When you book through a name-your-own-price website, you can never be sure what to expect. In this case, my wife and I were pleased with the results. We were greeted by courteous, professional staff and got a clean, comfortable room. We enjoyed our stay very much.
Destiny, the desk clerk on duty that day, greeted us enthusiastically and cheerfully. She talked us through the hotel's amenities and gave us all the information we needed. The rest of the employees we encountered were equally friendly and professional.
The property itself is an older building, but it has obviously been remodeled. With a couple of small exceptions, the interior of the lobby and the hallways were quite well decorated. A missing "N" from the sign on the office manager's door may seem like an insignificant detail, but it does raise an eyebrow on the first impression of a hotel. A dingy carpet and an extremely hot fitness room were the only other issues with the hotel. Otherwise, the place was clean and quite welcoming.
The room was impressively clean when we arrived, and the housekeeping staff did an excellent job of cleaning it each day. The linens were soft and bright, and copiously stocked. The mini fridge and microwave worked well and the flat screen TV functioned perfectly. The view from the room left something to be desired, though. When we drew back the curtain, we discovered a rather uninspiring view of a maintenance closet and a large brick wall. Still, the city of Colorado Springs offered more than enough scenery to make up for the lackluster view from our room.
Our room was on the first floor, and was quite large. We had plenty of room for all of our luggage and other sundries. Although it would have been nice to get a room with a king-sized bed, booking through Priceline has its disadvantages, so we made do with a room two beds and a sofa. This is the first hotel we've ever been to that offers Sleep Number beds. While a nice idea in theory, the Sleep Number bed has 2 disadvantages: 1. it takes at least one night to figure out the correct number; and 2. if two people try to share a bed that's meant for one person, it's a lot like jumping on a trampoline together. When one person lies down, the other one bounces. We got everything sorted out, though, and ended up sleeping rather comfortably.
Hotel bathrooms usually provide some sort of a quirky challenge, and this was no exception. The shower and toilet area were separated from the sink and mirror by a door, which was nice. However, we had to prop the door open with a trash can or close it entirely to keep it from swinging freely and hitting us in the rear end when brushing our teeth. Another minor flaw in the bathroom was the fact that there was not a bead of caulk between the bottom of the bathtub and the floor. Again, it may seem insignificant, but that one detail made the bathroom seem unfinished. The rest of the tile and caulk work were immaculate, so why leave out the caulk on the floor? The shower pressure was great, though, and the bathroom area was spotlessly cleaned.
Although I did just spend a couple of sentences picking on a few small details, we really did enjoy our stay, and will definitely consider coming back in the future. The friendly people and clean room made the whole stay quite enjoyable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the moment of your arrival to the memories cherished thereafter, the comforting touches of the Radisson Hotel Colorado Springs Airport create an unforgettable experience. With convenient access off I-25 or Highway 24, the Radisson Hotel Colorado Springs offers easy access to area businesses, military installations and the Colorado Springs Airport and area attractions. Our guests enjoy 24-hour complimentary airport shuttle service, a Business Center, Fitness Center and meeting space. One of the most convenient Colorado Springs hotels, we also offer easy access to Pikes Peak and downtown, allowing guests to experience all the wonderful attractions our city has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Radisson Hotel Colorado Springs Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Colorado Springs
- Colorado Springs Radisson