“Great family Stay” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Littleton, Colorado
“Great family Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We always enjoy staying at the Academy Hotel and have done so for over 20 years! The breakfast is a great perk. The rooms are furnished nicely (warm and comfy) and the pool is great (beautiful location). It is so nice that the pool is in an atrium vs. just stuck in a side room and it was warm as far as pools go! There were also plenty of nice lounge chairs around it. So many hotels have one plastic chair stuck in the boring rectangle pool room, but not this one. The staff is very friendly. Our only bummer moment was that the bathroom smelled of mildew (normally not an issue when we stay here). It looked (and felt) clean, but seemed that mildew smell had infiltrated the wallpaper or something? For the price, always a great stay.

Room Tip: Only one elevator for the executive tower...not super speedy. We were on a relaxing vacation so not...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (374)
Canyon, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

The Academy hotel is awesome! Great free breakfast, nice rooms, friendly staff, good pool, free nintendo. Highly recommended if you are going to Colorado Springs. Also, if you book direct you recieve $10 to use in the falcon restaurant per night you stay there. We used it for ice cream sundaes...yummy!

• Stayed August 2013
Dallas Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I don't know where to begin, I love this place. I probably stayed in the Academy Hotel a dozen times last winter and spring while visiting a family member at St Francis. My only regret is that I didn't find it sooner, this place has it all. The lobby is beautiful, the parking is great, the place is safe, the pool is fun, the pillow mattresses are super, the rooms are clean, the tv channels are the one's I watch, the price is right and the staff is superior. Somebody God bless the omelet guy for me, you'll know what I mean (he's the real deal and a hoot). I would give the hotel five stars except for the night a post game party got out of hand (Colorado College vs University of Denver). I love this place so much, I almost feel guilty bringing that little tidbit up. Imho, they are the best hotel in the Springs and I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

After checking the beds in several rooms, we found one firm enough for my husband and I. Rooms are clean and pleasant. Everyone was courteous and helpful. One problem was the tub drained very slowly so by the end of a short shower, you were standing in 4 inches if water. Called to have or fixed the morning of first day, were gone all day and it was not fixed.

Breakfast was good and the omlets were delicious.

• Stayed August 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

The Academy Hotel is a great value. Monday thru Thursday discounted rates are good for the pocketbook. Kids enjoyed the pool, breakfast in the atrium and pillowtop mattresses. Hot tub was okay but needs updated and should have rules kids can't be in without an adult. Very friendly staff.

Mount Sterling, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

This hotel was a great base for all our activities around Colorado Springs. We spent 6 nights here over the course of our 2 week vacation. The customer service was fantastic. It is close to restaurants, Wal-Mart and other things you may need while in the area. They also have coin-operated laundry if needed. Their breakfast is fantastic and their restaurant is also very good. We had dinner here a couple of the nights. Our boys loved the pool and they had terrific wifi. They also do the little things like have cookies in the lobby in the afternoon and they always have ice water with lemon available in the lobby. I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel if you are in this area!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

We had 3 rooms, 2 for 2 nights andf 1 for 1 night. Overall, there was more to disappointed about than to be impressed about. I expect more for $100 per night. We had stayed elsewhere the rest of the week that we were in town for my daughter's wedding, so we arrived, 2 adults and 3 seniors with a lot of luggage, to no bellman to assist. Check-in was pretty smooth, although I had unloaded my handicapped father, to then load him back as we had to drive around to the B bldg. The atrium was nice, but we when we got around to the rooms in the B bldg, they were not nice in any way. Worn carpets & drapes, blinds which barely functioned, old, small televisions & in my parent's room the AC unit was leaking on floor and had to be fiddled with quite a bit to get it working. We had dinner in the restaurant and while all agreed the food was average, the service was quite slow. I had to have my parents at DIA, early the following morning, so we went down for breakfast buffet at 6:00 to be told the person in charge of breakfast had come in "very late" and we would need to wait. This caused undue anxiety. We did eat a partial breakfast when it was ready. The floor of restaurant and some tables were still dirty from the night before (at 6 AM). This made me not want to eat. We also chose this hotel for the indoor pool and hottub. The pool was full of rowdy children and the hot tub was not clean at all so we passed on those. After day 1, I wanted to move to another hotel, quite honestly, but others in my party dissuaded me. Night 2 I needed to logon to my laptop to do some work and the wifi was down. I called the front desk and they said maintenance would look into it. I waited several hours and it still was not available. Next morning still no internet. They never followed up with me on this. Morning 2 we enjoyed breakfast buffet at 7AM before our departure. The guy making the omelets & the girl which came to take our tickets were friendly and the omelets were very good. As stated above, the not at all up to par for what we paid and mostly a disappointment, so honestly I am probably overrating it at average. Somewhere between poor and average would be more accurate.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Academy Hotel Colorado Springs? Share your experiences!