 people -making The Academy Hotel the ideal location for weddings, reunions, social events, holiday buffets and corporate conferences. Tower rooms have been renovated with a warm blend of natural earth tone decor, 32" flat screen TVs, traditional quality furnishings, microwaves and upper floors are served by Elevator. All rooms feature comfortable beds with luxurious triple sheeted linens,mini fridge & Microwave.Whether your stay is for business, pleasure or special event, the attentive staff at The Academy Hotel will ensure your stay is comfortable and memorable! "Exceptional service & amenities - incomparable value." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Reservation Counter, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Academy Hotel Colorado Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Colorado Springs
- Colorado Springs Best Western
- Academy Hotel Colorado Springs