By taking advantage of a summer special we updated to the newer rooms in the 4 story complex "T", the executive tower suite. It was well worth the two dollars more. The room is modern and updated with many of it's features. One of my favorites was the full roman type/style flat shade for over the windows for total blackness. Our main floor room faced the mountain view which was a plus as well. The bathroom featured a lighted makeup mirror, and in shower shampoo and soap dispensers which were the best. The lobby area is a fantastic open area to enjoy complete with sunken lounge with fireplace, cookies during the day/eve when available at the desk, water jugs with the best ice cold water, one with lemons and the other with oranges. The business center was a nice feature to use the computers as well as the in room wi-fi. The Falcon Bar and Grill is a great in house dining option with a large sized $10 pizza that got rave reviews from others who stayed there. The pool area is a open fenced area within the lobby which was unique. It wasn't loud and no chlorine smell I could detect. A mini arcade is in a sunken room below the pool. Two vending machines with food and laundry items and toiletries were in the pool area. Outside the pool through the sliding patio door was a nice patio with covered umbrellas and seating/tables/chairs. Then the hot tub was out there. Once the button stopped functioning and maintenance was quick to respond. Also the same night a glass table shattered and they took quick care in getting it cleaned up. One big highlight to our stay was the morning breakfast. You receive coupons for this and take your seats in the bar and grill area above right in the lobby. Then below are several tables full with fresh food--french toast, potatoes, scrambled eggs, pancakes, waffles, sausage/bacon/ham, english muffins, breads to toast, and from scratch you could make and top with fruits and whipped cream. Then there were fruits, yogurt, muffins, cereal, a drink bar and Patrick who took omelettes and eggs to order. He exemplifies professionalism and a sunny personality. He makes great omelettes and eggs too. He is a real asset to this fine morning breakfast ensemble. Tipping/gratuities are appreciated as the breakfast is free otherwise but is unlike any morning continental breakfast most chains offer. One negative was no in bathroom fan to take away the moisture in the room post showering. This would be a good addition. The beds were comfortable and the flat screens are a recent upgrade as well. Our remote was a bit old and putzy in changing channels but that along with the fan were relatively minor inconveniences that didn't matter overall. There was a microwave/bar type area next to the bathroom, a closet, and a dresser/combo fridge hidden within the unit. This is truly a fine establishment with friendly and attentive staff. We will definitely go back if we have the opportunity to return to Colorado Springs. As far as location we love the northern location where this is located near the Drury Inn (which we stayed in previously) and Cracker Barrel and Famous Daves. They even have a Goodwill practically next door that beats our local Goodwill and offers a reading area with tables and chairs and free coffee. Walmart is on the other side of the lights as are many more places to stop/shop. The Academy is up this direction as well (just a hair north). We don't mind driving the 10-20 minutes to get around from one end to another so it suited us well. This was a truly memorable location and experience for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Academy Hotel Colorado Springs! Our Family owned and operated full service hotel is nestled around the Colorado Rocky Mountains with glorious views of Pike's Peak and is conveniently located off I-25 near the U.S. Air Force Academy. The Academy Hotel consistently offers unbeatable value, amazing amenities and exceptional service. Lodging at our hotel provides leisure and business travelers with a wide variety of famous Colorado Springs attractions such as the historic Manitou Cliff Dwellings, Garden of The Gods, Cave of The Winds, Royal Gorge, the Cog Rail Way and more! Guests marvel about The Academy Hotel's luxurious atrium filled with majestic fountains and lush greenery, a warm and inviting fireside lounge, indoor pool, sun deck with hot tub, fitness center, business center, children's arcade and onsite dining at the Falcon's Bar & Grill - with delicious American Cuisine daily specials and happy hour from 3:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m. Late arrivals enjoy the new 24 Hour Convenient Store located by the front desk. Wake each morning to a complimentary hot breakfast with waffle and made to order omelet bar! Other free amenities include: high speed Internet, HBO® movies, business center services, parking and unlimited local calls.Nine conference, banquet and meeting rooms accommodate 350 people -making The Academy Hotel the ideal location for weddings, reunions, social events, holiday buffets and corporate conferences. Tower rooms have been renovated with a warm blend of natural earth tone decor, 32" flat screen TVs, traditional quality furnishings, microwaves and upper floors are served by Elevator. All rooms feature comfortable beds with luxurious triple sheeted linens,mini fridge & Microwave.Whether your stay is for business, pleasure or special event, the attentive staff at The Academy Hotel will ensure your stay is comfortable and memorable! "Exceptional service & amenities - incomparable value." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Venere and Otel so you can book your The Academy Hotel Colorado Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Colorado Springs
- Colorado Springs Best Western
- Academy Hotel Colorado Springs