I write this review from the desk of my room inside the Academy Inn. My sister and I arrived on Sunday at about 340pm, I went to the front desk to check in and was greeted with a hurried but nice man who checked me in. He even called housekeeping to make sure the room was ready and available, it was. We went through the paperwork, he coded the key cards and gave me a map to the "T" building. The first thing we noticed was the heat when stepping off the elevator, okay maybe it won't be so bad in the room. We settled in, turn on the a/c and then went out to dinner.
Arriving back to the hotel after dinner we trekked back to the room. We are the last room on the 4th floor furthest from the elevators. Inserted the key in the door and we see a flashing yellow light. Yeah, the key card had been voided, tried the other one, same thing. We call down to the front desk from our cell phone and was told I was on the departure list for today. I'm sorry, what? I give him my name and he tells me I need to come to the front desk to get new keys. No. No, I don't think so. Since this not my mistake, you will find someone to bring me the keys. A few minutes later and the same guy who checked me in brought us the new keys. He tried to tell me there wasn't anyone registered to the room and someone left thier bags in the room. Yes, you idiot, those are my bags since I checked in with you not 4 hours ago! Fine, what ever, just let me in the room so I can go to bed. No fridge in the room, the batteries to the tv remote are just about dead, almost out of kleenex in the bathroom. God, maybe it will be better in the morning.
Morning comes and someone is rattling the door trying to get in. Okay, I guess its time to get up now.I go to the door and there is no one there. I get in the shower and there is no water pressure. the shampoo is Breck in the gym style dispenser. This is supposed to be the exective tower, right? Oh, did I mention the shower doesn't drain? Out for the morning to explore then back to the hotel for a laydown. The phone rings, its the front desk staying they have a room change scheduled for me. Really? I don't want to change rooms, no problem says the very nice Front Desk Lady but I will have to come to the FD to get new keys since the ones I have are slated to expire.
I haven't spoken to the FD about all of this yet. I plan on doing so when I go to get my new keys this evening. I will update this review then but at this moment in time, I would not recommend this place nor stay here again.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Colorado Springs
- Colorado Springs Best Western
- Academy Hotel Colorado Springs
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Academy Hotel Colorado Springs! Our Family owned and operated full service hotel is nestled around the Colorado Rocky Mountains with glorious views of Pike's Peak and is conveniently located off I-25 near the U.S. Air Force Academy. The Academy Hotel consistently offers unbeatable value, amazing amenities and exceptional service. Lodging at our hotel provides leisure and business travelers with a wide variety of famous Colorado Springs attractions such as the historic Manitou Cliff Dwellings, Garden of The Gods, Cave of The Winds, Royal Gorge, the Cog Rail Way and more! Guests marvel about The Academy Hotel's luxurious atrium filled with majestic fountains and lush greenery, a warm and inviting fireside lounge, indoor pool, sun deck with hot tub, fitness center, business center, children's arcade and onsite dining at the Falcon's Bar & Grill - with delicious American Cuisine daily specials and happy hour from 3:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m. Late arrivals enjoy the new 24 Hour Convenient Store located by the front desk. Wake each morning to a complimentary hot breakfast with waffle and made to order omelet bar! Other free amenities include: high speed Internet, HBO® movies, business center services, parking and unlimited local calls.Nine conference, banquet and meeting rooms accommodate 350 people -making The Academy Hotel the ideal location for weddings, reunions, social events, holiday buffets and corporate conferences. Tower rooms have been renovated with a warm blend of natural earth tone decor, 32" flat screen TVs, traditional quality furnishings, microwaves and upper floors are served by Elevator. All rooms feature comfortable beds with luxurious triple sheeted linens,mini fridge & Microwave.Whether your stay is for business, pleasure or special event, the attentive staff at The Academy Hotel will ensure your stay is comfortable and memorable! "Exceptional service & amenities - incomparable value." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Tingo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your The Academy Hotel Colorado Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.